Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366583 times)

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1095 on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »

Does it look like it has?

Soon, I'm sure.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 27, 2011, 05:44:53 pm »

I got it working, but when I try to connect, it says "SHM ACCESS DENIED"

anybody know what that means?

bumpbecauseofnoanswers.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

seanb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 27, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »

mud, you probably don't have answers because we don't have enough information to give you one. Runesmith isn't up to date, and therefore isn't working for ANY of us.

and you arn't 'bumping' anything when there are active conersations going on.

bertieb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 28, 2011, 02:17:00 pm »

I use it to give my military a couple levels in fighting skills, since training is so cripplingly slow and they get whittled down faster than they get trained up, even with armor.  That, and they throw hissy fits if they are on duty too long. 

A danger room trains dwarves sickeningly fast.

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 28, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »

I use it to give my military a couple levels in fighting skills, since training is so cripplingly slow and they get whittled down faster than they get trained up, even with armor.  That, and they throw hissy fits if they are on duty too long. 

If you make the danger room double as the barracks, so they spend all their time there, you can get dwarves that are legendary in (weapon), dodging, fighting, armor and shield in a year or two.
At that point they're pretty much invulnerable to most normal weaponry.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:02 am »

If you make the danger room double as the barracks, so they spend all their time there, you can get dwarves that are legendary in (weapon), dodging, fighting, armor and shield in a year or two.

Or you could just cheat to do it instantly, seeing as how you're exploiting the game either way.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 29, 2011, 02:20:00 am »

I only use it for legendary fisherman. You won't believe how much they can pull in.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 29, 2011, 03:48:45 am »

Or you could just cheat to do it instantly, seeing as how you're exploiting the game either way.

Now there's an interesting question.  If an exploit is being used to make up for an oversight in the game's mechanics, is it really an exploit?

Whether the military is really supposed to train that slowly is very subjective of course, but considering how fast a squad of six went legendary in 40d, (usually less than a year, as I recall) I'm guessing that it's supposed to be at least a little bit faster than it is now.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 29, 2011, 04:48:15 am »

If an exploit is being used, is it really an exploit?

Mmmmmmm... yes?  :P

Still, I don't think that military skills go up that slow, and technically if you're going to have your dwarves sit in a room doing nothing until they become legendary it doesn't seem much different from using Runesmith (barring the time it takes, of course).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 29, 2011, 05:02:07 am »

They're not really doing nothing, though, as any children or pets who spend time in there can attest.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 29, 2011, 07:07:57 am »

i cant figure out how to use mood material editing, can someone tell me where the tab for this is?

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 29, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »

Still, I don't think that military skills go up that slow, and technically if you're going to have your dwarves sit in a room doing nothing until they become legendary it doesn't seem much different from using Runesmith (barring the time it takes, of course).

If something I said is quoted, but my words are edited so they mean something else, am I still being quoted?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

If something I said is quoted, but my words are edited so they mean something else, am I still being quoted?

Nope!

And to the poster above him... Mood Editing is having a Mood(crashes). Got a Fey Mood needing thread... with !Mining! as the Labor... tried to switch to metalcrafting... and boom(crash). As for material editing... that's likely not remotely in... I tried everything ... in Runesmith and in game. Rabid Weaver still happened. Had to snuff him in Runesmith.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 29, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »

well the front page says that mood material editing is supported in runesmith but i cannot figure out how to use it.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

well the front page says that mood material editing is supported in runesmith but i cannot figure out how to use it.

As has been explained, altering moods is broken.  ANYTHING having to do with it, besides the aforementioned dead dwarf.  No current fix in sight.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106