Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56719 times)

seigenblues

• Bay Watcher
  • bamf!
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2010, 09:03:05 am »

any soap in the fortress?

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:15 am »

What? You let me die of the plague?! Noooo! That dwarf was so perfectly me! Apart from the hairstyle. And I was watching during my turn, my dwarf actually did most of the work digging out the magma pump shaft. I don't suppose he has surviving family anywhere?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:58 am »

Oh yeah, put me down for another turn. Friday the 16th please.

I already called it. Oh, and Spoon, in answer to your comment on my sig'd fortress (I assume it's the same Demonic Spoon), "Because I can." If you want I could upload the save to DFFD and you can give it a go ;)

That was me yes and I'm good thanks, the map is more than enough, much more. Also it seems we got to turn eight before everything went to the HFS.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2010, 10:39:04 am »

What? You let me die of the plague?! Noooo! That dwarf was so perfectly me! Apart from the hairstyle. And I was watching during my turn, my dwarf actually did most of the work digging out the magma pump shaft. I don't suppose he has surviving family anywhere?

Sorry about that. Actually, I didn't think of soap at the time. I'm not sure if he had any descendants. It looks like the relationships screen/status screen culls deceased dwarves; there are four children with mothers but no fathers.

Two of Gamegreen's daughters are dead, but he's got four others so it's cool.

Also, the relationship screen for 'Samoorai' himself says that he never got past 'passing acquaintance' with anyone, so either he never married or everyone else died, possibly before he did.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:51:48 am by db48x »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2010, 11:03:16 am »

I'd better be in my tomb then. Make sure I get some nice statues and engravings in there too.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22:49 am »

Well, you are in your tomb. What you've got at the moment are a pair of moldy old socks. ;)

As for engravings there, are a few interesting ones. There are several of a human taming giant eagles while on a journey, one or two of the founding, two of Barbarossa being appointed to the position of broker and militia commander in the early spring of 1052. So far there's just the one wall of engravings in the dining room, though. I want to see one of dwarves rotting in a pile in the corner of the hospital...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2010, 12:17:55 pm »

Ah, I've figured out what happenend, I must have accidently erased my dwarf's name or something, I'm still alive though. Could someone please reanme the bookkeeper dwarf that has the Overlord profession to Demonic Spoon? He's named Ber or something. It'd be much appreciated!

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:56 pm »

So, massive die offs are always fun.  But I think we can make this plague thing even better: harness it as an offensive tactic.

• Build two entrances to the fort.
  • Make one winding (to discourage pets and merchants) and set the traffic to "restricted" (to extra make sure dorfs don't tread through).
  • Fill the long entrance with pools of poisonous blood.
  • Close the "safe" entrance when appropriate, routing all traffic through pools of black death.
  • Profit from unjustifiably dangerous defense system.

At last, she is done.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:59 pm »

Profit from unjustifiably dangerous defense system.
It's dwarven, that's all the justification you need.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2010, 01:53:53 pm »

I won't be taking my turn today, for a few reasons. For one, I didn't even remember I had a turn today until about 30 mins ago. Two, my Elemental: War of Magic beta is ready to play today. Three, db48x's save zip file doesn't seem to have been copied correctly. When extracted, it results in a "file," literally, not even a '.' extension at the end. So it would be best if that gets rectified before tommorow if you plan on continuing from there.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »

Zing! I claim the save! For great justice! Also I'm going to be a manly man and play the newest version, so no dwarf therapist for me!  :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:59:29 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2010, 02:48:15 pm »

No fair, Spoon lives and I die? I declare shenanigans! I must rise from my grave and spit on you so you get infected!

Top priority needs to be the disposal of all that elven crap. I'm not sure, but I think some of the military was actually WEARING some of that wooden armor during my turn *shudder*. Clean up in general needs to be done.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:56 pm »

I would like the next available turn for this madness.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2010, 05:07:02 pm »

Sometime, try to name a dwarf after me. I`ll try to do some useful narration but not playing myself.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2010, 07:01:42 pm »

noobsauce and skaltum added.

At least Barbarossa will live on in our minds and walls.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28