Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.31.01] multiple mayors  (Read 11268 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] multiple mayors
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:24:13 am »

So, I'm looking at the units screen and I happen to notice I've got more then one mayor - 4 in fact!

Worse, all 4 of them seem to be making mandates, and assigning punishments when I don't fill them!

And even more frustratingly, the nobles screen only lists one mayor, so I can't even see what the other ones want made :(

It looks like every time the dwarves elect a new mayor, the old one is trying to keep the office. Soon everyone will be mayor!
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] multiple mayors
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:20:20 am »

Yeah I'm having this problem too. And they're both issuing out mandates for goods I can't produce.

Keolah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:57:47 am »

I seem to have two mayors at the moment, myself. When a migrant child matured to adulthood, she immediately became mayor, but the old mayor seems to still be considered mayor also...
There's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of *cat tallow roast*.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:55:10 pm »

Clearly this bug should be used as the basis of a story fort.  Bring a fort up to the population needed to get a mayor, then when each mayor is elected, give him pumping duty somewhere that he'll never see another dwarf face, so someone else gets elected, and repeat until you have several mayors. 

Then bring them all together into one small burrow and kill off the remaining population.  Five mayors struggling to fulfill one another's mandate. 

Make sure that they get assigned to various noble positions before killing them off, because of that other noble bug. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:38:02 pm »

Clearly this bug should be used as the basis of a story fort.  Bring a fort up to the population needed to get a mayor, then when each mayor is elected, give him pumping duty somewhere that he'll never see another dwarf face, so someone else gets elected, and repeat until you have several mayors. 

Then bring them all together into one small burrow and kill off the remaining population.  Five mayors struggling to fulfill one another's mandate. 

Make sure that they get assigned to various noble positions before killing them off, because of that other noble bug. 

I was thinking more like splitting the fortress into two (or four or however many) fortresses, with each mayor's friends rallying to support the one true mayor and refusing to interact with the usurper(s).

Edit: Oh, and I just got my second mayor. Strangely, there was no announcement that she was elected, and unfortunately I can't reassign the old-yet-current mayor's offices to the new one as he still demands a decent office (and a crystal glass armor stand, and no export of animal traps)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:41:22 pm by CursedBurger »

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:36:58 am »

Aside from killing off the remaining population, this sounds like a reality TV show.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:31 am »

Five mayors.

One burrow.

NO WAY OUT.

This summer...

DWARF FORTRESS: ELECTION MONTH.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:52:09 pm »

I can confirm this.

This can only end badly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 09:08:01 pm »

I can confirm this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This can only end badly.
Well that's one way to get rid of the competition.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 01:43:25 am »

Why stop at five? As many as you can possibly do seems like the dwarfy way to go.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 04:46:29 am »

Buckermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 04:25:34 am »

One of my two mayors (the one not listed in the nobles screen) was killed in a unfortunate plumbing incident. Minutes later a dwarven caravan arrived, and immediately the diplomat of that caravan left unhappy. Now my nobles screen lists no mayor at all. I can only guess if there will be a new election, and what happens after that.
Art reflects life, and then menaces with spikes.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:42 am »

One of my two mayors (the one not listed in the nobles screen) was killed in a unfortunate plumbing incident. Minutes later a dwarven caravan arrived, and immediately the diplomat of that caravan left unhappy. Now my nobles screen lists no mayor at all. I can only guess if there will be a new election, and what happens after that.
no.
If your first one dies early, you won't get a new one as far as I know.
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Buckermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:39 am »

no.
I'm happy to report that I got a new mayor elected (in addition to the old "leftover" mayor). It seems she handles all the functions of a regular mayor and is listed on the nobles screen.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:35:46 am by Buckermann »
Art reflects life, and then menaces with spikes.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:24 pm »

no.
I'm happy to report that I got a new mayor elected (in addition to the old "leftover" mayor). It seems she handles all the functions of a regular mayor and is listed on the nobles screen.
Someone, somewhere must hate me like so much :( when my first mayor died, i was mayor-less for the rest of the game.
well right now i have four.
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"
Pages: [1] 2