Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602849 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2370 on: December 13, 2011, 02:01:23 pm »

Its a sluggish thing. Not dead until DarkerDark says it is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: December 13, 2011, 02:16:12 pm »

Heh, I think Dada might very well be a necromancer. That nickname just reminded me of the dada art movement, basically lady gaga's cousin - the purpose of the art was to not make sense and offend.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 13, 2011, 03:06:12 pm »

It's not dead yet.

It might be sick, but it isn't dead.

If we post here, the sickness may go away.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 13, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

Since you guys won't let this die!

------

A dreamworld.

My dreamworld. Or are these just fragments of old memories? It's all so terribly confusing, I just want to go back to laying in the grass and not be bothered by anything ever again. But with that creepy animal man lurking about, I had best move on.

These trees are familiar. Yes. I've been here before. The fog is beginning to lift around my mind's eye and images are coming to the forefront. Memories of people I once knew. Cipone can sense it too and he urges me to dig deeper.

I don't think he's helping. He must know the look I gave him because he immediately backs off and starts stammering nervously, "Oh no! Oh no no no! You're starting to think horrible thoughts! Oh, Amala! You're going to bring back terrible memories if you're not careful!"

"How do you know what I'm thinking?" I scoffed

"Oh! Because! I like to watch you! Uhh! I mean, I've seen that look in your eyes before! Oh! It's going to happen again!" He whined, still backing away, "Please don't think about it! I don't want to live through it again! Please don't kill me!"

I may have been annoyed at his comments, but surely I wouldn't have gone so far as to bring harm to Cipone. After all, I'm just a simple elf of the forest, violence isn't in my nature. Or is it? Part of me remains unsure, so inevitably the question comes to pass, "Why would I want kill you?"

Fog creeps in around us, and to my amazement, Cipone begins to unravel before my very eyes. It comes as no big surprise, really, I am dreaming after all, but what surprises me are his final parting words, "Because, You already have."

Those words echo throughout my mind as the fog consumes me.

The fog lifts in an instant and I find myself clad in the armor of Amanereli's veteran warriors. The atmosphere carries a mixture of scents pleasing to the nose. I think I'm in a tree, perhaps the same tree I had glanced upon with Cipone? I can't be sure, but I know that the elf standing next to me is also a warrior of great renown, Ale, I believe his name was. He gestures towards the elves in the center of the room and speaks through gritted teeth, "Amala Nightglimmer, meet the Queen's only daughter and most loved elf in all of Eyoaslef, Princess Ima."

The three elves turned our way and their faces lit up with delight, "Oh! Amala! I'm so glad you could make it! We were just in the middle of a game of Truth or Dare and we could always use another player to make things more interesting!"

One of the elves leaned in towards the princess and whispered, "Ooh, now that Ale is here, we could play spin the bottle instead!"  The three of them began to giggle and tease one another. I could tell by the way they carried themselves that they had drunk their fair share of Strawberry wine.

I quirked a brow, and gestured towards the three inebriated elves, "This is our Princess? The one who leads our warriors into battle?"

Ale nodded, "Aye, the very same. Though she doesn't do much leading. Too young, you see. This is why she's called upon you, Amala, to bestow you with the official title of Ranger Captain." He paused for a moment to take a few more puffs from his pipe, "Of course, she'll insist you go through the proper initiation first."

Initiation. Great. I wonder what she has in store for me?

----------------------

Meanwhile, the band of elite bowelves return from their skirmish singing songs of victory.

"It's done," Boasted the leading bowelf, "The foul frogmen of the marsh have been dispatched and Nightglimmer is back in our hands."

"Yeah, I saw the exchange from here." Valo replied, unimpressed.

"Please, show a little more spirit like the other elves here, Valo. Though I loathe to take the life of a living creature, even one which wriggles in the muck like a bottomfeeder, We've fought a quick victory with not a scratch to show for it. Surely that calls for praise?"

"I swear, Lefu, the victory's gone to your head. Are you not familiar with the inhabitants of this swamp and their fondness for poisons? Have your bowelves check themselves. Poison has a nasty way of numbing the flesh, letting wounds go undetected."

Valo's concerns are quickly washed away when the bowelves search themselves for wounds, as not a single one is found. The decision to send armored elves against the frogmen was a good one, not a single dart penetrated the Amanereli armor. With a great chorus of cheers and laughter, the elves begin to celebrate their great victory.

Even the rain clears up for a few moments in respect to the ancient elven rituals. Dead frogmen are cleaned and quartered, their meat being prepared for consumption by those who had laid them low. Many of the bowelves use the break in the rain to decorate their bodies with special Amanereli dyes mixed with the blood of their kills. Their hearts are circled in the belief that the ones they consume will pass through it in their journey to the next world. It is said that if there is any malice in the warrior's heart, the recently deceased will one day return as an evil spirit in the form of a bogeyman. So songs are sung by the most musically gifted of the elves to lift the hearts of the others and to bring them into a state of peace.

The ceremonies and celebrations continue into the night until the rain returns the next day. Valo presses them into breaking camp to continue their journey.

As Valo begins to coordinate the loading of the barge, Aleya Feralwhispers, the animal caretaker, approaches with the turtle in her hands. "Valo, we have a very brave individual in our company." She beams a smile, "One whom I'd like to think played a key role in rescuing Amala."

"Yeah, I know... Lefu's a good elf. He's one of Nightglimmer's Rangers, you know."

Aleya blinks, flustered for a moment, "No! I mean the turtle! His name is Emofe-caraca Enoloriraci, and if he hadn't risked himself to distract the frogmen, Lefu never would have been able to shoot down their leader."

"Yeah, I don't know about that, Lefu's a pretty good shot."

"Never the less, I've spoken to Emofe and told him about our journey to the Dwarven mountainhomes. He's interested and wants to join our caravan."

"Well, I suppose we can fit him in with the marmots."

"No!" Aleya cooed, "I mean, he wants to join as an honorary member of Amanereli, not as a pet for trade. He's certainly proven his bravery already."

"I don't know, I don't want to be the one responsible if anything happens to the little guy."

"Oh! Don't worry, Valo! He's fully aware of the risks! And he has his shell to protect him if we run into more trouble with the frogmen! He could be our very own champion from the swamps! He really wants to help, Valo!"

"I'm sorry Aleya, but I really don't have time for this, I have to figure out how to fit three elephants, a Titan of old, almost four dozen elves and a herd of mules into two little rafts. I have a dozen tasks to attend to before we set off,  Amala's unconsciouss, and to top things off, she's still missing her hat. If Emofe really wants to be helpful, then perhaps he could offer a solution to one of my problems?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 13, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »

Well.. Nice to see an update!
However.. I am currently out of.. suggestions..
So you won't be hearing anything from me quite yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: December 13, 2011, 03:47:51 pm »

Send the turtle to find the hat. If he can't find it, paint it hat colors and use him as the hat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 13, 2011, 03:57:52 pm »

Awesome update
Anyway, in orde to get everyone on the boat: Animal stack
elves
donkeys
elephants
Titan

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2377 on: December 13, 2011, 04:03:11 pm »

You're back!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 13, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »

Make the turtle's shell into a hat that looks like Amala's hat.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 13, 2011, 04:28:49 pm »

Make the turtle's shell into a hat that looks like Amala's hat.

We are NOT going to kill it.
If that's what you are suggesting.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 13, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »

Paint the turtle to commemorate its role in the attack. After that we shall travel down river again! To the Mountainhome!

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 13, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »

I just love that elven pipes...MORE PIPES! Anyway,hmmm

that hat was out of straw right? Make a new one out of reed! Or give her one of the other elves hats.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 13, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »

Give the turtle a hat like hers. Then get someone to make her a new one... :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 13, 2011, 06:35:38 pm »

YAAAAAYYYY!

Dreamala:
Find out what they have in store. Preferably when they're sober.
Elves:
Leave the titan. We are more than screwed if it breaks free, and the dwarves might not appreciate us bringing a megabeast into their fortress.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 13, 2011, 07:14:29 pm »

I quite enjoyed the badass face on the turtle in the last picture. Would you mind if I used it as my avatar?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 185