Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93385 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 2 - What's a vacation without a luau?
« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »

Never think someone isnt scum. I plan alot in my games.

I'd be so interested to see your planning strategy. No joke.
Cant telol you now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:46 am »

Vote count.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #587 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:07 am »

Vote count.
What? He did one less than a page ago. Unless I missed something, the only thing that changed is that Jim unvoted and voted vector causing a tie.

Unofficial Vote Count:

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: Solifuge, Vector
Jokerman-EXE: forsaken1111, Leafsnail, ToonyMan
Org: JanusTwoface
Pandarsenic: Jokerman-EXE
Vector: Org, Pandarsenic, Jim Groovester

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 24, 2010, 11:38:55 am »

I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.  I must of looked too far back and not the front.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:07 am »

None of his vote counts have when the day ends, I don't want a freakin tie.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #590 on: April 24, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

None of his vote counts have when the day ends, I don't want a freakin tie.

I think we're ok.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 24, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: Solifuge, Vector
Jokerman-EXE: forsaken1111, Leafsnail, ToonyMan
Org: JanusTwoface
Pandarsenic: Jokerman-EXE
Vector: Jim Groovester, Org, Pandarsenic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:47 pm »

Quote from: Pandarsenic
I got a mafia member yesterday and I'm reasonably confident that (it feels so weird saying this) Org found scum. I stated my reasons and voted.

If you're gonna attack me, attack me. None of this poke-and-retreat bullshit.
Aaaand yet this isn't what I called you out on.  Y'see, one use of making a fairly mild attack is that you get to see if someone massively overreacts.  Yes, you got scum yesterday, but I don't see how this a defence, especially when we have an Exterminator.

UnvotePandarsenic.  The bit at the end is almost hilariously hypocritical.  You criticise me for making a mild attack while making... an extremely mild attack.  And if I've only made one post against you, how can I have poked and retreated?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »

You said I'm being useless and OMGUSing.

The initial part is a refutation of useless.

The second part addresses you using a scumtell with very specific applications to go "you're looking increasingly scummy, so if I need to lynch you later I can point back at this. I'm so clever!"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »

I voted him because he looked suspicious.  Now I am voting Forsaken1111 because I thought he had been caught in a bold-faced lie, which is higher on the "scumminess" list than "I think he's the exterminator."

Why do I care about the exterminator?  Because he's trying to kill townies.  What do I do to people trying to kill townies?  I vote them and try to smoke them out of their little hidey-holes.  I don't want to screw around with the exterminator at lylo, I want to find him and kill him as soon as I can.  You may also note that I've also been talking about dopps, so it's not like I've been going "OMG, let's kill the exterminator and ignore the dopp threat!"

Well, anyway.  If you've got any questions to ask, ask them.  For now... I have a headache and I need to go study, so I guess I'll go do that.

So you vote people you find suspicious, but you unvote them when you can't build a case against them? I dunno, Vector, that seems pretty inconsistent to me.

Then there's what you're doing with forsaken1111. You pulled out Lynch All Liars on him, over a post edit. That seems a bit excessive. Also, you've justified your vote partly because him being a dick is apparently a scum tell, at least to you. Are you sure you don't have an axe to grind with him? You referenced his behavior, against you in part, as one of your reasons you voted for him.

I see you using some common scum tricks. Dropping the hammer on people hard for minor scum tells is pretty scummy, and invoking policy lynches for the same minor scum tells is pretty scummy, too. Then there's you flat out abandoning your attack on Pandarsenic, just to go after a guy who may or may not have made a post edit.

Players
  • Darkness3313-- Replaced Kashyyk

Hey, who's this dude and why hasn't he said anything yet?

Darkness3313, typically when you replace somebody it's polite to actually play the game you're entering.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 24, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »

Look: I think Janus is town.  Therefore I thought Forsaken must be lying.  I don't hold long-term grudges, but I remember that as a piece of meta (kind of like "Webadict tends to be a real dick when he plays town").  I dropped Pandarsenic because I only have one vote to use on people who I think are scum.

I can and will build a case on Pandarsenic.  I'm not doing that right now because there's some rather more important RL issues going on right now, so I'm mostly taking things as they come, rather than engaging in such a time- and labor-intensive process.  I'm lazy.  Shoot me.

I will also note that I have invoked no policy lynches whatsoever, since the main body of my reasoning amounts to "If Forsaken edited his post and then felt the need to lie about it, then that constitutes an overreaction.  Overreactions are scummy."  Furthermore, it seems as though you have never heard of pressure voting--or is that scummy now?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »

I can and will build a case on Pandarsenic.  I'm not doing that right now because there's some rather more important RL issues going on right now, so I'm mostly taking things as they come, rather than engaging in such a time- and labor-intensive process.  I'm lazy.  Shoot me.

We'll wait. Unless we lynch you. :3 I still think your general actions are and have been scummy though, for the same reasons as I last named, thus my continued vote.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #597 on: April 24, 2010, 11:22:46 pm »

Unvote Jokerman-EXE. He may still be scum, but newbie scum is easily dealt with. Vector is most suspicious right now.

Jim I'd like this explained. You say clearly that Jokerman is scum, yet you unvote him because you suspect vector.

I want to make sure I understand. You are unvoting someone you KNOW to be scum to vote someone you SUSPECT to be scum. Is that correct?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #598 on: April 24, 2010, 11:23:17 pm »

Another question on that Jim, did you realize you were creating a tie situation?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2010, 11:43:02 pm »

We'll wait. Unless we lynch you. :3 I still think your general actions are and have been scummy though, for the same reasons as I last named, thus my continued vote.

No problem.  Sorry for keeping you waiting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58