Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366071 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #510 on: August 07, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »

Not a HUGE deal, but there is/was a memory leak when you would attach/detach from DF.

Thank god my laptop has 8 gigs of ram..

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 07, 2010, 04:44:03 pm »

Maybe a silly question: How do I increase a dwarf's skills currently not listed? For example I'd like to improve some social skills for my mayor (consoler), something he currently does not have at all.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 07, 2010, 05:25:34 pm »

You can't with any of the available tools because it involves increasing the size of a vector.

Just let him counsel someone once, and he will gain the skill and then you can max it out with runesmith.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 07, 2010, 06:58:14 pm »

You can't with any of the available tools because it involves increasing the size of a vector.

Just let him counsel someone once, and he will gain the skill and then you can max it out with runesmith.

Bingo!

Not a HUGE deal, but there is/was a memory leak when you would attach/detach from DF.

Thank god my laptop has 8 gigs of ram..

Hmm, didn't notice that, I'll have a look and see if I can find it. Not sure where it could be, as I make sure to delete all the creature's I new before I clear the vector or pointers... blarg. Won't be able to look at it till tomorrow evening as its 1am here and I have a 5 hour train journey tomorrow
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 07, 2010, 07:13:24 pm »

I think it is df hack that is doing it.

I had the same problem, but I didn't look too much into it.

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 08, 2010, 02:57:07 am »

I see. But how do I force a dwarf into counseling someone?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 08, 2010, 08:26:59 am »

Well, seeing as he's the Mayor, sooner or later someone will come to him complaining and he'll score some social skills then. Patience, young padawan.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 08, 2010, 08:51:26 am »

Hope your right Master Jod... MaximumZero. But my mayor managed to increase his skill in seven years by zero points. He's only making stupid demands.

As far as I know, mayor are elected by the number of friends they have, that means for example by their conversation skill. So maybe I could increase the conversation skill of some other dwarf prefering, prefering rocks and wood over some_minerals_I_don't_have, and have a happier mayor. That leads to the question how to raise the conversation skill of dwarf with only modest demands...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:56:21 am by Darkwhite »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 08, 2010, 09:02:21 am »

Well, consider this.

If his skill isn't increasing it is because he doesn't use it.

If he doesn't use it, what would increasing the skill level do? :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:35 am »

Hope your right Master Jod... MaximumZero. But my mayor managed to increase his skill in seven years by zero points. He's only making stupid demands.

As far as I know, mayor are elected by the number of friends they have, that means for example by their conversation skill. So maybe I could increase the conversation skill of some other dwarf prefering, prefering rocks and wood over some_minerals_I_don't_have, and have a happier mayor. That leads to the question how to raise the conversation skill of dwarf with only modest demands...

Turn off all of his labors and let him hang out in a meeting hall. Instant conversation skills!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2010, 09:41:17 am »

Good idea, I'll try that.

Well, consider this.

If his skill isn't increasing it is because he doesn't use it.

If he doesn't use it, what would increasing the skill level do? :D

:D *Laugh* great!
But hey, maybe he isn't using that skill because nobody wants to talk to him as he's such an dumbass having absolutely no social aka conversational skills?

Valygard84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:36 am »

Thanks for this awesome utility!
I managed to get RS running under Ubuntu Linux. Should work with most distributions though.
I hope I'm not to late. ;)

How to get Runesmith to work under Linux with wine:

What you need:
  • Installed wine (the one supplied by the Ubuntu repository [1.1.42] is fine)
  • Installed winetricks (should already be installed with wine)
  • Newest version of Runesmith (extract anywhere you like)
If everything is installed and ready, open a terminal and type:
Code: [Select]
winetricks vcrun2008Agree to the license agreement and click through the setup.
This will install all the needed runtime libraries for you. :)

Now all you have to do is open Runesmith. Happy Smithing!

FAQ:

1. I don't have winetricks installed. How do I get it?
Open a terminal, change into the directory you would like to download the winetricks script file to (it's only a single file) and type
wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks && chmod +x winetricks && ./winetricks vcrun2008This will do everything you need to get Runesmith running for you.
If you get an error like "Can't write winetricks" or something about permissions, you need to change into a directory you own.

2. How do I open Runesmith?
Either double click Runesmith.exe or change into the directory you extracted RS into and use
wine Runesmith.exe
Note: I tried using winetricks vcrun6 before winetricks vcrun2008. Might be needed, too. If it indeed is needed, please tell me so I can add it to this here guide. :)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

Should run without winetricks
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Valygard84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:49 pm »

Should run without winetricks

Not here... didn't work untill I used winetricks. Always complained about a lack of some ms vc dlls.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

So good to be back on my desktop, it builds SO much faster
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106