Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985839 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Updated GUI!
« Reply #1890 on: August 25, 2012, 04:00:02 am »

Should Lucas consider adding an ASCII tileset, I'm humbly offering my own. People seem to like how true it is to the original one, yet it's square and big (24x24).
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 25, 2012, 06:01:24 am »

Should Lucas consider adding an ASCII tileset, I'm humbly offering my own. People seem to like how true it is to the original one, yet it's square and big (24x24).

That looks nice.  I wouldn't mind seeing that in the LNP.

Katan Alebread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 27, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

It seems that the blueprints for Quickfort have been chopped out of the latest releases? I searched through this thread but did not see any mention of when or why this was done.

Comparing LNP Advanced V15 to LNP V9.2 it seems a whole bunch of things are missing, including:
caramel's circular bedroom plan.csv
Circle Pack
fractal room-dig.csv
Jurph's Fractal and Modular Expansion Pack
Large Diagonal Hallways
Modular
raynard_square-dig.csv
templates
WikiBedrooms

I think these things should still be included. Could someone tell me why they were removed?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 27, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »

Yeah I've already talked about ASCII tilesets, most of it is just an issue of mataining a bunch of sets, another part is that I'd like to implement more tileset options in the GUI.

It seems that the blueprints for Quickfort have been chopped out of the latest releases?

This wasn't done intentionally.  It's just something I never think about when I make a pack, and I guess I assumed most of that stuff was included by default in the Quickfort download these days, although it isn't. It might also be an issue of Quickfort 2.0 having a different schematic format to 1.0, although maybe 1.0 stuff still works? I forget where those files can be downloaded, but I'll look for them and try to remember to re-pack them next time.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Katan Alebread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 28, 2012, 12:20:47 pm »

It seems that the blueprints for Quickfort have been chopped out of the latest releases?

This wasn't done intentionally.  It's just something I never think about when I make a pack, and I guess I assumed most of that stuff was included by default in the Quickfort download these days, although it isn't. It might also be an issue of Quickfort 2.0 having a different schematic format to 1.0, although maybe 1.0 stuff still works? I forget where those files can be downloaded, but I'll look for them and try to remember to re-pack them next time.
Glad to hear that it wasn't intentional :)

I think it's an easy enough fix. The blueprints are compatible from what I've seen - I'm using the blueprints from LNP V9.2. You could probably copy them from your local copy of 9.2 into the next release of LNP Advanced.

warthurton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • warthurton's Blog
« Reply #1895 on: September 06, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

If you are trying to use dfusion (dfuse or dfusion), you need to make the following change:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3405629#msg3405629

Otherwise you will get the error noted.

JBlak

• Bay Watcher
  • The Game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 11, 2012, 02:50:30 am »

Why did you remove the Exotic Animals button. WHYYYYYYY?!

Now I'll have to painstakingly change every [PET_EXOTIC] tag to [PET]
Shimbilagak

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 11, 2012, 07:09:03 am »

Why did you remove the Exotic Animals button. WHYYYYYYY?!

Now I'll have to painstakingly change every [PET_EXOTIC] tag to [PET]

Read the thread, it dosen't do anything anymore. Those tags are obsolete.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »

I'm getting babies born over my Dwarf cap (200) now at 210
I this supposed to happen?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »

Maybe the dwarf got pregnant before you reached the cap.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 18, 2012, 02:08:30 pm »

Maybe the dwarf got pregnant before you reached the cap.

Softcap.  I think its only used in formulas controlling the migrant waves.  *shrug*

There was some talk in another thread about Quickforts, being converted into a Quicktracks, or something similar.  Maybe Lucas is holding back, til it comes about.  A Quicktracks would be a HUGE welcome, to my game.  Hardest thing about minecarts is laying the dog-on rail.

Yup, exotic pets is obsolete in latest version.  New version have us training via the stockpiles list, and by way of caging and taming familiar species.  I use the right side arrow from within the Animals list to see where I stand, with the new exotic changes.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 20, 2012, 06:57:44 pm »

Heya,

I have a strange problem, and since I'm not sure where it exactly came from, I decided to ask for your opinions first.

When I try to move stuff to my depot with q-d, the s:select function isn't working correctly. If I type "x" for example, all tattered clothes should show up, but only a single one does. They are neither forbidden nor in use. I remember I tried the "cleanowned" command, but I'm still not sure what that actually did. Also searching for "trouser" or "shirt" doesn't bring up results as I would expect. Anyone got an idea ?

Here's the world DL, named Region 2.4 Standard Tileset 0.34.11 Maybe I just screwed up something ...

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 20, 2012, 09:47:53 pm »

Do you have a bookie?  I mean, to see the stuff?  If that cleanowned was a DF hack, its possible, they got atomized.  Items just poof, when hacks are used.  Another words, nothing is left to search for, or sell.  Never used that hack, specifically, so I dunno, but I have used others.  If searches for broader items, shirt and trouser, is fruitless, this is most likely the case.  Poof! 

Try it in another embark.  I've seen search:x produce a list of tattered stuff, cept it sometimes lists toy axes, and wooden items made out of that wood with the 'x' in its name.  Cannot remember its name.  Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Nubshiggurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 21, 2012, 03:53:40 am »

Thanks for making this pack, it is the sole reason I tried DF again (got bogged down trying to change tilesets the last time).

It is supremely useful, soundsense is awesome, and playing with a pop cap made my fort actually manageable. Thanks!

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 21, 2012, 08:55:52 am »

@ Knutor :

Thanks for your reply,
it turned out that the select function (in 34.11 don't know about others) can not find clothes when stored in bins.
Made another stockpile without bins, now it works as intended.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 137