Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602169 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1995 on: July 15, 2011, 08:46:28 pm »

yeah, I use img.is all the time. (Link in my sig.)

you can make an account, but it's not strictly necessary.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 16, 2011, 01:15:10 am »

img.ie works as well.

So does Imageshack.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:58 am »

plenty of choices, there are.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 16, 2011, 01:57:53 am »

img.ie works as well.

So does Imageshack.

Nope, Imageshack has half the world IP-banned.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 16, 2011, 01:59:42 am »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:20:14 am by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 16, 2011, 02:19:37 am »

I dunno, but anywhere outside of europe of USA, you try vieweing an imageshack image, you just see a frog in an icecube.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 16, 2011, 02:20:26 am »

I dunno, but anywhere outside of europe of USA, you try vieweing an imageshack image, you just see a frog in an icecube.

Wow.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 16, 2011, 02:24:28 am »

actually, correction.

They don't do that anymore, but for a long time they did.

It's the kind of thing that's really noticable when it's there, but you don't notice when it's gone.

carry on, carry on.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 16, 2011, 04:39:40 am »

Kinda hate to point this out, but I simply must:
...europe of USA...
What news is this? Since when does Europe belong to USA?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 16, 2011, 04:43:12 am »

*Europe or Usa.

Just a typo, give him a rest :P Besides, imageshack now doesn't allow directlinking and gives pop-ups when you try to cheat. I switched to imgur - 5 seconds and I has the image I want hosted~~
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 16, 2011, 06:25:05 am »

I can't see any imageshack image here in China.  :(

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 16, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »

I'd suggest a torch for anything but an elf.. not sure what they use for light instead.

Not only will they use a torch, but sometimes the torch is distinguished.

Anyway, wow.  I was away for awhile and I came back to awesome stuff.  You know, the combination of scratchy mouse work and a black-and-white palette makes it look a little like a graphite drawing.  It's very nice.

And to Amala, I recommend finding your center.  Also, finding your boots.  (They're right there!  On the ground!  Don them!)

--Rexfelum

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 18, 2011, 02:26:22 am »

Encroaching darkness.

The air begins to chill as the leading elements of the lightless void swirl around me. The dread which had been looming in my heart gives way to other emotions.
Anger.
Defiance.

I don't care if this thing is an all-consuming darkness, or a pack of ethereal shadow-elephants. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING interrupts my peaceful alone time.

I'm not sure where my anger comes from, but I'm ready to unleash fists of fury upon the darkness, but the darkness responds in force. I am consumed by the twisting shadow. The buzz of whispering voices it brings begin to grow in number, and they grow agitated. A great pressure builds up in my head and very quickly turns into a sharp stabbing pain, as though something has just driven a knife into my skull. The pain is so intense, it threatens to overwhelm all other senses. My skin crawls, my vision blurs, and my ears ring as whispers turn to piercing cries of anger.

Something grabs my shoulder and I feel an icy breath against my ear. A voice, raspy and mocking, speaks out with some clarity over the piercing wails, "Oh how it pleases me to see the great Ranger captain in such a helpless state. Tch. I'm sorry, does your pretty little head hurt? Here, let me fix that for you." The distinct sound of a metal blade being drawn drowns out all other noise and my body braces itself for an incoming strike.

It never comes. All noise has ceased, the pain has left me, and warmth begins to return to my body, yet I still feel the firm grip of someone's hand on my shoulder. I slowly open my eyes and see that I am no longer in the darkness. A familiar face peers at me, unblinking.

"Cipone!" I blurt out in surprise, "What are you doing?" His paws work at smoothing out my cloak and I can't help but think he was trying to give me a back massage while I was enwrapped in the darkness. I shudder at the thought. Creepy.

"Your hair smells good, Uhh! I mean, No! I haven't been smelling your hair while you were incapacitated by an all-consuming darkness, No! No! No! Where did you ever get such an idea?! I was just - Uhh! I mean, I saw you in a trance and I thought I would try to arouse you - Uhh!- I mean rouse you! You know, snap you out of it!"

He must have sensed my growing anger, because he quickly turned my attention to an old forest trail and waved a hand in some grand gesture, "Behold! The crossroads of your mind!"

"Behold what?" I noted, even though I'm pretty sure I just insulted myself, "There's not much to see, really."

"What?" Cipone exclaimed, "Uhh... That's not right. Where's the giant tapestry I wove in your image using nothing but strands of hair stolen from your brush? Uhh! No! I mean, there should be lots of things! Your breath is supposed to be taken away at the sights and sounds of your life experiences! Uhh! Wait! This is one of those spiritual journies where you need to travel to the four corners of your mind to recover lost memories! You need to find yourself to save yourself"

I shot him a frigid glance, "So, I am trapped within my own dream? Where do I start? The signs have nothing written on them and they only point in three directions, not four."

"It's your mind, Amala, not mine. Just think really hard about something and see where it takes you." Cipone replied, "Or you could just stay here with me with your soft, baby smooth skin. I won't mind. Really, I won't."

I think I would rather be consumed by the darkness and wallow in my own pain than spend any more time with Cipone. I had better try conjuring some old memories, and quick, he's starting to give me that creepy stare again.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 18, 2011, 02:39:42 am »

Oh, the tablet came in, but I decided to continue with the side story to shake some of the rust off. We can stay in the dreamworld if people want to create a backstory to Amala (Seeing as she's pretty much the main character) and to learn a bit more about Amanereli or the other characters that were skipped (Here's looking at you people wishing to see more of the Princess). Otherwise, just find a way to wake Amala quickly and we can get back to the caravan.

Either is fine by me.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 18, 2011, 02:46:21 am »

Hell yeah! More story. Definitely continue on with the side story. Can't wait to learn more about Amala and the rest of the Amanereli elves.
I've changed my opinion about the fox though. He doesn't even mean good. Just way creepy!
Anyways. Follow the sign that points to the tree and the barrel. (Perhaps it has some strawberry wine in it? It would relate to the story and perhaps help us get back on the track of the main story. Also because the other two signs just point to where you came from. On the other hand, it could also be the tree, we're after. Relating to the trees back at the forest retreat. Either is fine.)
Also. Glad you got your tablet back. Perhaps you can gradually go into color, as we get closer to exiting the dream? Though I'm not sure if it's the easiest choice for you. Understanding that you did those colored pictures with your tablet, and you didn't have your tablet for these grayscale pics...
Wasn't refreshing every 15 min, waiting for that next bit of story to come, so I could be the 1st to reply... ».» «.«
And... (Just keep coming up with new stuff to say.) I told you to not go in the darkness. Not only did you feel pain, and negative emotions, that creepy fox sniffed your hair. I mean... That's gotta be bad, right?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:03:04 am by ottottott »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 185