Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366576 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #600 on: August 19, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »

Hey.. i tried to use this tool to revive dead dwarfs... they redied immediately...  i have tried several times to coppy healthy dwarfs flags and such exactly.. but they bleed to death instantly on resume of the game...  am i doing something wrong or is this tool not for reviving my dwarfs?
Are you unchecking all the flags besides the healthy dwarf ones?

Unfortunately, when a dwarf dies, you'll notice that they are usually missing a limb or large body part (I've seen mostly "Upper Body".) This is true even for cave ins and drowning. The lack of an upper body causes them to simply fall back over dead, even if you reset all of their flags. AFAIK, not a lot is known about the way health works yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »

Since the caste changing doesn't work, I think a better description would be possibly gay hermaphrodite dwarves. I say possibly gay because I think it might be a grey area when it comes to hermaphrodites :S
so if we get a female dwarf swap to male save then would it transfer or will we get lesbians shooting spores into other lesbians and having Gay marriages?

The game changes all the tags to "Male" as far as relationships and visual effects go, but they are still treated reproductively as female. So, yes, you can have gay marriage, but no, there are no lesbian spores.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 20, 2010, 03:59:42 am »

Like Max said, to change the fully you need to change their caste. However sadly, this causes DF to crash, so we can't do full sex changes. In answer to the question of new release, I go away for a week next sunday and move house as soon as I get back so I need to get the new release out before next Friday. So unless there are any major problems, expect a release sometime in the next 7 days
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:01:58 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

I am not sure if you take suggestions for features, but would it be possible to have Runeforge set all of your dwarves happiness to a set number every X seconds?
Diggy diggy hole.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:24 am »

It's Runesmith, not forge. I do indeed take suggestions, but I make no promises. It's possible though you would notice DF stop responding every time it set it
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 20, 2010, 12:48:40 pm »

It would be easier to have a "lock" feature for happiness, no?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2010, 12:57:54 pm »

It would be easier to have a "lock" feature for happiness, no?

And how would that be implemented, other than setting the happiness every so often?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 20, 2010, 01:29:51 pm »

I have no idea. I have not started programming classes yet. I'm just throwing out suggestions.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 20, 2010, 01:33:41 pm »

I ready through the thread but maybe I missed it.  now we can set the flags to add a mood but like the first post says, Don't because they instantly go insane (at least mine did).  Then I read you were able to change what they asked for and what skill they used and I noticed we don't have that option.

tldr; Is the mood setting and editing in the next release?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 20, 2010, 01:44:16 pm »

Mood material editing is yes but you won;t be able to set mats on a dwarf who doesn't have a mood in order to try and initiate one, because internally the list of mats is stored as a vector and re-sizing these is one of those fun technical things we try not to attempt. Currently, if a dwarf has a mood, you can change it's type and it's skill, which is fine, however if you do this to a dwarf who does not have a mood, it will drive them insane.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 20, 2010, 02:24:50 pm »

Is there any other method to turn a mood on in a dwarf without causing insanity?  Insanity is the normal modus operandi of a dwarf but these are a little more mopy/violent then normal.

I think I was able to change the skill of a mood from bone carver to gem setter.  I'm not entirely sure if I did it in RS but I do have a diamond barrel now...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:00 pm »

Also, just so folks are aware, if you currently have a moody dorf who wants something you don't have, you can turn their mood off without driving them insane and let them be moody some other time.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »

Guess what kids? The new release just went off for some pre-release testing  :D

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 20, 2010, 03:55:20 pm »

Guess what kids? The new release just went off for some pre-release testing  :D
what does that mean today?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 20, 2010, 04:03:31 pm »

It means I just emailed a pre-release version to the person who is testing it for me. After he's had a few days to test it out and see if I've missed bugs, then I will release it to the public.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:29:51 pm by sizeak »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106