Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986929 times)

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V13] Finally!
« Reply #1800 on: June 18, 2012, 08:11:11 am »

IMO, Lazy Newb Pack should include optional mod to reduce the amount of tree types, body parts and clothing, to increase FPS on slow computers.
Like what Masterwork does.
I cannot stress enough how amazing it would be for LNP to include this.
This would be amazing. Or barring that, maybe someone with a bit more DF-knowledge giving some tips on how to implement it myself, after setting other options in LNP?

I see absolutely no reason for this.
This isn't Get Dwarf Fortress To Run On My Really Old PC Pack. :9

And I do see many reasons why it would be detrimental, the least of which is that it makes the game seem more simple than it really is, to the newbs.
Try to melt your iron leggings/grantlets/high boots/low boots brought from merchants/gathered from goblinite in stock menu which are mixed with tons of other XXcarpsXX then.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:13:37 am by cainiao »

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 18, 2012, 10:14:34 am »

My current fortress is experigncing siege and ambush faster than I can collect the goblinite and elf detritus (their civ is at war with mine on this world). Really harder keeping the FPS at decent levels despite running 50 plus dwarves full time collecting and magmafying. I would love anything that helped reduce this problem!

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

Try to melt your iron leggings/grantlets/high boots/low boots brought from merchants/gathered from goblinite in stock menu which are mixed with tons of other XXcarpsXX then.
When this becomes a problem for me, I hollow out a huge chamber and make it a stockpile that only accepts the goblinite, then have it use zero bins.  That way, I can just designate the whole pile for melting every so often and keep up the fires without spending hours tracking the goblinite down in lists.

As much as I love knowing that each sock has its own story and feelings, I never actually get around to assigning a squad standard-issue undergarments.  If there was a button I could push that would turn all the +large rope reed sock+ and XXllama wool shirtXX into -narrow cloth suit of clothes- and *silk suit of clothes*, I would probably push it.  I might even be okay making boots and gauntlets a single item, although that would hurt a bit in adventure mode.
I brake for stumble bumblings

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 19, 2012, 12:02:27 pm »

Has the new DFHack for 34.11 come out yet?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

My "Lazy Mod Manager" is going pretty well so far. It would be helpful if I could find documentation on the whole hierarchy of the tokens rather than trying to figure it out myself (as I'm doing now). The wiki page has a bit, but not a lot.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 19, 2012, 07:58:01 pm »

Has the new DFHack for 34.11 come out yet?

just a little while before you posted this, actually: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3385980#msg3385980
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:12 am »

I'm trying this once again, now that I graduated
Tirion has become an Engineer
after almost a year. Time to play vanilla dwarves, maybe with brainstem mod but not much else.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: June 20, 2012, 09:50:27 pm »

Grats!  Welcome back. 

Ya might wanna get Dwarf Therapist.  Latest one allows us to add troops to squads, making it better than Toad's uncollated recruit list.  Big time saver, when ya need to fill in dead slots.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:35 am »

after almost a year. Time to play vanilla dwarves, maybe with brainstem mod but not much else.

To add to what knutor said, there's also the Splinterz Dwarf Therapist (or are they the same thing now?  I'm not sure...) which lets you check attributes or sort by who is best suited for particular jobs.

If you're up for just vanilla, at least check out [Modest Mod](http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105871).  Without any of the optional modules installed, it's basically a patch that just fixes certain bugs/issues that seem to be typos / coding problems (like elephants starving to death faster than they can eat, or Elven diplomats no longer appearing etc.)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: June 22, 2012, 08:59:01 am »

To add to what knutor said, there's also the Splinterz Dwarf Therapist (or are they the same thing now?  I'm not sure...) which lets you check attributes or sort by who is best suited for particular jobs.

If you're up for just vanilla, at least check out [Modest Mod](http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105871).  Without any of the optional modules installed, it's basically a patch that just fixes certain bugs/issues that seem to be typos / coding problems (like elephants starving to death faster than they can eat, or Elven diplomats no longer appearing etc.)

I used to play genesis in the meantime, but now I say vanilla is harder. Also, more bugged- for whatever reason letters are disappearing in ones and twos in my units, combat reports and manager screen. Any idea why, and how I fix it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: June 22, 2012, 09:22:42 am »

Accent Removal?  Are they missing or just garbled strange characters? 

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:Accent_Removal

If they are missing, sounds like maybe the keybinds for mining or one of the other newer features are not linked, in the keybinds.  Scrolling up some, in this thread there are some fixes for that.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:54 am »

I have the same symptom (hopefully curable ;)).
Has nothing to do with accents, just normal letters disappearing here and there e.g., where is the missing "st" of my +goose egg roast+ ?

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:50 am »

Letters disappearing is due to TrueType, you may want to switch temporally to (ugly) normal text with F12, or attempts the zoom in/zoom out manipulation to cure it (or not). It's a known bug without yet solution.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:16 am »

Ok, thanks for the info.

It's not that dramatic anyway.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: June 23, 2012, 02:54:34 am »

DFHack for 0.34.11 released! Time to update, finally!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137