Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Errors when genning a world.  (Read 583 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Errors when genning a world.
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:06:06 am »

I'm trying to gen a large world (more space, more forts, more fun!), but when I'm at like, year 600, it crashes. I don't remember the name of said error, but its got my *redacted* in a viselike grip that I would love to have released. Any help?

Notes: I play with Baughn's accelerator, a slightly modded copy of the game, some minor fixes and no graphics.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Surray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Errors when genning a world.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:10 am »

Someone said that if there's too many historical events it'll eventually just crash, and said that to reduce the amount of those events you should generate a world with fewer caves and civilizations.

Of course that removes some of the points of generating a large world in the first place, but I don't think there's anything else you can do about it right now.

-edit-
of course you can always just play at an earlier date... people used to play at year ~250 so feel free to reduce the default end year so that world gen just doesn't generate as much stuff and ends before it crashes. 1050 is a bit over the top anyway.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:02:29 am by Surray »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:43 am »

I generally stop my worldgen at 450. Enough history for a nice world, but doesn't have the huge slowdown of 1050.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:41:10 am »

Alright, thanks for the tips.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."