Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 83847 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Now has a wiki--
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2010, 05:07:20 am »

Creature are oftenly made of multiple layers of tissue, looking at the iron man will give you a close example. They have iron with a thickness of 1, and gas in some much larget thickness.

Note that larger creatures with a connective metal tissue become rediculously diffucult to kill.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2010, 01:29:46 pm »

Heh, thanks Deon. ;)

A lot of what I say when it comes to creatures is guess work. So yeah, I'll try, but don't take my answers as the correct answer.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:37 pm »

Shaostoul, I want to add a creature that has larger than average teeth and nails. I know I need to use the RELSIZE Deal, but I'm not sure whether to use BY_CATEGORY, or TOKEN, or what. Do you have any idea?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2010, 07:20:16 pm »

I'm not sure. I looked through the raws real quick. Nothing seemed to have the RELSIZE dealio going on. I'll keep looking, but so far I don't seem to know.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »

bump

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2010, 05:44:07 am »

So frogmen still can't have frogmen tadpoles? Hm.
And we've actually moved backwards on the "using animal parts in reactions" front (now no bone).
I know we can put stuff in barrels, can we use stuff in barrels in reactions now?

Also, the food stockpiles still have a spot for "animal drinks". Is there a way to make all the animal BLOOD we keep getting traded qualify as this animal booze? Would it be a token to add in the "blood material" or would it require altering every animal we want to have useful blood?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2010, 06:24:06 am »

Dwarves have relsize (guess for what). You can use that tag with by_category, but probably also with by_type and by_token.

Frogmen should be able to reproduce, calling their children tadpoles. Not sure if they actualy do that ingame though.
Best we can do with the shell and bone thing is probabaly making a fake bone/shell material, or putting shells on animals and butchering those.
Reactions cant use anything but lye from containers.

And as for drinking blood, put edible_raw (or something) in the blood template and maybe itll work ;p
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2010, 06:27:42 am »

Dwarves have relsize (guess for what). You can use that tag with by_category, but probably also with by_type and by_token.

Frogmen should be able to reproduce, calling their children tadpoles

But if frogmen can walk on land, so can the tadpoles. This makes them not tadpoles.

Best we can do with the shell and bone thing is probabaly making a fake bone/shell material, or putting shells on animals and butchering those.

My point was that last release I could make bone blocks, bone coins, and bone furniture. This release... nada.

Reactions cant use anything but lye from containers.

Dang. That means no custom kitchen reactions for "blood pudding".

And as for drinking blood, put edible_raw (or something) in the blood template and maybe itll work ;p

I'll have to check that out. thanks. Doubt that will make it a drink, but it may make it cookable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:30:31 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:17 am »

see this thread for some stuff on bone blocks. It should work.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57760.0

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2010, 02:07:40 pm »

Yeah, it seems we went a little backward in reactions, but that's cheating anyways ;P We did make a lot of progress in the general field of it though. Custom workshops being number one.

The new release is still being caught up to where 40d was. So you give it a bit of time and everything should be back to normal.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2010, 02:08:27 pm »

see this thread for some stuff on bone blocks. It should work.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57760.0

Your list of reactions there never said whether you'd tested them and had success. None of the ones from there that I tried worked, though I might not have been methodical enough about it.

Shaostoul: Hehe. "cheating"? I just want to mod in things like bone coins, and bone blocks to build bone castles out of. Not a even looking for a "gimme bones" reaction. And if some odd bug that lets dogs eat your masterwork bone scepter shows up, all the better!

I know we'll get back to normal eventually. After all, with bone reactions, they're already being done, we just don't know how! Dwarves do it, Umies do it. In the Crafting workshop.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:11:45 pm by Flaede »
[/quote]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:27 pm »

Yeah, but they are using bones as a reagent. Which I believe is entirely possible. The product is the difficult part.

If you want to make stuff out of bones, you could make a stone that doesn't show up any where and is named various bones or something and pretend. But we'll know it's not really bones. ;P

Anything beyond vanilla workings I consider cheating unless you balance it out fairly some how. IE requiring bones to build said block or w/e.

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:41 pm »

Ok, Hey y'all in the Forums this is my 2nd post and I have some questions
1) How can I, or is it even possible, to make my dwarves(dwarfs?) never dies from falling a 100z level fall? I already have Adamantine skin and bones,& have set my healing rates all to 1(should it be 1 or 0?). Here are my dwarves(dwarfs?)

It's a bit lengthy. (sorry)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) I've removed all the drink, breathe ,etc tokens but my dwarves still go slower after going a year without alcohol  (I also removed the alcohol dependent tag) what can i do?

3) how can i increase the mating cycle in my animal (or dwarves?)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »

Yeah, but they are using bones as a reagent. Which I believe is entirely possible. The product is the difficult part.

If you want to make stuff out of bones, you could make a stone that doesn't show up any where and is named various bones or something and pretend. But we'll know it's not really bones. ;P

Anything beyond vanilla workings I consider cheating unless you balance it out fairly some how. IE requiring bones to build said block or w/e.

Oh, of course! Don't use gimmie reactions. I never figured out a good reagent to make "mud blocks" in the last version, so I didn't use it. even though BRICKS would've been awesome. (I don't suppose MUD blocks are do-able in this version either?)
[/quote]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

Actual mud... no... again make a stone that shows up no where and pretend...

@ToaHero92
1-I believe that you can NOT make them that invincible.
2-Did you edit the raws before or after editing the dwarf entry?
3-How often it happens? I'm not too sure. You can make them have large litters though.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29