Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391903 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.11
« Reply #1140 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:58 am »

The next thing for DF-Hack: Time Control.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:13 pm »

Suddenly SPRING!!

And then the Caravan Arc committed economic suicide.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1142 on: April 03, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

I tried, it's too buggy :)
That's uniformly 0, too.

I was really hoping to not need to modify dfhack.... drat.

EDIT: I got it. The existing logic was mostly sound, but disabled. I reenabled it and changed the job id read from DWord to Word, and it works.
Well, that stuff was disabled it seems. Wow. I completely missed it when I was last updating the creature module. Consider it fixed :) I'll do some testing and maybe add a dwarf job dump tool or something like that so these things can be easily tested in the future.

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 03, 2011, 03:47:28 pm »

Well, that stuff was disabled it seems. Wow. I completely missed it when I was last updating the creature module. Consider it fixed :) I'll do some testing and maybe add a dwarf job dump tool or something like that so these things can be easily tested in the future.
Cool. Now I just need to figure out how to tell the difference between "No Job" and "On Break"... it appears the method Dwarf Therapist was using no longer works.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 03, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »

Hello, I am new to DFHack, I can't seem to be able to run it under linux.

I keep getting this error while trying to use most tools:

Code: [Select]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::InvalidMemoryDefinition'
  what():  memory object is INVALID: type address key /Maps/map_data
Aborted

I did a git pull and compiled it. I checked the Memory.xml file contains v0.31.25 linux.

What am I doing wrong?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1145 on: April 03, 2011, 04:02:05 pm »

Hello, I am new to DFHack, I can't seem to be able to run it under linux.

I keep getting this error while trying to use most tools:

Code: [Select]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::InvalidMemoryDefinition'
  what():  memory object is INVALID: type address key /Maps/map_data
Aborted

I did a git pull and compiled it. I checked the Memory.xml file contains v0.31.25 linux.

What am I doing wrong?
You're too fast :D

I'm working on full linux support and those entries are just placeholders so that the search tools can identify the running DF version. 0.31.22 is almost complete now and the rest will follow quickly after that.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 03, 2011, 04:53:43 pm »

Oh, alright. Thanks.

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

Cool. Now I just need to figure out how to tell the difference between "No Job" and "On Break"... it appears the method Dwarf Therapist was using no longer works.
Apparently it does work, it just has the wrong offset in its memory layout file. :)

As of 0.31.23, the states vector is at dwarf+0x5A0. It's a vector of pointers to words; if any of the words are 0x11, the dwarf is on break. (I'm betting there's also some durations in there, and maybe some other stuff.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:23:12 pm by ZCM »
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 03, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »

when i spawn obsidian in midair it kind of just floats there, is there a way to make the obsidian fall to the ground?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1149 on: April 03, 2011, 11:08:04 pm »

Oh, alright. Thanks.
Should be OK now.
when i spawn obsidian in midair it kind of just floats there, is there a way to make the obsidian fall to the ground?
Maybe. I don't know. The obsidian spawning thing is mainly meant to patch up holes in the magma sea in case it leaks into hell and causes FPS problems... at least that was the original purpose.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 03, 2011, 11:19:01 pm »

If you then spawn water and magma adjacent / on top of floating obsidian, to make 'natural' obsidian, it collapses as normal.

I've noticed the obsidian-creating tool doesn't work more than a certain number of Z's above ground. Is this a bug?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1151 on: April 04, 2011, 12:01:18 am »

If you then spawn water and magma adjacent / on top of floating obsidian, to make 'natural' obsidian, it collapses as normal.

I've noticed the obsidian-creating tool doesn't work more than a certain number of Z's above ground. Is this a bug?
There is no space there, it just doesn't exist. And sadly, there's no way to manipulate something that doesn't exist. Build a staircase to create more space :)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 04, 2011, 12:41:25 am »

Ah, interesting. Thanks. So do flying creatures never path into that space / things not get flung by bridges into that space even though you can see it? Or does it assign reality to the new Z-level when a creature enters it, too?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 04, 2011, 12:50:42 am »

this raises the question... is there a way to make it ignore the height limits when assigning reality?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1154 on: April 04, 2011, 01:12:58 am »

Well, I'm sure the creatures can move in this non-initialized space. It's just that the game tries to save some memory by not tracking details of what's basically air. Same happened with map blocks deep underground in the 40d and older versions. They didn't exist until you tunneled into them.

Japa: that's a very bad idea. While the map blocks might not exist for parts of the map, the map still has fixed size. There's probably a way to fake it all, but I'm not doing that. It would be too much of a hack.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108