Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 40427 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »

Im having this problem where the (z) status screen shows all of my military units as masons. I haven't actually seen a military dwarf in the real game, but the status screen thing is really annoying. Please tell me I am not the only one with this problem.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »

Im having this problem where the (z) status screen shows all of my military units as masons. I haven't actually seen a military dwarf in the real game, but the status screen thing is really annoying. Please tell me I am not the only one with this problem.
I've heard of it before, and I haven't seen it, but it's just a bug. I'm looking for a workaround. Supposedly, actual military dwarves use proper tiles; the generic "military dude" for the status screen just defaults, for whatever reason, to become a mason, like the doctors becoming those weird purple skeletal dwarves.

I wouldn't know how to fix it off the top of my head, unless there's a tile assignment for "status screen military dwarf" that's different this time around that can be added in. Anyone know of such a tile?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:26 pm »

I get it too, but as Cr9 says, actual dwarves use the correct sprites.

dsi1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2010, 11:32:53 pm »

I'm still getting blank character tiles with the Recommended graphicset, which supposedly shouldn't have blank spaces for Magma Men and Humans.

EDIT: it seems that graphicsets don't work correctly in Area right now, nevermind!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:01:16 am by dsi1 »
Me: I developed a way to catch demons which shoot web, then I forced it to work in a sweatshop and shoot its magma-proof web at children so I can collect it to make clothes.

Friend: Holy shit.

FatedTemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2010, 07:35:24 am »

Im having this problem where the (z) status screen shows all of my military units as masons.

That's nothing! In my status screen dwarven children are represented by a skeletal crocodile, jewelers by a fire imp and engineers by a bat! (They all look fine in game, it's just the status screen).

That's not the tileset; those are taken from the graphics so ... what the heck? But it doesn't effect game play and the game's going to go through a lot of bug fixes and changes, including the d# merge. So I guess can live with my record keeper thinking rangers are naked mole dogs for now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:38:13 am by FatedTemp »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2010, 09:29:06 am »

Phoebus DF2010 graphic set[/b]

Graphic Set only, manual installation required :
http://solidfiles.com/d/0CZd

Full Package preinstalled w/ DFv0.31.01 :
http://solidfiles.com/d/luR5

- custom tileset with a mineral chart, nice walls and alot more
- requires updated raws
- also includes graphic tiles for most units in the game.
- I haven't personally tried it, but Phoebus has a thread going in the mods subforum

Those are older versions of the Phoebus' graphic set; if you use those, all your stone will end up the same price (3).  Check phoebus' thread for the updated version.

Xort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2010, 04:24:52 pm »

Was the cause of the replacement of some capital letters found? I'm updating an old set that current causes a CTD, but I'v found that E and H are being replaced by an icon. I'd like to fix that before moving all the other designations over.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2010, 04:28:07 pm »

Was the cause of the replacement of some capital letters found? I'm updating an old set that current causes a CTD, but I'v found that E and H are being replaced by an icon. I'd like to fix that before moving all the other designations over.
The game's 'coding'.

1ronclaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2010, 08:44:14 pm »

Does anyone have any plans to update the Dystopian Rhetoric set? I'd try to do something myself, but I know absolutely nothing about modding.

Xort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2010, 10:33:28 pm »

The game's 'coding'.
So as I know which of my icons are being copied I could just replace those with the correct capital letter, and then add the icons to an empty spot?

Can I asume that the sprite/icon that will be copied is static, making this work around viable?

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2010, 11:10:56 pm »

The game's 'coding'.
So as I know which of my icons are being copied I could just replace those with the correct capital letter, and then add the icons to an empty spot?

Can I asume that the sprite/icon that will be copied is static, making this work around viable?
Well it's the E, D, H, some numbers and bits of walls (so far as I know, there may be more) that are being dropped, and there aren't enough blank tiles in the tileset to do that replacement. Thing is, it's not even replacing some tiles with others -- it's actually just ignoring them outright.

Background for this test: every 'blank' tile in the tileset grid had a number drawn in it. That means that all blank spots that are getting drawn with a tile now show up with a number. Blank spots that aren't getting drawn won't. So, for instance, this is the title screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The spaces are drawn tiles that were blank. Now they have a (badly-drawn) 6 in them. The areas around the text is just undrawn.

Now we load Arena twice to start the tiledrop bug. It's not just forgetting what tile is what -- it actually does not draw those tiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thankfully this is easily worked around by restarting DF every time it drops tiles, but it means Arena can't have graphics (as Arena only loads graphics if you start it twice, which is one of the things that causes a tile drop).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:13:02 pm by Cr9 »

Xort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »

Does anyone have any plans to update the Dystopian Rhetoric set? I'd try to do something myself, but I know absolutely nothing about modding.

I'v updated a DR pack with some animals, no new jobs have been added so all the medical is going to be.. whatever it is by default I guess.

Delete everything in your graphics folder and drop what's in the rar and you should be good to go. After creating a world and picking a fort, you will need to save and then exit to get your capital E, D, H and IIRC the number 1 back. All your army will show up like masons in the Z screen but actualy military guys have the proper icon on the map.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MKP7B3P
Fixed the issue with the new name for royal and regular guards.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:07:34 pm by Xort »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »

I've started a completely new graphics set over in Creative Projects.
You guys should come over and give me suggestions and stuff.

I hit the tile-dropping bug when I tried to incorporate graphics too.
That's why I'm spriting, to keep myself occupied until the OpenGL merge.
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that'll solve a lot of the graphics problems all at once...

Roop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2010, 04:51:54 am »

Hi, I've made this tileset to use with 0.31.04 since the game has been telling me that my computer lacks the GPU to run the game with graphics mode turned on.  I had downloaded Pheobus' graphic set and have heavily modified it to keep things readable even with GRAPHICS:NO in the init file.  I wanted to share it because of the time I had spent making the thing... in particular I like how the 'X' looks for bins and u/d staircases as well as in text, and the way that the dwarf icons came out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope I'm posting to the right place, but I'm new to this.

My init file changes are as follows:

[FULLSCREENX:1280]
[FULLSCREENY:768]
[FULLFONT:Roop_16x16.bmp]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:00:40 am by Roop »

RJBT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2010, 08:28:22 am »

My fiddle with RantingRodent's set:

http://rapidshare.com/files/370767508/DF2010_with_OldRantingRodent.rar

- Terrain is RantingRodent style
- Dwarves seem to be some weird version of the example dwarf version
- Creatures are just ASCII characters
- I was fiddling with the tile sizes and resolution in the init file, so you may want to change them, a guide is given on how to do that here: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

I expect someone else with a bit more know how could make something much better!

I have the RantingRodent graphics set but the fullscreen doesn't work and I am given a view that has no right side.

I can't do any talking without losing out on what's being said.

Any help?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9