Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1985656 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.3] NOT UPDATED YET
« Reply #1260 on: February 20, 2012, 02:45:26 am »

Anyway to add a font size change?  Some init's I see posted the Truetype command in the init file as a number, instead of a Yes/No, would that do it?  I haven't had much luck, changing the font size.  Font.ttf, shows up in the art folder, with a number of different sizes to pick from, but I dunno how to set them.  Any chance LNP could do that for me?  Just a thought. 

Cannot wait for your update.  I really like getting your bundle.  Thank you, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 20, 2012, 03:07:24 am »

You're using SoundSense I take it?

ummmmmm...

no?
Then you don't need 3b :P
Read the guide for self-updating on the front page.

Anyway to add a font size change?  Some init's I see posted the Truetype command in the init file as a number, instead of a Yes/No, would that do it?  I haven't had much luck, changing the font size.  Font.ttf, shows up in the art folder, with a number of different sizes to pick from, but I dunno how to set them.  Any chance LNP could do that for me?  Just a thought. 

Cannot wait for your update.  I really like getting your bundle.  Thank you, Knutor
Not quite sure how to do this, it might change based on a differently-named factor...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:01 am »

Yes you can also update LNP yourself! I provide details on how to do it in the first post under "HELP: Do-It-Yourself-Upgrading". You don't need to do that crazy stuff with SoundSense, it will just prompt you with a dialogue box to find the gamelog.txt.

To be fair, I did say I kind of half-assed the whole attempt. ;)
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1263 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:29 am »

You're using SoundSense I take it?

In the SoundSense folder (which is in LNP/Utilities/1-Newb wherever you have the LNP folders) there is a file named configuration.xml.  Open it with Notepad or some other text editor.  There is a line that reads:

Code: [Select]
<gamelog path="...\Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25\gamelog.txt"/>
Make sure that the "..." part lists the path to the Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 folder where you deleted the old files and replaced them with the 0.34.02 files.  Then save the file.  Though this might be unnecessary overly complicated and just plain dorfy, I think SoundSense might be able to update it if you just run it and it can't find the gamelog.txt file, it'll give you a prompt to tell it where to look for it.  The file probably doesn't exist if you put a clean install of 0.34.02, just make a new text file named gamelog.txt in the DF folder, it can be empty, SS just needs to know where to look for game announcements.

I don't know how a lot of this stuff works myself, I kind of just half-assed this setup like this and luckily it seems to work fine.

Yeah, if DF is freshly unpacked, there is no gamelog.txt (created by first run), so SS does not know where it can locate it.

I don't know whether LNP DF includes empty gamelog.txt, but it would be good idea to have one and to exit ss configuration to point at it so that it would work out of the box.

Also, for DF2012, you want to change update site of SS to current one:

Replace:

<autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack"/>
With:

<autoUpdateURL path="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61214232/df/pack"/>

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57:05 am »

Having some trouble putting the new DF version into this, i put the new version in and when i launch the game and then click create world the game crashes. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? it only crashes when i use the lazy newb pack, so i can run the actual game, and it doesnt seem to be picking up my settings as it doesnt show the intro and such.

the problem actually seems to be the graphics packs, the game cant get past the intro window with the ones included. i suppose i need an updated tileset for it to work with the new version?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:34:18 am by Mattk50 »

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 20, 2012, 07:25:39 am »

Also, for DF2012, you want to change update site of SS to current one:

Replace:

<autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack"/>
With:

<autoUpdateURL path="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61214232/df/pack"/>

Yeah, I just copied the stuff I had in my 31.25 folder instead of waiting to unpack the files again.  It's adequate for my needs atm.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:27:47 am by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

McXavier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:52 am »

"Lazy Newb Pack Plus" or something?

I'm liking the idea of having a Lazy Newb Pack and a Smartie Newb Pack.  (I'm a lazy newb, meself.)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 20, 2012, 12:02:25 pm »

You mean lazy veteran? :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:11 pm »

WHY THIS NO DONE YET

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 20, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »

WHY THIS NO DONE YET

Well the author is actually a member of a top secret government agency who has a mission to go back in time and glue the nose back on the sphinx. So once that is over maybe.

I want it just as much as you do, I have horrible luck putting fortresses around aquifers and having the entire area become useless.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:42:24 pm by killerx243 »

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

@LucasUP,

Mayday updated pack (for DF 34_02a) just came out!
http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

Please add that into tomorrow's release so a lot of us who only play by his tileset could enjoy LNP goodness again finally.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 20, 2012, 01:57:21 pm »

I want it just as much as you do, I have horrible luck putting fortresses around aquifers and having the entire area become useless.

When selecting a site to embark on, just press 'f' and you can choose a custom site, perhaps one with no aquifers nearby and lots of metals :P

Torr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »

Feature request:

I invision this stuff probably requiring another tab with these items on it. I have a desire to change more items easily from the LNP.  I have found that if I manually edit some of this stuff then those changes are lost the next time I start the game via LNP, as such I think that these things should be cared about by the LNP.

Things I want to change in the D_init.txt
[VARIED_GROUND_TILES:YES] --- the game uses more than just a "." to represent flat ground. What if I want it to just be ".", this allows me to do that if I could set it to NO.

[COFFIN_NO_PETS_DEFAULT:NO] --- in my mind this should be YES (in this games yes means no)

[PATH_COST:1:2:5:25] --- I think you should have 4 items to type in values for high traffic, normal traffic, low traffic, restricted traffic... these numbers help you adjust how your dwarves attempt to path someplace by findind and using the lowest pathing cost based on the pathing cost of each square.  Once those values are typed in the LNP build the proper line to put into the proper init file.

How nicknames are handled could be a simple 3 button state.
Replace the first name (e.g.: "MagmaSafe" McMagmaTunnelDigger), centered between the first and last name (e.g.: Urist "MagmaSafe" McMagmaTunnelDigger), or replace all (only show the nick name).

Things that I think should be able to be altered in the init.txt via LNP
[MACRO_MS:150] --- an area to changing the 150 to what ever the user wants (0 is good for Quickfort)
[RECENTER_INTERFACE_SHUTDOWN_MS:0] -- again typing in a number value instead of 0, this effect how long it takes for buttons to start working when the system forcably moves your screen someplace else.

Has some effect on if the mouse does anything and how the mouse cursor os displayed
[MOUSE:YES] --- very limited clicking effects (effectively only lets you draw designations
[MOUSE_PICTURE:NO] --- use a BMP mouse course

What the windowed mode view will be in characters if numbers are less than 256x256 or pixels if numbers are 256x256 or greater
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
e.g.: 800x600 = an 800x600 pixel window, 80x50  = an 80 characters across by 50 characters down size window

how much the grid (80x50 characters displayed) is adjusted with each registered scroll effect of the mouse wheel.
[ZOOM_SPEED:10] -- some people might prefer 5 or maybe 20, but being able to type it in would be nice.

screen size in full screen mode, 0 tells the game to use the best one it can (best being relative to what it is programed to do) but you can set it to prefered resolution.
[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]

[GRAPHICS:NO] --- I assume this turns tileset on, so you are adjusting it somewhere
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWDX:0] --- be able to type in a better number than 0
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWDY:0] --- be able totype in a better number than 0
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0] --- be able totype in a better number than 0
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0] --- be able totype in a better number than 0
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES] --- probably doesn't need to be altered

Other things I would love to be able to change their default behaviour of but I can't find a setting to do that:
Restrictions from the O menu. e.g.: forbid fired arros, farms only harvest, refuse clean up outside, etc.

I realize I need to only set those once when I embark but my forts end in so much !FUN! all the time, I do this more than you might think.  So anyone happens to know how to adjust those default values, I would love to know myself.

GREAT TOOL, thanks for all your hard work thus far and any future hardwork you put into it
~ Torr

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

When selecting a site to embark on, just press 'f' and you can choose a custom site, perhaps one with no aquifers nearby and lots of metals :P

Its easier said then done though, good number of worlds before finding a good spot. Espicially with towers. Prime realistate is hard to come by now :P

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

Awesome, i have been waiting for this so i can start recording a new DFVIDTUTS series.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137