Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986917 times)

laijka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1590 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:49 am »

I think not.

OK, thank you.

Oh, and that would work the other way around as well? I can use the files downloaded from the Phoebus thread instead of the LNP ones with out anything screwing up?

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

I enjoy the ease with which LNP allows me to launch my supporting programs. However, it would be nice to be able to select the curses square 16x16 default tileset from the tileset menu.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

laijka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 26, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

I enjoy the ease with which LNP allows me to launch my supporting programs. However, it would be nice to be able to select the curses square 16x16 default tileset from the tileset menu.

Can't you just throw it in the graphics folder and it will appear?

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »

"Nothing was installed. Folder does not exist or does not have required files or folders."

What files or folders?
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 26, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »

You guys have any solution for vanishing text with TrueType? (other than turning TrueType off)

Tapping F12 (which toggles TrueType fonts) twice sometimes works.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

"Nothing was installed. Folder does not exist or does not have required files or folders."

What files or folders?

LNP expects a graphics folder to have a certain folder structure (basically the same structure as what you see in the rest of them) and expects certain files.
If you properly configure DF to use the tileset you want, and then copy your DF folder into LNP/Graphics, you should be able to switch between your configured tileset, and other tilesets.
While you can put in any graphics/configuration you want into LNP/Graphics, just using it to change tileset alone is probably more awkward then useful, and really its probably easier to manually change it yourself in the init editor at this time.
Ideally I'd program a separate drop-down menu which lets you select which tileset to use, independent of the graphics and colours and stuff, but I haven't had the time to do that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:15:56 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:09 am »

1. Replace the exotics button with an imigrant skill stripping button.
This would be a useless task, now that I read the latest Toady QA.  He has recently mentioned migration getting a complete overhaul.  Not sure what to replace that button with now.  *shrug*  I'm sure you can find something, LucasUP.  Take care, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

LastAngelGP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »

I have a problem a few days ago I downloaded the new lazy newb adv. pack. I started a new fortress and I had no problem, but then I transferred my saves from DF v 34.02. I upgraded the saves to the new graphics packs and when i continuedmy old save it shows me the massage: " Missing creature body definition : RCP_EYELIDS" and it stops the game Can you tell me how to fix that

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:36 pm »

I have a problem a few days ago I downloaded the new lazy newb adv. pack. I started a new fortress and I had no problem, but then I transferred my saves from DF v 34.02. I upgraded the saves to the new graphics packs and when i continuedmy old save it shows me the massage: " Missing creature body definition : RCP_EYELIDS" and it stops the game Can you tell me how to fix that

Create a file called "body_rcp_eyelids.txt" and put the following text into it:
Code: [Select]
body_rcp_eyelids

[OBJECT:BODY]

[BODY:RCP_EYELIDS]
[BP:L_EYELID:left eyelid:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:EYELID][SMALL][EMBEDDED]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:2]
[BP:R_EYELID:right eyelid:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:EYELID][SMALL][EMBEDDED]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:2]

Then just copy that file into the "raw\objects" directory of any of your save game directories.

Any v0.34.x saves using graphics packs prior to v0.34.05 will need this due to a fix Toady made for eyelids in that version.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 03, 2012, 12:03:51 am »

So I love lazy newb pack, posted that a few times, but one thing that still annoys me that is easily fixed is the completely useless tooltips for the different buttons, which could actually give useful information:

Tooltips that aren't helpful are one of my pet peeves. Like in Garrysmod you would have "Wire Tool" and the tooltip would say "Used to create wires". No really? But what does the wire do? Is there any special tricks with the tool gun? (Which there were but you had to find out on your own...)

If you do decide to improve the tooltips, I think the tooltips should be close to (but probably rewritten):

Economy (Button disabled, maybe?): Economy is not implemented in this version of Dwarf Fortress
Invaders: Disable to prevent periodic enemy invasions
Temperature: Disables tile-specific temperatures, increasing performance but reducing realism (Does this affect weather/biomes, too?)
Liquid Depths: Replaces water tiles with a number representing depth (1-7)
Cave-Ins: If enabled, unconnected structures will collapse
Child Cap: Maximum children / Percentage of Adults (It's explained after you click the button anyway)

Aquifers: Aquifers will not be placed during world-generation
Exotic Animals: If disabled exotic animals may be trained by any animal trainer (Recommended off, dungeon master is required otherwise but you cannot get a dungeon master in this version)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:49 pm »

Exotic Animals: If disabled exotic animals may be trained by any animal trainer (Recommended off, dungeon master is required otherwise but you cannot get a dungeon master in this version)

Still getting used to DF2012 from 31.25 here...  I just heard that supposedly with the revamp to animal training, no [PET_EXOTIC] workaround is needed (i.e. training dragons etc. is possible in unmodded vanilla, despite the lack of dungeonmasters)?  Is that correct?  If so, do we still need a button for it in LNP?

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 08, 2012, 08:41:38 am »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

yawa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:57 am »

So I love lazy newb pack, posted that a few times, but one thing that still annoys me that is easily fixed is the completely useless tooltips for the different buttons, which could actually give useful information:

Tooltips that aren't helpful are one of my pet peeves. Like in Garrysmod you would have "Wire Tool" and the tooltip would say "Used to create wires". No really? But what does the wire do? Is there any special tricks with the tool gun? (Which there were but you had to find out on your own...)

If you do decide to improve the tooltips, I think the tooltips should be close to (but probably rewritten):

Economy (Button disabled, maybe?): Economy is not implemented in this version of Dwarf Fortress
Invaders: Disable to prevent periodic enemy invasions
Temperature: Disables tile-specific temperatures, increasing performance but reducing realism (Does this affect weather/biomes, too?)
Liquid Depths: Replaces water tiles with a number representing depth (1-7)
Cave-Ins: If enabled, unconnected structures will collapse
Child Cap: Maximum children / Percentage of Adults (It's explained after you click the button anyway)

Aquifers: Aquifers will not be placed during world-generation

All of this. So easily fixed. The current tooltips are kind of amusing but stupid, and very frustrating for a genuine noob who this pack is supposedly targeted at. Even now that I know what all of these things do, they still annoy me. And don't even get me started on displaying "It's really easy" when you hit F1 for help. Whoever put that little gem in should be socked in the face.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:22 am »

I need to get more disk space and "fix some bugs" I guess. My "project" can wait...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Abysium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 11, 2012, 04:18:34 am »

Great stuff
been using LNP since first I found it, and im very happy with it

but:)

lessimportant:
-Tooltips do tend to kvasisuck, when im teaching n00bs to play I still have to explain most of the buttons, tooltips should do that to a certain degree

moreimportant:
-Even after I set a new instalation up, I still have to go manualy over init and d_init files to finetune some of the settings. I know theres the init utility thats supposed to help with that, but since half of the editing is allready done via the lnp gui, it seems redundant to run another utility just for that. It would be great if the lnp gui would cover the whole init and d_init changing process so I don't need to hunt down stuff like [EMBARK_RECTANGLE:3:3] and [SET_LABOR_LISTS:NO]

I know some of the settings are more obscure like SKY and CHASM, noone probably changes those, so they could be ommited or moved to a 'lessimportant settings' tab to reduce clutter in the gui
(i know that would make the dfinit utility redundant, but hey, thats progress:D)

my 2 cents

thnx again for the good work and hf
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 137