Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391919 times)

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.10
« Reply #1065 on: March 29, 2011, 04:57:26 am »

Um... Problem?
When I run dfhack with .24, I'm getting one of two errors, depending on what I use.
Either "memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer" and I get that when I use attachtest, expbench, flows, lair, liquids, pause, position, prospector, reveal, suspend, unstuck, and vdig.
Anything else with "stop responding"

Using DF v.24 on a Windows 7 x64 (that MAY be the problem?) machine.

Did some more looking. I got the modified memory.xml from that guy a few posts ago, and that didn't work. Also, tried .25, also no go. Same problems for all (except that I was having other issues on .24 w/ therapist that have been resolved)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:58:08 am by Waladil »

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 29, 2011, 08:21:16 am »

Some toolsare not working on my Debian machine .
I installed dfhack from the ubuntu32bit package which worked fine.
But some tools do not work, some do.
dfattachtest and dfsuspend work fine.
dfflows also works fine, and dfveinlook is properly working.

Errors i get from:
dfprospector: symbol lookup error: dfprospector: undefined symbol: _ZN6DFHack4Maps17ReadLocalFeaturesERSt3mapINS_10planecoordESt6vectorIPNS_9t_featureESaIS5_EESt4lessIS2_ESaISt4pairIKS2_S7_EEE
and:
dfliquids: symbol lookup error: dfliquids: undefined symbol: _ZN6DFHack7Context11getPositionEv

ideas? would be glad if someone could lead me to a diagnosis whats going wrong here
ps: i have limited skills in (c++) programming, if that helps

-edit: DF is version 31.19
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1067 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:16 am »

Um... Problem?
When I run dfhack with .24, I'm getting one of two errors, depending on what I use.
Either "memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer" and I get that when I use attachtest, expbench, flows, lair, liquids, pause, position, prospector, reveal, suspend, unstuck, and vdig.

Did some more looking. I got the modified memory.xml from that guy a few posts ago, and that didn't work. Also, tried .25, also no go. Same problems for all (except that I was having other issues on .24 w/ therapist that have been resolved)
Interesting. I've only seen that happening for people running DFHack on wine/osx and wine/linux and blamed it on wine... I use the same version of Windows to build the thing, so that can't be the problem. I'll have to investigate this for real, but here's what I suspect: something is broken in the xml reader library I'm using.

ideas? would be glad if someone could lead me to a diagnosis whats going wrong here
Build system fail. Looks like it didn't pick up the changes properly and some parts didn't get rebuilt. The Ubuntu machines are VirtualBox VMs connecting a share with all my programming stuff from the host. Looks like there's something wrong with that vbox share, probably doesn't preserve some metadata or something like that.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:51 am »

Um... Problem?

Interesting. I've only seen that happening for people running DFHack on wine/osx and wine/linux and blamed it on wine... I use the same version of Windows to build the thing, so that can't be the problem. I'll have to investigate this for real, but here's what I suspect: something is broken in the xml reader library I'm using.

You use 64-bit Windows?

I think my Wine is 64-bit (my machine certainly is), so if you're building on 32-bit, that could be (part of) the problem...

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 29, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »

I'm just wondering, I ran reveal and closed the window without unrevealing, and now... if I reveal and unreveal I can't unreveal... so I'm stuck revealed? :(
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 29, 2011, 01:11:18 pm »

I'm just wondering, I ran reveal and closed the window without unrevealing, and now... if I reveal and unreveal I can't unreveal... so I'm stuck revealed? :(
Yes.
Finis sanctificat media.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 29, 2011, 01:13:11 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

:-[
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 29, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

This is the case when third party utilities just adds some unpredictable FUN.  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1073 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:41 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo
This is the case when third party utilities just adds some unpredictable FUN.  ;D
Not unpredictable. The thing did its job exactly as it was told. Unfortunately, there's no magic 'fix it' button. I guess I could spend some time writing such a magical 'fix it' button, if I had the time.

But for now I'll replace "Close to keep the map revealed." with "Close to keep the map revealed FOREVER." in future versions of the reveal tool, just to make things clearer. It's a pity I can't make that red easily, because I'd definitely do that if I could. But that would involve me writing a cross-platform terminal output wrapper that can do that...

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo
Not unpredictable. The thing did its job exactly as it was told.
I meant unpredictable for those who don't read manuals.

*but now i suddenly understand that i did the same facepalm long time ago when i used the revealer first time*  :D
Finis sanctificat media.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1075 on: March 29, 2011, 02:22:05 pm »

Not unpredictable. The thing did its job exactly as it was told. Unfortunately, there's no magic 'fix it' button. I guess I could spend some time writing such a magical 'fix it' button, if I had the time.

I seem to recall that the old Dtil utility for 40d had an "unreveal" option, though I don't recall exactly how it worked - one possibility would be to unreveal the entire map, then pick a suitable "open" location (e.g. the top of the sky) and then flood-fill outward, stopping only at natural walls (excluding those made of ice) and solid floors (i.e. everything but down stairs, up/down stairs, and open space).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 29, 2011, 03:08:31 pm »

Wouldn't really work with caverns and the magma sea. The real way to do it would just make dfreveal dump its previous revealed tile info to a file just to be safe.

EDIT: I guess we could also set unused occupancy flags on revealed tiles, assuming there are.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:14:22 pm by thewonderidiot »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

lol, there's one of these every month it seems.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 29, 2011, 04:36:56 pm »

Dont know if that was asked (dont really want to read all those 72 pages) but here it is. When i create obsidian and dug it out afterwards i cant make anything out of those stones. Worked just fine in previous versions, is there a way around this?

And i i use created magma for dumping - it wont melt anything. Just noticed that too
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:39:14 pm by uristmcdorf »

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 29, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

People, this is what saving is for.

And i i use created magma for dumping - it wont melt anything. Just noticed that too
Is temperature on? Are the items you try to melt magma-safe?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:44:10 pm by Cotes »
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 108