Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391926 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2010, 01:31:40 pm »

@ people building stuffs:
PROTIP: Never mix C++ libraries and binaries built with different compilers/stl implementations. You're only asking for trouble of the explosive kind.
PROTIP: Get MSVC, it makes smaller binaries and the tools you build have a slightly higher chance to work with the libs I release (I'm currently using MSVC 2008 SP1 for Windows builds).

Thank you so much! now i need runesmith to work! Please hurry and get the creature offsets, i need runesmith for my legendary+5 smiths >:3
Shouldn't take such a long time I guess. I can't give any promises tho... I get distracted easily with silly things ;)
edit: we need a tool that lets us place creatures, if you can provide it i will shit myself!
Remotely possible. Wait some time and *maybe* you'll get it. People are working on things that are pre-requisites for this kind of manipulation, but that's still a bit too experimental.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2010, 05:59:52 pm »

See, I don't know /how/ to build the .dll or anything like that. Can someone just give me a link to the dfliquids with range mode that doesn't need another 50* .dlls?

*exaggerating

First I herped, then I derped.

dfhack 5.0.2 has the new dfliquids and it works just fine.

Herp-derp-derp.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:08:13 pm by dragonshardz »

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:21 pm »

Thank you so much! now i need runesmith to work! Please hurry and get the creature offsets, i need runesmith for my legendary+5 smiths >:3
Shouldn't take such a long time I guess. I can't give any promises tho... I get distracted easily with silly things ;)

Well, that sucks :P well, heres hope for a fast finding!

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 09, 2010, 11:30:55 am »

•Support for DF 31.15 and 31.16 on Windows.

Yay, good job :)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 09, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »

Something I would realy love to see: a tool that can kick plant growth back to life after reclaiming.

Currentelly reclaiming not only removes all mud, but also breaks the trees/wild plants growth system. Would love a way to at least get that last one fixed.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 11, 2010, 03:24:56 am »

Is there a command or program that can issue a pause to the game?  I have a bugged world and I'm trying to grind it into usable shape by letting all the magma flow out, but it was so CPU intensive, it stopped processing keyboard events (or flat out crashed), and eventually even redrawing the screen.  It's still crunching numbers, but not doing anything else that I can see. 

As long as it was paused though it would run fine, so I'd like to see if there's a way I can hook into it and just pause it so it stops processing the magma flow and rebuilds the screen.
Current Fort: NatureRags

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:52 am »

Something I would realy love to see: a tool that can kick plant growth back to life after reclaiming.

Currentelly reclaiming not only removes all mud, but also breaks the trees/wild plants growth system. Would love a way to at least get that last one fixed.

I've reclaimed a few times in 31.16 and while the mud is still gone, underground plants do start growing on your soil tiles that are "subterranean/dark".  Not every soil layer will work that way though, that's not a new thing.  I'm not sure which soil types work and which don't.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:09 pm »

Hey, the name offsets don't appear to be working. (Unless you changed how names are handled in which case I'm surprised Runesmith compiled)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 11, 2010, 03:01:21 pm »

Is there a command or program that can issue a pause to the game?  I have a bugged world and I'm trying to grind it into usable shape by letting all the magma flow out, but it was so CPU intensive, it stopped processing keyboard events (or flat out crashed), and eventually even redrawing the screen.  It's still crunching numbers, but not doing anything else that I can see. 

As long as it was paused though it would run fine, so I'd like to see if there's a way I can hook into it and just pause it so it stops processing the magma flow and rebuilds the screen.

Try using dfsuspend, and use DFinit to set your game to pause after loading a savegame.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #444 on: October 11, 2010, 05:46:07 pm »

Try using dfsuspend, and use DFinit to set your game to pause after loading a savegame.
Hmm... nope. That's not how it works. Actually, reveal should work for making the game actually pause. The pause offset is known and this is the only place it's used...
Note that this can lead to even more !!FUN!! with one 'tick' taking so long.
dfsuspend just stops the process from executing at the OS level, which is useless in this case, because you can't interact with it normally when it's suspended.

Hey, the name offsets don't appear to be working. (Unless you changed how names are handled in which case I'm surprised Runesmith compiled)
The string layout changed, you need to recompile everything. Reading is OK AFAIK. I haven't tested any kind of writing tho.

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 11, 2010, 06:23:31 pm »

I completely missed that utility.  Thanks for pointing it out!

I've tried running Reveal on it, but it ends up crashing because of corrupt data I'm assuming (It is a bugged world gen after all).  Can I use it just to pause and kill it before it reveals?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 11, 2010, 07:14:40 pm »

The string layout changed, you need to recompile everything. Reading is OK AFAIK. I haven't tested any kind of writing tho.

Ok well it appears reading was working, but creature.name.has_name always seems to be false so it wasn't trying to process them. Any ideas?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 11, 2010, 07:36:17 pm »

Hmm... nope. That's not how it works. Actually, reveal should work for making the game actually pause. The pause offset is known and this is the only place it's used...
Note that this can lead to even more !!FUN!! with one 'tick' taking so long.
dfsuspend just stops the process from executing at the OS level, which is useless in this case, because you can't interact with it normally when it's suspended.

Awesome, dfreveal both didn't crash it and issued the pause!  Thanks for your help.

Now I just need to make something to just pause it and not try the reveal... I got incredibly lucky that reveal didn't actually do anything beyond the pause.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:01:33 pm by LealNightrunner »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:31 pm »

I'm trying to add some code to dfliquids to make water-source tiles, and followed the instructions in compiling.htm for compiling dfhack with cmake and mingw, but every time I try to run cmake it throws a bunch of errors saying it can't find libgimp-10.dll.  The dll is in mingw\bin, and I tried it with the path variable set to mingw\ and mingw\bin, and get the same result.  Everything it says it can't find is there but it isn't finding it for some reason.

I'm not very experienced with compiling source code in C.  Closest I've come to it before is compiling UnrealScript, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should have already known that wasn't in the compiling instructions.

Working on Windows Vista 32 bit.  UAC is turned on.

Cmake.exe is installed to C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin and the Mingw exes and dlls live in C:\MinGW\bin.  The build folder is <user>\Desktop\DFhack modding\peterix-dfhack-d4b8b8d\build.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2010, 03:37:51 pm »

...Working on Windows Vista 32 bit.  UAC is turned on...

This ismore along the lines of general advice than compiling advice: TURN UAC OFF.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 108