Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366564 times)

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »

Hell yes. Thank you man.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2010, 03:29:43 pm »

Awesome, thank you!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2010, 03:37:50 pm »

Just what I needed! Thanks Sizeak and Peterix.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Silentstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 15, 2010, 04:38:13 pm »

I'm trying to get this tool working for the first time.  However i'm running into some problems.  I kept getting an error that i'm missing a dll (msvcp100 i think), so i tracked that down and installed it, then i got another error for another dll.  I decided to not try and track down dlls one by one so i started reading this thread, however i'm finding the information is kind of dispersed throughout and i thought i would just ask.

what software is required in order to use runesmith, i read somewhere in the thread that it's based on Qt, i didn't know what that was, so i looked it up, the page for Qt is pretty developer-centric so i wasn't able to see what if anything i needed to install as an end user.  Also, i read somewhere that dfhack.dll and memory.xml need to be replaced.  I'm assuming that's in the dfhack folder.  But does memory.xml get replaced by memory-ng.xml,(form the Runesmith folder) or do i need to rename that.  Do all the files that come in the zip need to be put in the dfhack directory?  If all this is answered somewhere in this thread, i haven't found it yet, and i feel like this is stuff that should maybe be included in the first post. </ask nicely>

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 15, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »

Oh my god, thank you so much.

Falc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:45 pm »

Spelling error: animals are listed as 'Chanined'

Boes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 15, 2010, 06:17:36 pm »

I have run across the same error that silentstar was posting about.   the program was missing msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll,  I downloaded them and installed them.  I tried to run the program again and I am getting this error.   "The procedure entry point _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll."

I am thinking that it is a version conflict with the versions of these 2 files and what you had used when it was complied.  Any advise would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:20:07 pm by Boes »
Life has a 100% mortality rate.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 15, 2010, 06:47:39 pm »

forgot to say thank you earlier
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

SnoopBob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »

I'm trying to get this tool working for the first time.  However i'm running into some problems.  I kept getting an error that i'm missing a dll (msvcp100 i think), so i tracked that down and installed it, then i got another error for another dll.  I decided to not try and track down dlls one by one so i started reading this thread, however i'm finding the information is kind of dispersed throughout and i thought i would just ask.

what software is required in order to use runesmith, i read somewhere in the thread that it's based on Qt, i didn't know what that was, so i looked it up, the page for Qt is pretty developer-centric so i wasn't able to see what if anything i needed to install as an end user.  Also, i read somewhere that dfhack.dll and memory.xml need to be replaced.  I'm assuming that's in the dfhack folder.  But does memory.xml get replaced by memory-ng.xml,(form the Runesmith folder) or do i need to rename that.  Do all the files that come in the zip need to be put in the dfhack directory?  If all this is answered somewhere in this thread, i haven't found it yet, and i feel like this is stuff that should maybe be included in the first post. </ask nicely>
I have run across the same error that silentstar was posting about.   the program was missing msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll,  I downloaded them and installed them.  I tried to run the program again and I am getting this error.   "The procedure entry point _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll."

I am thinking that it is a version conflict with the versions of these 2 files and what you had used when it was complied.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Had the same problem, solved it by copying the Runesmith files into the Dwarf Fort folder.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 15, 2010, 08:00:01 pm »

ARG sorry about this, I switched to VS 2010 and I guess it's linked in some dll's I didn't realise. Will add them to download archive.

Edit: Added them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:35:14 pm by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 15, 2010, 08:18:45 pm »

Just wanted to say Thank You Sizeak.  Didn't realize how much I needed this tool until I didn't have it. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 15, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »

Just wanted to say Thank You Sizeak.  Didn't realize how much I needed this tool until I didn't have it.

I second that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knossos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 16, 2010, 02:19:28 am »

Many thanks Sizeak!

Have you ever considered paypal donations?

Boes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 16, 2010, 06:40:19 am »

ARG sorry about this, I switched to VS 2010 and I guess it's linked in some dll's I didn't realise. Will add them to download archive.

Edit: Added them.

Thanks,  for some reason it would not work on my machine with those 2 files, but once i had version numbers to compare to,  it was easy enough to get the vs 2010 redist package and install that.   I've uploaded the redist package to dffd so if anybody else has the problem they can get it and install it with less time spent searching microsoft's site.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3279

Thanks for all your hard work on this program.

/edit
If you end up getting an error about one of the dlls not being a valid windows application, then this file is what you need to install and then delete msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll in the runesmith folder.  After that it should work fine.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:42:30 am by Boes »
Life has a 100% mortality rate.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 16, 2010, 10:58:52 am »

Thanks for the update Sizeak!  One thing though - the update you posted will not work (by itself) with 64 bit Windows 7.  I believe you may not have included the 64 bit .dlls?  However after loading the 2010 C++ redist package posted by Boes it works fine.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106