Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391976 times)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.2
« Reply #780 on: March 06, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »

Mine has quite consistently crashed on  embark. Once it erased all the underground seeds in the world in the process. Still trying to figure that one out.
Memento Mori

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 06, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »

Maybe because I'm using Windows?

edit: fixing up a linux/osx issue, release should be up later today

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #782 on: March 06, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »

Nope, windows 7 girl :s
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.3
« Reply #783 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:16 pm »

I'm using XP
Memento Mori

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:05 pm »

I'm using Ubuntu... no crashes. :)

But I run it through wine, so I think that might be the reason.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #785 on: March 06, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »

Anyway, I just pushed the release on github. Grab it and have fun. If things crash, make them crash creatively ;)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 06, 2011, 08:43:15 pm »

(You may want to update your signature.  :P)

You sure got those offsets fast.  Isn't there a tutorial somewhere for finding offsets yourself?  I couldn't find one and was hoping to help out. :-\
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 06, 2011, 08:46:31 pm »

I'll just leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3h8ZnXLsRg
Don't expect total awesome. It's more like a really fragile process where you can F up and make everyone fight each other to the death or crash DF. Still don't have the code for the tool (only dfhack API calls), but it should be ready for 31.21.

Anyway, seems like 31.20 is a dead release plagued with crashes (to the point of being pulled from the site). I'll release what I have anyway, so people who have it can use the tools :)

Buh?  It runs perfectly fine for me..

Me too. For quite a time, and not a single crash.

Same here.  The only problem I have run into so far is that pump stacks seem to be abnormally laggy for me for some reason, even if I apply power to a dry stack with no source, as soon as it starts 'pumping' my FPS drops into the 2-4 range lol.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:17 pm »

so, what's the
horrible dangerous hack tool in the next release.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #789 on: March 06, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »

You sure got those offsets fast.  Isn't there a tutorial somewhere for finding offsets yourself?  I couldn't find one and was hoping to help out. :-\
Yeah. I just want this stuff out of the way.

Anyway, if you can read C++ code, you're halfway there already - you can read what the dfhack modules do to read things. Then you need tools. Some visual debugger that lets you disable everything but bookmarks and the memory view is always helpful. I use edb for that (it's a linuxy thing, but I'm sure it has windows equivalents). Look at what's at the addresses known in older versions, look at the code and see what it does with the data it reads and how it reads it. Load the same save in a newer version of DF and see if you can find the same data. For more involved things, you'll need a decent disassembler or a good knowledge of x86 assembly. IDA Pro is great here - even the free version without hexrays.

Well, and that about covers the essentials. Look at things, try to make sense of what you see.

DFHack will eventually have better tools for offset searching. Right now there's just dfincremental, which can, when used properly, speed up your work. I'll cover the basic modes here (and skip the ones that don't work on windows yet)

First thing it will ask you about is the ranges in which it should search. Picking all of them is OK.
Code: [Select]
[peterix@peterix output]$ ./dfincremental
Which range to search? (default is 1-4)
(0) 10000 - 110000|rw-|
(1) 110000 - 220000|rwx|
(2) 220000 - 221000|rwx|

(400) ff8b0000 - ffcb0000|rwx|
(401) ffcb3000 - ffcd4000|rw-|[stack]
(402) ffce0000 - ffff0000|---|
>>0-400
Here I pick ranges 0-400. This will be different depending on your system and the version of DF you use. The less ranges you pick, the faster the search, but you can miss things. When you know that the stuff you search for is normally in some range, you can limit the search this way.

Then it will ask you about what kind of search you want to do:

0= exit
1=number(default) = this lets you incrementally search for an exact number. Incrementally = you search, change it in DF, search again, etc, until you get a small set of addresses. This is a common property of many of the search types.
2=vector by length = very useful. many things in DF are stored in STL vectors. This lets you search for those vectors by how many items they hold. Embark, build a constructed floor, search for 1, build another, search for 2, etc. You'll find the constructions.
3=vector>object>string = only works on linux right now ~_~ Very useful for materials/raws.
4=string = STL string, linux only. For any place you can type things in.
5=automated offset search = very limited automated search. linux only. to be expanded.
6=vector by address in its array = not very useful. lets you search for a vector by a single address that lies inside its range. Produces too many useless results.
7=pointer vector by address of an object = you have an object address and want to find a vector that holds it. the more objects you have, the more you can limit the list
8=vector>first object>string = another linux only.
9=string buffers = plain non-STL string search. Just put in letters and it finds them.
10=known data = similar to string buffers, but accepts a series of bytes in hexadecimal code. useful for binary strings or when you need to string more numbers together.
11=backpointers = say you have an address that you know is inside an object (you searched for a dwarf's nickname for example). this lets you find where the creature object starts and what is referencing it. The search it does is greedy, so it will follow the first backpointer and won't explore the others, if there are any. Combine with plain number search if you think that's happening.
12=data+backpointers = data search and backpointers combined
13=coord lookup = this lets you for example put the DF cursor over something of interest and do a search for the coords of the cursor. Usually, it finds and address that's inside the interesting object, or more addresses if more things share the same coords. Follow a dwarf for a bit with this and you'll certainly find him.

Making the linux-only things here working for windows DF is my next goal.

I'm sure you could find many other tools too.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 06, 2011, 10:33:36 pm »

I'd be happy if Toady slowed down a bit and bug tested more with a smaller test group before release.

31.21 is out :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 06, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

Any ETA on a Memory.XML for the new 31.21 version?
Never pet a burning dog.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:00 pm »

Is that a record?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 06, 2011, 11:07:06 pm »

Does it not work on 31.21?

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »

Is that a record?

My instantaneous request for a support file? Or Toady's instantaneous release of a new version? I think we're running neck-and-neck...

Does it not work on 31.21?

The old XML file? Haven't tried it. The off-sets usually change with each version, though. v31.21 isn't listed in the current XML as a supported version, so dfprospector refuses to start.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:25:30 pm by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108