Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 92827 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 3 is a bit crispy and bullet-ridden
« Reply #675 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:49 am »

Alright, Darkness today and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #676 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:55 am »

Jim. Janus.
Jim. Janus. Jim. Janus.

Janus.

Um.  What?  They both have a J?  That's it?  Sigh...

Could be a Dopp Leader.

Also, In Theory!, you might have investigated to look for a kook to accuse and "clear" yourself. Of course, idle speculation doesn't get us much but you and Vector aren't quite clear yet.

And I thought I was paranoid.  It's possible, but I *hope* we don't have to worry about that.

Could be a Dopp Leader.

Also, In Theory!, you might have investigated to look for a kook to accuse and "clear" yourself. Of course, idle speculation doesn't get us much but you and Vector aren't quite clear yet.
I still think its Vek.

Even through Forsaken says she's human?  There's only two possibilities that would lead to Vector being scum: She's a dopp leader (possible) or Forsaken is lying (lying about a dopp result on the last dopp would be *really* *really* stupid).

I might propose, for the sake of debate, a no-lynch to test this statement, followed by Forsaken "scanning" another target tonight. If we have no Dopple-snacking in the night and a legitimate scan, or if we have a dopple-kill, and Forsaken reports a claim that his target refutes, then it's plausible that Forsaken is a doppleganger. Otherwise, there's reason to believe he's clean, and we get another scan out of him. In this event, one would expect the remaining Doppleganger to kill him, since he's helping the town.

At 7 players, doesn't it make more sense to lynch someone so we don't end with an even number of players?  I agree that lynching Forsaken is a bad plan at this point, but could we lynch someone (*cough* Darkness3313 *cough*) else?

In most games, it *might* make sense to lynch Forsaken and move the game along, but in Paranormal we have a lot of power roles about.  Every night gives us a decent amount more information to deal with.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 29, 2010, 01:30:10 pm »

The Whiteboard
Darkness3313: forsaken1111, JanusTwoface, Pandarsenic, Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 29, 2010, 02:02:32 pm »

Though I think we just have a case of lurky laziness with Mr. Darkness, and our nights have been relatively short... doesn't seem to match up.

Meta aside, it's a lurker lynch, which I can get behind. Before I can hope aboard the Lynchburg Express, though, I need to do some snooping. BRB, ladies and/or gents.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 29, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »

Meh. Needs a prod, Dark does.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 29, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »

Snooping session concluded. Org it is.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 29, 2010, 10:05:53 pm »

Care to give the rest of us any sort of explanation?  I mean, if he's the scum, then it'd be nice to know why you "know" this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 29, 2010, 10:32:20 pm »

JanusTwoFace gets a glazed expression on his face. "Yeah...let's just lynch Org. That sounds great...."
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 29, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

o_o;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #684 on: April 29, 2010, 11:05:28 pm »

Huh.  Ok, I was wrong...

I was Mind Controlled last night and redirected to target Vector.  Upon waking this morning and seeing the carnage, I thought that it must have been ToonyMan (he still had a medium slot unaccounted for) and I asked if a Mind Control Ray worked from beyond the grave.  Turns out it doesn't, so I thought it didn't matter anymore. 

But it wasn't Toony, so that means that we either have a Cutting Edge Scientist or another Alien (not an operative, they don't get tech) who decided to mess with me.  For today at least, whoever this mysterious person is controls my vote.  >:

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 29, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »

Dance, puppet, dance!

Care to give the rest of us any sort of explanation?  I mean, if he's the scum, then it'd be nice to know why you "know" this.
I fully intend to... I needed to wait for that last bit to work, though. As you can see, Janus is under my control... I am the Mad Scientist, and you have born witness to my Mind Control Ray! Marvel at it! MuahaHahaha! Aha! Ha!

Now, to unveil my scheme. The players, as I know them:

* Solifuge - Cutting-Edge Scientist, and self.
* Darkness3313 - Not a likely Dopple due to brevity of the night phase. Also utterly inactive in the face of an impending lynch, which is nonsense for the last remaining Doppleganger.
* JanusTwoface - Mind-Controlled, and not a Doppleganger, as he used a Psychic Warden ability on Vector last night rather than a night-kill. Also did not lie about his target, while not knowing that I was the one who picked his target.
* forsaken1111 - Agent, with positive testimony to back him up. Not 100%, but a fair bet at Town, considering his reasonable suspicion, scum-hunting, and pro-town behavior.

This leaves:
* Vector - According to her own testimony, was roleblocked last night at the behest of my temporary subject, Janus.
* Org - Being extra Org-ish. Forgetting blatant and simple details, and making a point of announcing his ignorance to everyone. Strikes me as trying too hard to play "poorly".
* Pandarsenic - Reasonably suspicious of things, specifically Forsaken's Agenthood. Lurky and passively aggressive, though.

Of the three, my best bet resides with Org at present. With a lynch, a Psychic Block, we have 2/3 chances to hit scum today and tonight, and still get another day if we mess up.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:37 pm »

Are we going to massclaim?

Forsaken is highly unlikely to be a Dopp (not certain but unlikely). Vector, Soli, and Janus are all unable to have performed the kill.

okay, hold up.

Rereading the flavor suggested that Jim was killed by a VIGILANTE, not a Doppelganger. Was he?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #687 on: April 29, 2010, 11:37:17 pm »

Rereading the flavor suggested that Jim was killed by a VIGILANTE, not a Doppelganger. Was he?

The bullet is odd, but I think that particular flavor is from Leafsnail being a War Vet.  The body was dragged off, which isn't something I'd expect a Vigilante to do.  I still think Leafsnail killed Jim and Toony killed Leafsnail (and was killed as well in turn).

I think I'm in favor of a mass claim, but I want to check something with Solifuge first.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:57 pm »

I assume that the Trifecta of Death yesterday was due to:

Toony (Alien Exterminator) targeting Leafsnail (Dopple War Vet), Leafsnail Dopple-killing Jim (Enchanter), and then Leafsnail's counter-kill proc'd on Toony's extermination. Enchanters don't target players, so they can't be counter-killed by a War Vet.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #689 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:13 pm »

Huh.  That looks oddly like what I posted just after the the day started and again just before yours. :P (/sarcasm)

I should have been asleep an hour ago :(  Curse you suddenly interesting mafia games!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58