Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have come here to kick butt and to lose internal organs! And ...  (Read 5682 times)

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have come here to kick butt and to lose internal organs! And ...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:11 pm »

If you grab a weapon or item during wrestling it goes in your inventory and you can gain possession of it with "I".  I once stripped most of an Axeman/Mayor's gear that way just for the hell of it (until I fell off the second floor of the tavern and the town's guards cut me to ribbons).  It's too bad you can't use wrestling to reverse that and force items INTO another creature's hands.  Conceivably, though, you could trick her into taking possession of your weapon if you stripped off all your other gear and challenged her to a wrestling match.

That sounds dirty...
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:36 pm »

Actually that sounds like a reasonably easy idea to try out.

I'll do a save-scum prepared wrestling test run on her & report back. I'd love it if I can just give her the crossbow back.

I predict it will end poorly since one of my other companions is a swordsman. Assuming he tries to join in.

I also plan on reporting back on the Goblin tower run - as soon as I get some free time to hit it.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:18 am »

The real problem is, after she has recovered the weapon, convincing her that you were only kidding.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 12:30:44 pm »

I think without a pancreas you'd be unable to effectively break down food or regulate its intake, so yeah you'd die pretty quick-like.

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 04:32:26 am »

Right.

The wrestling match went as predicted. They all ganged up on me & nothing was accomplished. On the plus side they had a very hard time of it. In the end I got bored & save-scummed out.

The Goblin tower run was *not* what I expected.

a) First off my generic farmer companion decided to jet. While this is not a problem it is weird. I've no idea what happened to him - he's just *gone.* Rogue intelligence gene maybe?  ::)

b) I skulked around what I thought was a tower. Now I'm thinking it is a conquered human village. Anyway I managed to sneak my way into a big ole' ambush of ... prisoners. I also saw a few random non-prisoner humans. Did the heroic thing - gathered up all the prisoners & ran back to the nearest town with them. Never even saw a single Goblin although I was not there very long & did not explore much.

So what do I do with these idiots? Can I save them by taking them back to their home towns or should I just charge something nasty with my mighty mini army of 11 year olds?  ???
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:33 am »

So what do I do with these idiots? Can I save them by taking them back to their home towns or should I just charge something nasty with my mighty mini army of 11 year olds?  ???

I believe you can free them by talking to their parents, if they're still alive(The parents), or retiring in the town and then starting your adventure again.

Retiring will make you lose all your companions though.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 
Pages: 1 [2]