Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56593 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2010, 12:23:48 pm »

I didn't specifically claim the 16th, I just want the earliest possible day.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2010, 12:33:37 pm »

Added. Signups for week 4 technically don't start for a few days yet, I'm just making an exception due to a screwup on my part.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:34 pm »

I've got the pump tower all channeled out now. Worked some gold veins, and  started some other veins that intersect the tower.

Time for a quick 8-hour nap though.

Oh, I see that one of the doctors has started doing amputations on plague victims. He may be stuck in the same loop as the one that was trying to fix that guy's liver though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2010, 03:14:55 pm »

"It appears your torso has rotted. We'll have to amputate."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »

"Will it grow back, doctor?"
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »

"Will it grow back, doctor?"
If you sacrifice your organs to Armok, I believe it just might.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2010, 01:20:29 am »

Ok, someone decided to dig into the the cavern that Thrathnu was hanging out in, and he's already killed one of our wrestlers. Most of the rest are apparently still trying to pick up equipment.

I'd like to share a few excerpts from the combat reports so far:

The Overlord punches The Forgotten Beast in the lower body with his right hand, but the attack glances away!

The Forgotten Beast strikes The Recruit in the lower body with its x(warthog leather cap)x but the attack is deflected by The Recruit's x(giant cave spider silk coat)x!

The spinning forgotten beast frozen extract strikes The Recruit in the right lower arm, but the attack is deflected by The Recruit's x(warthog leather robe)x!

The Soldier hacks The Forgotten Beast in the head from behind with his iron battle axe, shattering it!

The Overlord punches The Forgotten Beast in the head with his right hand, but the attack passes right through!

I'll let you know how it goes.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2010, 01:31:41 am »

The Forgotten Beast pushes The Overlord in the upper body, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue through the XX(pig tail fiber robe)XX!
You fall over.

Yes, it does say 'you' fall over. DS, I think he's going to kill you. Too bad the forgotten beast was between you and your armor.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2010, 01:39:28 am »

Oooh, you suffocated, DS.

On a happier note:

The soldier hacks The Forgotten Beast in the head with his iron battle axe, shattering it!
The iron battle axe is lodged firmly in the wound!
The Forgotten Beast pushes The Recruit in the upper body, bruising the muscle and bruising the heart through the X(giant cave spider silk coat)X!
The miner strikes The Forgotten Beast in the lower body with her (copper pick), shattering it!
The Soldier twists the embedded iron battle axe around in The Forgotten Beast's head!

I'm glad someone else with a weapon finally showed up, although it's a shame that they've managed to hack off Thrathnu's arms and feet. He's doing more damage now by bumping into people than he was doing with that cap or by kicking people.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:40 am »

Ok, this is just hopeless. It's down to just the one soldier fighting the beast, and neither of them have had any effect in an hour of trying. All of the beasts body parts are either broken or severed, and every single one of the soldier's attacks does "damage", but there's apparently no way to kill it. I'm beginning to suspect that you can't sever a body part that is already red with damage.

I guess I'm going to save-scum and prevent him from gaining entry to the fort.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2010, 03:44:51 am »

From the expedition leader's guidebook:

Thrathnu: Forgotten Beast of Temporal Distortion. Fighting this beast causes a build up of chronoton particles, eventually causing a cascade effect which reverts the flow of time to a random point before the fight began. Contact is not advised.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2010, 04:30:39 am »

From the expedition leader's guidebook:

Thrathnu: Forgotten Beast of Temporal Distortion. Fighting this beast causes a build up of chronoton particles, eventually causing a cascade effect which reverts the flow of time to a random point before the fight began. Contact is not advised.

hahaha.

Turns out there were five separate entrances to that cavern. Took me three tries to get them all closed up properly. We lost a farmer in the process, but at least we're safe again.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:35 am »

Save

Ok. With the restarts, I didn't really get as much done as I'd like. I concentrated on the pump tower, getting every layer channeled out and placing 70 or so new pumps. Of course, most of those are still waiting on an architect, but it's progress. I've also been sealing off the layers that already have pumps. We're out of pipe sections and down to only a dozen or so large screws, so glass production needs to continue.

There's a new forgotten beast in the lowest caverns. We haven't fully explored that area, it's just visible at the bottom of the pit in the south-east corner of the site. Or at least it was, when it first appeared. It seems to have gone off the radar. Try not to breach that cavern in the future.

We just had a wave of immigration; 22 new dwarves have joined our fortress in the last 2 months. I don't think that they had heard about the plague.

An Elven caravan arrived just as I went to save, so don't forget to deal with them.

It's hovering around 13-15 fps at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:07:18 am by db48x »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2010, 08:39:19 am »

Phew, that was a close one, but Demonic Spoon lives on! I knew it was a bad idea to put him in the military.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2010, 09:19:02 am »

I have grabbed the save, and will get going
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28