Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1592989 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #12690 on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »

Well, I'll admit my interest spawns mostly from a couple comics books taking place in the city I4ve read and liked. (This is Belgium. We have comics about everything).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: August 09, 2015, 01:17:02 pm »

Tell us more...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: August 09, 2015, 01:18:11 pm »

What? They're nice comics about a bunch of multinational teens growing up in Moktar immediately before the Great Yougoslavian Fuckup.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: August 09, 2015, 01:52:15 pm »

I only know of one comic book taking place here. I think it was some Italian monster hunter type, hunting down some shadow thing tied to the old bridge.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: August 09, 2015, 02:43:51 pm »

Wait, those triple dots conveyed the wrong connotation. I actually wanted to know more.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:19 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: August 12, 2015, 02:07:41 am »

Dude, they have these massive holes on the sides. Should be uncomfortable with all these little pebbles lying around and waiting to get in your shoes and deliver you some pain.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:15 am »

Nah, just think of them as artisanal sandals. The one issue with holes is wetness and cold, but its not like those kinds of shoes are ever really waterproof anyway.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: August 12, 2015, 02:38:56 am »

Dude, they have these massive holes on the sides. Should be uncomfortable with all these little pebbles lying around and waiting to get in your shoes and deliver you some pain.
But just think of the punkness. New shoes would totally have less punk.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: August 12, 2015, 12:02:42 pm »

You can artificially punk any shoes you get!

... Of course, then you'd be in the same position.

A recursive infinite feedback loop of shoe purchasing!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: August 12, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »

When I was in Thailand, you had to wear a uniform in school, so kids that wanted to show off would punk their shoes to look different.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »

I was in Singapore once, in an international research program for juniors. They have this place, National Junior College. They have grey uniforms. Every day, at 6 AM all the students come to campus square, arrange themselves in columns and listen to the national anthem, then recite citizen's oath. Every working day. That was disturbing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:18:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: August 12, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »

Hehe, in Thailand, you'd go to school at 8, sing the national anthem, then meditate for 15 minutes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:09 pm »

I actually haven't had any pebbles/stones get into them, even after walking around on gravel quite a bit recently.
There's only really one large hole, and it doesn't go quite down to the bottom of the sole. I'm more annoyed by the outer rubber part coming apart at the front... I'll probably have to glue that up before long. It's starting to look like some sort of mouth.

Besides, these are nowhere near as bad as my old pair got, and I kept wearing them for a long time. It was even worse in that case because the hole tore in the top of the shoe, meaning my toes could slip out to get some air. Add to that the fact that I owned very few socks without holes in the toe region, and yeah... I bought new socks and kept wearing the shoes a while longer.

It's funny how all my pairs of converse fall apart in different patterns. I had one pair that frayed away at the middle of the sides of my feet, one that burst open at the top, and these ones that are just coming apart where canvas meets rubber.

@Ninjas: Man, I hated school uniform. Wearing a school shirt, sure, that makes sense- but you won't let me wear jeans shorts? Not even blue ones? I have to wear these horrible synthetic blue uniform shorts? Fuck you, high school.
Some of kid-me's dress sense was pretty bad- those 3/4 length, baggy red denim shorts come to mind- but at least I drew the line somewhere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: August 12, 2015, 12:27:52 pm »

On this end of the globe, when I need to have some durable boots for outdoor activities, I go to the military surplus store and get myself some army boots. Those are ~20$ for a pair. And they're pretty good. Not quite stylish, but pretty good for walking across pretty much everything.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:32:52 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 987