Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593057 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! With love from the middle of everywhere.
« Reply #7875 on: September 17, 2013, 09:23:09 pm »

First of all, I gotta say: I like you, man. As in, you seem like the people I hang out with in real life. Also, you remind me of me.

First Second of all, though: While I do think it's important to have faith in something, it isn't the way to get a personality. You also can't really will yourself into faith, either.

Speaking from my experience: one of the most important things is to accept that you're human. You're flawed, and so is everyone else. Just have fun with it. You'll also probably find that most people enjoy being around someone who can make them laugh, so if you can do that reliably, that's awesome.
Also, just be the best, nicest guy you can be. Be awesome. Other people will like that.

Also: I find being humble isn't simply "not being cocky". It's realizing you do have flaws, and not letting them affect your world/self views.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »

Thank you, Card, you've sort of helped me figure myself out better in a few minutes than I have in the last few years.
I will think about the things you guys have said tonight and tomorrow, and I'll try sprinkling a little bit of awesome into the things I do instead of the usual not cool stuff.
Making people laugh is my specialty, luckily enough, and I am one of the more well-known people at my school for being able to add humor to almost anything.
Along with everything else, I need to figure out how I can keep my air of superiority without being cocky.
Because I enjoy feeling better than everyone else around me, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »

Wait, you're 16!? Jesus, replace that plaid with a suit and tie and I'd guess that you're a mid-30s businessman. Not in a bad way, either. You've got good eyes, especially. Lose a bit of weight (but not too much) and you could probably pull off a damned fine comfortable-suave. Assuming you've got the guts and voice for it, anyhow. Goodness knows I don't.

Maybe those girls all have things for older men.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:19 pm »

Aside from the sexy thing, you remind me pretty much of myself. It might be that older-looking thing, if you've got the voice.
I do not. Perhaps that is why I remain un-pursued.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: September 17, 2013, 09:51:37 pm »

I may or may not post a photo on my birthday which is.. exactly 18 days from now~ Wheeeeeeeeeeeee~
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: September 17, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »

I dunno.

Don't take this the wrong way, since I am just trying to be honest here, but I always get friend zoned. (Incidentally, that's the way I like it. Though for awhile, my neighbor lady was really laying it on thick.) I really don't care too much about how I look, since I am not terribly interested in a hookup anyway, and am not looking to advertise to begin with.  But, if being aloof and eminating an aura of "unconcerned", was attractive, i'd probably have had more offers.

Just from looking and talking with people of that pursuasion, mostly, they are more interested in a well developed and confident personality that is dependable and not clingy. Being friend zoned has advantages (for me anyway) because I can overhear and even pitch in on such girl talk conversations. From what I've overheard, many chicks dig a guy who's helpful and handy around the house, and some seem to really enjoy watching men work. Beats me how seeing somebody get dirt and sweat all over can be in any way attractive, but then again, I don't experience it regardless, so the whole affair is a grand mystery to me.

The real thing is to avoid having or being a turnoff.  Don't try to pick girls up, but you can drop a flattering compliment and a knowing smile.  Women tend toward being quite good at noticing such things, and enjoy being noticed, as long as the attention isn't "entrapping" or "disgusting"/"offensive". Just like folks hate a pushy salesman, I get the impression that women really don't like a pushy dude trying to pick them up.  Once you become a turn off, that's it, game over bro.  Likewise, don't play the niceguy. Be just a little bit forward, but not vulgar about it.  Eg, you see little miss hotty in the black dress, surrounded by her girl wall? Just unabashedly say something like "I like it!"  And give a thumbs up as they sail past. Nothing more needs to be said or done. If she's interested, she and her girl wall will gossip about it awhile, then come find you to learn more.  Otherwise, you already played your hand, and did so in a way that may well have made her night more enjoyable, and that's something to feel good about all by itself. Rest assured, girls talk about things like that, and if they liked the attention, it may well bear fruit of some kind days or even weeks later in unexpected ways. Just don't worry about it. The world isn't gonna end if a compliment doesn't get returned. Just dial back the hormones, and have a good time. That IS what you go to clubs and such for right? Because if you go to such places to score, you are going for the wrong reasons. You really don't want to come off as the poor lost puppy, looking to go home with somebody. You know, "desperate."

It is very important to remember that women go out with friends to have a good time, and wear attractive clothes and makeup just to feel good. They may or may not actually be advertising or even realy looking. To know if they are or not, you have to get good at reading body language, or become psychic. Sorry, them's the breaks.  Doesn't matter anyway. You and your friends should be going out to have fun too. The best chemistry happens when there's no pressure, just fun. If you and your friends can have a good time with a group of girls, and it makes your night out more enjoyable, fantastic. Otherwise, why complain? You still had a good time, right?

For the life of me, I really just don't understand the hormonal brain shutoff that many people have around the opposite sex, because those hormones? They make you act reeeaaal dumb. LOL. If you think somebody's hot, and the situation is appropriate, go ahead and let them know, but just don't see or think of it as some ritual to get something extra. That's entirely the wrong approach, and is the kind of incorrect goal that hormonally overpowered brains cook up. Flattering women is FUN, all by itself. Doesn't need anything else. You can make a great evening doing nothing but that. Girls have their girl gossip, and guys have their guy time, but really, the same sorts of games come out of it.  Guys make games out of trying to get girls attention, and girls make games of trying to get noticed. Make a game of seeing how many pretty girls in the club you can make smile and giggle with a compliment, and keep score, just between you and your friends. That's the whole objective; make them giggle and smile as they walk passed.  (Rest assured, they and their girl wall are probably doing the same thing, so don't sweat it.)

Me, I just watch this stuff go on, and laugh.  Its fun watching people go through these silly activities, and how they react to different things.

Remember, even really butt ugly guys and girls can find somebody. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't sweat it if you get the "ewww! Ick!" Reaction to dropping the flattering compliment. It just means she isn't into your kind of aesthetics. No big whoop. The world takes all kinds. (Seriously, some women really dig fat, bald, greasy men. It's their thing. Who knows why. Others like musculuar guys, or skinny tall guys, or whatever. They come in all kinds, and everyone has something at least one other person is looking for.) Don't sweat it if you get the "ick!" Reaction. Just laugh it off and move on. In fact, you can keep a score for that too with your group of guys.

That's about it on the "friendly bad advice you should probably ignore" front from me. Anything more isn't something people tend to like having other people watching, or having a 3rd wheel around, so how to handle that hot date after getting her number? Beats the hell outta me. That kinda thing's waaay outside my element.

Just stop fretting over wondering if you are attractive or not. Seriously, ever seen the phantom of the opera? Dude was burned all over. Still got the girl.  Don't fret about it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »

The Phantom of the Opera didn't get the girl, but it was made clear that it was because he was a horrible human being and Christine would have ignored the fugly >_>

Otherwise, you're completely correct.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7882 on: September 17, 2013, 10:12:47 pm »

Spoiler: Et tu.. GUNIN? (click to show/hide)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »

I'd post a picture of myself, but I'm physically incapable of smiling, so I don't ever know how to look in pictures.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7884 on: September 17, 2013, 10:17:00 pm »

I'd post a picture of myself, but I'm physically incapable of smiling, so I don't ever know how to look in pictures.
*looks at own picture*  *looks in mirror*  *struggles*  *gives up*  *shrugs*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: September 17, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »

You're a little... Shirtless.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7886 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:06 pm »

You're a little... Shirtless.
Yes. Computer time is shirtless time. I wear jeans 100% of the time, no shoes, sometimes socks.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »

Always pantless. Always shirtless.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7888 on: September 17, 2013, 10:36:33 pm »

Always pantless. Always shirtless.
Always?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: September 17, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »

Not really. Sometimes. Mainly on Sundays.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 987