Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985696 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.3] NOT UPDATED YET
« Reply #1245 on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »

There were pretty big changes, so I wouldn't try an update. If You want to try it, there are supposed to be some tools for that, and they were included in LNP, but I can't find them now.

There is an improved exe of DF for Windows, that can use above 2GB memory. Consider using it for the next edition of LNP: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5528

OMG, NO WAY! I was wondering why my computer was limited (I'm running on 64-bit Windows).

Edited because I am stupid.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:43:18 pm by dirty foot »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 17, 2012, 07:30:42 am »

Hm.
Might be worth a try, I'll look into it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist McEngineer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 18, 2012, 08:21:08 am »

I use the LNP and I would like to make quickfort templates but every folder in my LNP main folder is Read Only and I can disable and apply that a thousand times, but it stays that way. Is there a known solution to this?

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:52 am »

Is there a way to upgrade to the latest version of Dwarf Fortress?
It was, is and never will be any "upgrades". Every release (major or bugfix or whatever) is separate standalone application, downloaded separately.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

mathusalem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 19, 2012, 04:47:31 am »

Hello,

I have tryed  to install DF newb pack with Desura today and Avira 2012 Premium detect a ton of virus, in each .exe.
Is it a false positive or not ?

Thank you.

antivirus log (extract)

Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfattachtest.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfattachtest.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6835015
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfautodump.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfautodump.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6834930
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfderamp.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfderamp.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6754898
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dflair.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dflair.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6877699
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dftubefill.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dftubefill.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6739549
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfunreveal.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfunreveal.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6959315.1
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfvdig.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfvdig.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Agent.25088.133
Recherche débutant dans 'D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfweather.exe'
D:\Program Files\Desura\Common\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\C-Hacks\DFhack 0.5.15\dfweather.exe
  [RESULTAT]  Contient le cheval de Troie TR/Offend.6744850

mathusalem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 19, 2012, 05:02:11 am »

ps : I have downloaded the pack here and it's virus free.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 19, 2012, 05:06:49 am »

Why is DF not large address aware by default? Is there a good reason? If so that should be taken into account when deciding whether or not the LNP should use it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 19, 2012, 08:24:55 am »

LNP uses the old DFhack which uses very virus-like methods of messing with DF, which the virus scanners flag as being viruses.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »

any ideas on when this'll be updated for the new version?
I can't get anything to work, no DT, no nothing.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 20, 2012, 12:47:23 am »

You can get it to work, sort of.  I managed to get the basic interface to work by setting up a new folder and placing the files for 0.34.02 in a folder labelled "Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25"  I think LNP looks for the DF executable in folder with that name.  I was able to run DF with the latest Dwarf Therapist, SoundSense, and Ironhand's tileset without any noticeable problems.  DFHack doesn't work with it yet.

I think the steps would be something like this:

1. Download and extract the LNP.  Or make a copy of the LNP folders.
2. Delete everything in the Dwarf Fortress folder, and replace it with the current version.  You can keep embark profiles and/or macros, the ones from 0.31.25 seem to work in 0.34.02.
3. Update utilities (optional).
  3a. Download the 0.34.02 version of DT and replace the old version.
  3b. Edit the configuration.xml file in the SoundSense folder so it points to where the gamelog.txt file is in the main DF folder.
  3c. For other utilities, check the appropriate topics for 0.34.02 compatibility.  DFHack is not yet compatible.

If you want to use tilesets, I don't know if the tileset updater is working.  I just downloaded the Ironhand package that had the full 0.34.02 install, since I'm not going to be using the other sets.  But I think Mayday and Phoebus may have full installs for their sets.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:00:22 am by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:11 am »

mind going into a bit more detail about step 3b as im rather dumb?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 20, 2012, 01:11:06 am »

You're using SoundSense I take it?

In the SoundSense folder (which is in LNP/Utilities/1-Newb wherever you have the LNP folders) there is a file named configuration.xml.  Open it with Notepad or some other text editor.  There is a line that reads:

Code: [Select]
<gamelog path="...\Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25\gamelog.txt"/>
Make sure that the "..." part lists the path to the Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 folder where you deleted the old files and replaced them with the 0.34.02 files.  Then save the file.  Though this might be unnecessary overly complicated and just plain dorfy, I think SoundSense might be able to update it if you just run it and it can't find the gamelog.txt file, it'll give you a prompt to tell it where to look for it.  The file probably doesn't exist if you put a clean install of 0.34.02, just make a new text file named gamelog.txt in the DF folder, it can be empty, SS just needs to know where to look for game announcements.

I don't know how a lot of this stuff works myself, I kind of just half-assed this setup like this and luckily it seems to work fine.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 20, 2012, 01:28:53 am »

Hey guys, I'll be making/posting an update TOMORROW! It'll probably be missing DFHack/Stonesense/Mayday, but it'll do for now.
Eventually I'm also considering doing two separate packs, one always without DFHack/Stonesense/other-advanced-utilities so its even more Newb-friendly.
"Lazy Newb Pack" and "Lazy Newb Pack Plus" or something?

Yes you can also update LNP yourself! I provide details on how to do it in the first post under "HELP: Do-It-Yourself-Upgrading". You don't need to do that crazy stuff with SoundSense, it will just prompt you with a dialogue box to find the gamelog.txt.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:32:03 am by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #1258 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:20 am »

thanks for updating Lnp. A light version of it is a good idea. Also, if I may suggest a feature: when I changed the setting from Phoebus graphics back to ASCII I noticed that it had reset my colors.txt back to default. I wish it wouldn't do that.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 20, 2012, 02:03:07 am »

You're using SoundSense I take it?

ummmmmm...

no?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 137