Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1984421 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.16] [V5.2]
« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2010, 05:58:02 pm »

Cruxador did i ruin my game though by doing that? i mean does that break anything.  cause I thought lazy newb pack was just so I can add change graphics a lot quicker.  Even though I deleted 31.16, and put in 31.18, then renamed the folder to 31.16 so it reconized it.  Did this damage my game?  I'm not expecting lazy newb to do anything but the graphic changes.

Though i did notice it resets your D_init, and Init files, and all my soil files about aquifers, i had to make backups so i didn't have to go through them again.

Did i in anyway revert my 31.18, back to 31.16 by doing this? as in I lost all the new updates?

Maugrimmau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2010, 06:26:40 pm »

Your idea seems a little bit like my idea ;)
Yep, I was really just adding the suggestion that Lucas put instructions in the OP so anyone can do it :)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 05, 2010, 10:43:04 am »

Cruxador did i ruin my game though by doing that? i mean does that break anything.  cause I thought lazy newb pack was just so I can add change graphics a lot quicker.  Even though I deleted 31.16, and put in 31.18, then renamed the folder to 31.16 so it reconized it.  Did this damage my game?  I'm not expecting lazy newb to do anything but the graphic changes.

Though i did notice it resets your D_init, and Init files, and all my soil files about aquifers, i had to make backups so i didn't have to go through them again.

Did i in anyway revert my 31.18, back to 31.16 by doing this? as in I lost all the new updates?

Moving saves from 1 version to the other is done by probably 75% of these forums. Here's how you do it:

1. Move old save folder to new version.
2. Copy the raws from the new version into your save's raws.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Also, don't copy paste old raws into new raws, or old Init/Dinit into new ones, there could be changes and THAT will break your game.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:01 am »

No no no, what i'm asking is when i copied deleted 31.16, and put in 31.18; then renamed the folder to 31.16 (so lazy newb pack works); then used the file from lazy newb pack that lets you place in graphics; did that revert my df back to 31.16.

either way I went and downloaded mike mayday, ironhand, and phoebus's 31.18 graphic enhanced versions; now i'm just seeing which one i like most.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 09, 2010, 10:53:44 am »

Just downloaded your latest pack to get back into DF... and every embark I create has No plants available for purchase.... Bug?
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2010, 10:59:43 am »

YES!

I'm assuming you are using the Design World with Advanced Parameters -->Lazy Newb World

If so:
  • Press 'e' to edit the lazy newb world
  • Move down to "cavern layers" and make it "3"
  • PROFIT!
BTW I am willing to help fix bugs and make a "Lazy Newb Pack v[x.x.tolyk]" version after each release (when I have time) to fix some bugs. Also I could make a Windows Forms application to make a graphical launcher (in case console intimidates folks) IF I figure out how to work with files in VB  :-[
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2010, 11:08:11 am »

YES!

I'm assuming you are using the Design World with Advanced Parameters -->Lazy Newb World

If so:
  • Press 'e' to edit the lazy newb world
  • Move down to "cavern layers" and make it "3"
  • PROFIT!
BTW I am willing to help fix bugs and make a "Lazy Newb Pack v[x.x.tolyk]" version after each release (when I have time) to fix some bugs. Also I could make a Windows Forms application to make a graphical launcher (in case console intimidates folks) IF I figure out how to work with files in VB  :-[

Oh I think I remember that bug. Something to do with the fact that because there werent any cavern layers with plants in them, it removes them entirely? Well I'll give this a go without plants anyway :D
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2010, 11:24:45 am »

wait a minute I'm gonna fix that for my "mod of a mod"
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

bayonder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2010, 10:43:08 am »

any chance of getting this compatable with the 0.31.18 update any time soon?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:02 pm »

Yep! In fact I'm going to get a new pack out today.
Of course you all know what this means: 31.19 is around the bend  :P

Sorry for the lull guys. I should be able to keep this updated a bit better.
Also, I'm thinking of not being obsessed with utilities, but including a few, and just providing links to utility updates/extras, because making new packs just for utility upgrades is a waste of time.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 11, 2010, 04:35:50 pm »

first of all, thanks for the info!

as I mentioned there are some bugs in versions of the pack, I could help fix those out while you're busy...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:37:38 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 11, 2010, 04:41:43 pm »

Actually I'd love it if you would work a bit with me, and help keep things updated while I'm busy.
If you had time to make an updated pack while I couldn't, I'd gladly update the links to point to it.

I've changed the world-gen parameters to have the 3 layers of caves. I don't know if the world gen format has changed/added to since 31.16.
If theres something else PM me. :)

Also I like the idea of a VB form. I did a bit of VB in highschool and could probably pick it back up. We could potentially both work on it.
(I've learnt alot about batch files though, i'm stretching those to the limit :P, VB probably would be easier then what I'm doing haha)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:43:24 pm by LucasUP »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 11, 2010, 04:51:58 pm »

same here
actually I'm learning batching from your files  ;) so...

I'm good at interfacing using VB, horrible at graphics  :-X, and an "adequate" batcher.
also know/learning C++. sadly haven't worked with files XD so that's something that's up to you, sorry.

I'll keep in touch, my email and skype numbers are in the PM
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V6.0] YES ITS HERE!
« Reply #463 on: December 11, 2010, 07:50:56 pm »

V6.0 RELEASED!
Yaaaay

You'll notice this version has fewer utilities (pretty much Therapist is the only big one)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any extra stuff thats usually included is under the "Utility List".
It should be easy to keep this list updated to reflect whats compilable.

Also I'm planning on working with TolyK on a Visual Basic form application instead of just a batch file. Should make updating and using easier!
If anyone else is interested in helping out with anything, please feel free to message me.

I'd be willing to be on a "team" of people that creats LazyNewb packs if someone can show me how to do it one time (Mostly create the .bat file unless that's already just a download too)

Actually, that gives me a good idea.

If, somewhere in the OP (in a spoiler tag), LucasUP could add full instructions for putting the LNP together, then impatient newbs could DIY with confidence, while helpful forum members like boatie (I'd also be willing though I'm often busy) could put together and upload the pack when there's an update to one of the tools.

This would obviate the need for Lucas to do everything every time, though he'd still have to maintain the OP at the very least - unless someone else took over that by creating a new thread.

@Boatie/Maugrimmau Not a bad idea. The only problem is the exact method will be changing slightly with different bat files or the VB program. Maybe once thats done I'll do something like that though.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:55:23 pm by LucasUP »

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.18] [V6.0] YES ITS HERE!
« Reply #464 on: December 11, 2010, 08:11:57 pm »

AWW hell I gotta get this one too?  hang on...
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137