Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366595 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2010, 02:14:57 pm »

Ok seem to have fixed the flags being wiped out bug. The flags are stored in to 32 bit ints and only one of them was getting written back to DF, so effectively half the flags weren't working. So try any flags things that didn't work last time you tried again, since they may not have been written back :D

I really wish I'd done better testing before release now. Now uploading to the same link, v0.1.3 fixed flags (and forgot to modify the about box so it still reads 0.1.2)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2010, 02:28:35 pm »

Ok seem to have fixed the flags being wiped out bug. The flags are stored in to 32 bit ints and only one of them was getting written back to DF, so effectively half the flags weren't working. So try any flags things that didn't work last time you tried again, since they may not have been written back :D

I really wish I'd done better testing before release now. Now uploading to the same link, v0.1.3 fixed flags (and forgot to modify the about box so it still reads 0.1.2)

Don't worry, it doesn't matter when your updating everything as its spotted. Its probably better to release it over the weekend when you have time, because you wouldnt've found every bug here. If you think about it, you have all the people that dl it also looking out for bugs too. You did state its alpha, after all.

DKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2010, 02:34:13 pm »

If it's possible, could I request adding to the ability to edit dwarfs noble positions.

Dont think so, did a quick search on the memory.xml and has nothing todo with noble. Would have to work with DF hack for that.

Ah, I see. Regardless, I've been messing around with this and it's awesome. Great work sizeak.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2010, 03:48:38 pm »

A Linux build will probably be a few days (for anyone that cares). I also won't be able to fix any bugs for a day or 2 since I'm heading back to uni, so packing and stuff
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2010, 02:07:33 am »

Toady made a couple minor adjustments and upgraded to .08. Just thought you should know when you log back on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2010, 05:19:26 am »

To make this work for newer versions, dl the newest dfhack when its out and replace dfhack.dll and memory.xml
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:23:35 am by Coronel_Niel »

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2010, 08:53:33 am »

Looking forward to using this so that my military are actually quick enough to catch those fucking Job-cancellation Dark Gnomes.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2010, 11:35:59 am »

To make this work for newer versions, dl the newest dfhack when its out and replace dfhack.dll and memory.xml

Yup. I will try to keep the download up to date aswell
Looking forward to using this so that my military are actually quick enough to catch those fucking Job-cancellation Dark Gnomes.

Ahahaha annoying aren't they :D

Any more bugs?

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2010, 02:08:41 pm »

It has begun throwing out RSException at me whenever I start it.
I'm running 64bit windows vista if that helps.
no further information other than I recently updated.
just ran dwarf therapist to test the operating system's reluctance to run Runesmith, however it did work completely correctly.
updated dfhack, then removed the upgrade, it still doesn't work, but now I'm getting SHM access denied) no clue what that means
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:16:21 pm by jaked122 »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2010, 03:08:29 pm »

You replaced the dfhack.dll and Memory.xml? (Not the sdl.dll in the DF folder)

Edit: The pre-compiled version of DFHack doesn't appear to have been updated yet (unless someone has a link I don't). I'll build it from the repo and update the Runesmith download
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:16:34 pm by sizeak »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37:56 pm »

Download updated with DFHack support for .08

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2010, 03:53:23 pm »

Excellent! I've been looking forward to trying this out since I found out about it.  :D

EDIT: this will probably have been mentioned in the thread already and you're almost certainly aware of it, but trying to edit skill level or progress sets them to zero.

EDIT2: is this the 'flag wipe' mentioned earlier?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:30:34 pm by Old-one-eye »
ENRAGED

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2010, 05:07:25 pm »

Excellent! I've been looking forward to trying this out since I found out about it.  :D

EDIT: this will probably have been mentioned in the thread already and you're almost certainly aware of it, but trying to edit skill level or progress sets them to zero.

EDIT2: is this the 'flag wipe' mentioned earlier?

If you double click on the skill rating and type a new number in then press enter, or click off the skill it will set it to the new number. If you don't type anything then yes, it zero's it. I should probably fix this...

Are you on the newest version? (Help->About should read version 0.1.3) I thought I fixed flag wiping

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »

No, I'm on latest, I just confused, sorry. I was doing the skill editing wrong, trying to write 'Legendary [15]' instead of just '15' XD
ENRAGED

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2010, 06:13:19 pm »

:D No problem what so ever, I'm just glad there's such interest in it. I am now in constant fear of bugs though  :o
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106