Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218717 times)

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya~ Today I decided I wanted to see how my current fort looks with this set so I tediously (kdiff) merged the raws and all, and I like it so far :).

Can you usually build cages out of lead? I can't remember; but I did add a bunch of item tags to various metals. Lead cages show up as completely black tiles. Maybe something needs to be changed about lead to make it work.

Ghundio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The raws for Ironhand/Wormslayer GFX set depends upon heavily modified raws. To make it work you would have to hand edit the raws to fit.

I've got time, energy drinks, record keeper job set so I'll give it a try. Also notepad ++ has this handy compare plugin that should make this relatively easy... I hope.
All I have to change is the grid locations, correct?

Sweet, it worked.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:35:21 pm by Ghundio »
Go into your stocks menu. You'll see a masterwork adamantine sword of some kind. Zoom to its location and you'll be directed to the bottom of the curious structure.

Go now and claim what is rightly yours. And watch out for the zombies.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile

Quick hack, but I think it has potential?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
last set I was using was DLG, and this was a feature that gave amazing depth, but wasn't really noticed unless you suddenly didn't have it. It looks amazing too! But thos blank spots are always a let down, cant wait to see what you can do with this effect. *holds breath in anticipation*

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually never noticed that Z-level below effect was even there in that other mod.. but now you've experimented with it, I got to say, I love it! I think I like how it's a little darker than the current Z-level too.

As for the doors, I couldn't get my head around how DF works out the colours for them - it relies on alpha channels and transparency on the tiles and blending of the foreground and background colours/brightnesses, and modifying the settings for minerals in the raws so that they have particular colours. But then you probably knew that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:37:59 pm by Harmonica »

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or are iron cages completely black ?

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Probably, it seems there are a few palette issues to sort out :D

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, as is usual with any project like this, bugs will happen :) speaking of which... boxes are black with brown X's instead of brown with black X's ;)

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably, it seems there are a few palette issues to sort out :D

It's a tad too dark, but I love it.
I always to that with my custom tilesets, too :)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

So I think I've figured out a balance between alpha and foreground that works for all materials:

Could you guys with lead and iron cages give this tilesheet a go and post a screenshot of what they look like? :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:56:57 pm by WormSlayer »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slightly smaller cages :)

I swear that little dude can tell when I'm going to take a screenshot! He wasnt even dropping off a cage or caring for the animals, he just came and stood there! :P

He's trying to tell me something... Probably that he's awesome and wants to be a star.

Theres something I was trying to do either those lines, that mean weapons. Can't we make them LOOK like weapons? Not just sticks?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lead cages:

However:
My cobalite doors don't seem to look like yours. The upper right is cobalite, the lower two are microline. Which also dosen't quite look exactly like yours either.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My cobalite doors don't seem to look like yours. The upper right is cobalite, the lower two are microline. Which also dosen't quite look exactly like yours either.

Your color file is different from his, I guess.

About the "sticks" not looking like weapons:

It's part of the "tile transition" animation, a ballists tile and bolts.
So I guess you could only make them "spear" like at most without them looking out of place.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Yeah thats probably my bad - I edited the post to point to a slightly modified image where the doors were using the same trick as the cages, I was hoping I did it before anyone downloaded but I guess I was too slow :D

If you re-download that test tilesheet, doors and cages should look even better :)

Theres something I was trying to do either those lines, that mean weapons. Can't we make them LOOK like weapons? Not just sticks?

Oh, now I get what you mean! Those are arrows and crossbow bolts. It's one of those annoying tiles used for several important things that we cant (yet) change...

It's a tad too dark, but I love it.

Yeah it's too dark for me in that shot too, but thats how dark it has to be, to be darker than floor tiles...

Ironhand has yet to work his magic upon them, but these basic gem shapes are more obvious?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:55:24 pm by WormSlayer »

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ironhand has yet to work his magic upon them, but these basic gem shapes are more obvious?

To be honest, I liked them as they were: raw. It's more realistic that way.
I my opinion the visibility problem could be more easily tacked if there were not one, but several small gems for the lowest value - maybe three.
Then two bigger ones for the next value, then one big one, then one huge one for the last value.
The same for ores.
Does this sound good?

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

What about: 4 tiny, 3 small, 2 large and 1 huge rough gem?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:52:45 pm by WormSlayer »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 329