Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391916 times)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #465 on: October 14, 2010, 03:15:07 pm »

Tweak will only work for 40d.

Hence the "updated XML files" part. You may also need to rename the DF executable to dwarfort.exe for Tweak to recognize it.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

kasker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 15, 2010, 01:35:22 am »

My guess is they were designated to be used in a building, and cleartask doesn't clear those properties, at least I've had issues like that before where I have to deconstruct the buildings in progress and redesignate them to be built.

Hmm, well I had canceled all 'suspended' buildings and tried placing each one at a time but with no difference. Some stones seem invisible to the dwarves. The fort was reclaimed over a year ago, didn't realize the proper use of cleartask lol. Oh well.

twalberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2010, 10:54:37 am »

Initial stab at 0.31.16 linux offsets - probably incomplete, but this gets reveal, cleanmap and vdig working for me with 0.5.0.2:
Code: [Select]
    <Version name="v0.31.16 linux" os="linux" base="v0.31.14 linux" rebase="0x1b40">
        <MD5 value="9cca2fa5da509e2f9a1042ddd1f9669c" />
        <Offsets>
            <Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz" value="0x8b33550 0x8b311f8" />
                <Address name="screen_tiles_pointer" invalid = "true" />
            </Group>
        </Offsets>
    </Version>
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:58:28 am by twalberg »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2010, 04:21:08 pm »

Tweak will only work for 40d.

Hence the "updated XML files" part. You may also need to rename the DF executable to dwarfort.exe for Tweak to recognize it.

...wow, had no idea that was possible.  What would I need to do to get the Adjust Start module to work?  I'm happy to search for the offset or address myself, but I don't know how to.  Can you point me in the right direction?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

mrkamikaze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 16, 2010, 02:27:56 pm »

Okay, here's how to fix it:

In memory.xml:
            <Group name="Items">
                <Address name="items_vector" value="0x16580d8" />
            </Group>

In cleartask.cpp
replace

p->getDescriptor()->getAddress ("items_vector");

with

p->getDescriptor()->getGroup("Items")->getAddress ("items_vector");

I am having the same issue

"Running cleartask 0.5.0.2 on DF 31.16
"missing offset for the item vector, exiting :(""

I don't know the first thing about using a compiler.  Can some upload the fixed files for cleartask?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »

What would I need to do to get the Adjust Start module to work?  I'm happy to search for the offset or address myself, but I don't know how to.  Can you point me in the right direction?

I use Cheat Engine to search for offsets; there are some basic tutorials in the help files, though they're probably not especially helpful in finding constants like starting_dwarf_count. :-\
Embark points can be set during world gen now, so starting_point_count should be easier to find; maybe the dwarf count is still in the same/similar position relative to that (was +0xE7F bytes in 40d)?
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Uristisdying

• Bay Watcher
  • [WOTCHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2010, 05:43:14 pm »

Sorry for the delay, had to replace my keyboard (!beer! + *keyboard* =  :-[). Thank you for your replies; the "Tweak" solution worked.
Never trust a grinning dwarf. It is always planning something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:27 am »

You poured flaming beer on your keyboard!?

Awesome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sudius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:01 pm »

In cleartask.cpp
replace

p->getDescriptor()->getAddress ("items_vector");

with

p->getDescriptor()->getGroup("Items")->getAddress ("items_vector");

Hi Quietust,

Complete compiler noob here, but I am running into SERIOUS issues with items stuck on the ground that no one will touch.  I had to reclaim my wood city after a nasty ambush and zillions of things are strewn about.

After cleaning up the mess, I am having trouble with many objects that have had their job "stuck".

Could you either A) Recommended a free, fast editor so that I can edit this line myself, or B) Just simply upload yours somewhere for the community to use? (assuming yours is fixed for .16).

Thanks! :)

rmunn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 21, 2010, 05:47:34 am »

FYI: the latest version of Ubuntu Linux, Ubuntu 10.10 ("Maverick Meerkat") has just been released. By default, it turns OFF the ability of programs to access each others' memory. This will, of course, cause problems for DFHack and other related utilities (like Stonesense, Dwarf Therapist, ...) This is fixable by changing an obscure system configuration value; the "Fixing problems with Maverick" thread has the details. I suggest updating the OP with a link to that thread for the next few weeks, because people running Ubuntu Linux will be upgrading soon and when they do, they'll need to be able to find the thread.
Meet the seven year-old girl Lokum Ishemavuz. Her hobbies include taking care of her pet vulture, playing in graveyards, and killing people before they have a chance to scream.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #475 on: October 21, 2010, 08:44:07 am »

Could you either A) Recommended a free, fast editor so that I can edit this line myself, or B) Just simply upload yours somewhere for the community to use? (assuming yours is fixed for .16).

What you need is a compiler, not an editor. MingW would probably be the best option - I'd upload my own fixed build, but I use Visual C++ Express 2010 which is completely incompatible with the existing dfhack.dll.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:09 pm »

I'm trying to add some code to dfliquids to make water-source tiles, and followed the instructions in compiling.htm for compiling dfhack with cmake and mingw, but every time I try to run cmake it throws a bunch of errors saying it can't find libgimp-10.dll.  The dll is in mingw\bin, and I tried it with the path variable set to mingw\ and mingw\bin, and get the same result.  Everything it says it can't find is there but it isn't finding it for some reason.

I'm not very experienced with compiling source code in C.  Closest I've come to it before is compiling UnrealScript, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should have already known that wasn't in the compiling instructions.

Working on Windows Vista 32 bit.  UAC is turned on.

Cmake.exe is installed to C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin and the Mingw exes and dlls live in C:\MinGW\bin.  The build folder is <user>\Desktop\DFhack modding\peterix-dfhack-d4b8b8d\build.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do once I have cmake and minggw installed to get this thing to compile?  I've followed the compile.html as closely as I can and in all permutations I could think of.  I continue to get this error.  What am I missing?

Using mingw
You also need a compiler. I build dfhack using mingw. You can get it from the mingw site: http://www.mingw.org/

Get the automated installer, it will download newest version of mingw and set things up nicely.

You'll have to add C:\MinGW\ to your PATH variable.

Building
open up cmd and navigate to the dfhack\build folder, run cmake and the mingw version of make:

cd build
cmake .. -G"MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
mingw32-make

What is the minGW version of make?  Do these have to be run through cmd.exe or can they be run through the gui?  Is there anything in the build folder that I need to change before compiling?  Are the above commands meant to be entered verbatim+program/file paths, or are there placeholders in there that I would know not to type if I had done this before?

And if these questions are too N00b for you, where do I go to de-N00b?  I'm perfectly willing to do my own homework (taught myself how to mod and make levels for UT 2004)but I don't know where to start.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:47:53 pm by Makbeth »
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2010, 01:57:44 pm »

Did I even install minGW and Cmake to the right place?   Are they supposed to be installed in the DFhack folder?

So ".." means parent directory.  If I understand it right, that just tells cmake to look in the parent directory of the dfhack\build folder, which is \dfhack (Captain Obvious, I know, but just so I'm not leaving anything out).  But is that right?  Shouldn't it go to the source folder or the build folder instead? 

But all of this looks like it's unrelated to Cmake not finding that .dll.  Still can't get it to look in the minGW\bin folder for it.  How do I do that?  It seems that setting the path variable to C:\minGW or C:\minGW\bin isn't enough.  Is that not the path variable's job or is there something I need to "connect" the path variable to in order for it to work?  Am I even creating the path variable in the wrong way?  All the compile document said was "You'll have to add C:\MinGW\ to your PATH variable.".  It didn't say how.  The way I went about it was to open the Cmake gui and create an entry of the type "PATH" and put either C:\MinGW or C:\MinGW\bin in the "value" field.  I'm not sure that's what the document meant but it's impossible to know for sure from the information I have.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:14:05 pm by Makbeth »

Sudius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 21, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »

Yea I got MinGW, had no idea where to go from there, and decided to forego trying to fix DFClearTask and opted to continue channeling out items into my basement.  I won't pester anyone else, and instead be patient and wait for it to be updated and released to the public. :)

Thanks for the help regardless. :)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2010, 02:37:52 pm »

Did I even install minGW and Cmake to the right place?   Are they supposed to be installed in the DFhack folder?
No. Definitely not. But hopefully it won't break anything...
So ".." means parent directory.  If I understand it right, that just tells cmake to look in the parent directory of the dfhack\build folder, which is \dfhack (Captain Obvious, I know, but just so I'm not leaving anything out).  But is that right?  Shouldn't it go to the source folder or the build folder instead? 
It won't work. The directry you run cmake from is the build directory. The ".." is therefore used to separate the build files and source files. I enforce this, it will yell at you and refuse to continue if you run cmake from the source directory.
But all of this looks like it's unrelated to Cmake not finding that .dll.  Still can't get it to look in the minGW\bin folder for it.  How do I do that?  It seems that setting the path variable to C:\minGW or C:\minGW\bin isn't enough.  Is that not the path variable's job or is there something I need to "connect" the path variable to in order for it to work?  Am I even creating the path variable in the wrong way?  All the compile document said was "You'll have to add C:\MinGW\ to your PATH variable.".  It didn't say how.  The way I went about it was to open the Cmake gui and create an entry of the type "PATH" and put either C:\MinGW or C:\MinGW\bin in the "value" field.  I'm not sure that's what the document meant but it's impossible to know for sure from the information I have.
The PATH variable is an environment variable, and is specified for the whole system in one of the Windows control panels (Probably named System too). This tells the system where to look for binaries (like compilers and stuff).

So, what you need:
Working cmake
Working Mingw32
(Both have installers that should be able to set the PATH automatically for you)
Then go to dfhack\build and double-click one of the .bat files (Release Mingw32 build should be right)
Results are placed into dfhack\output
If you have MSVC and decide to use it, a project file will be generated in dfhack\build\build-real\
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108