Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Neo Dreams: Chronicles of Avarsiin. Pseudo Devlog.  (Read 58941 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Pen & Paper RPG. Reactions?
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:28 pm »

Link is broken for me, ser.

Edit: That may be the computer I'm on. I'll check it later.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:44:49 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr_Ham97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:19 pm »

Does this image work?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also do you read ASoIaF because I've seen you use "ser" several times now
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:54:53 pm by Mr_Ham97 »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2010, 04:35:36 pm »

Yes, that works. Awesomely. And no, I haven't, though I'd like to (thanks, Google!). I got it from Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2010, 02:46:02 pm »

If you ever want some test players, I'm an experienced DnD 3.5 DM with years of play under my belt.
Back to Mafia with me!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2010, 03:08:25 pm »

Thanks for the offer, and the interest. I'm not currently looking for any players yet, but I'll keep your name on the list for when it's time.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:34 pm »

Update!

I have all 100 curses done! Some of my favorites:

10)   This item squeaks quietly whenever you take a step, despite any attempts to silence it.

15)   This item summons an obnoxious, uncontrollable penguin which is enamored with you and despises all other members of your character’s party.

44)   There is something fishy about this item.
If held: The curse takes effect upon each drawing from a scabbard. There is a 50% chance that it will be a silver Bastard Sword that deals 2D10 extra damage because it is enchanted with the element of water. There is also a 50% chance that it will be a large halibut instead of a weapon, (Halibut have an attack power of 0.) This effect continues until either the end of three rounds or combat has ceased, whereupon the weapon disintegrates, and re-appears in the sheath. The weapon may not be re-sheathed or dropped before this effect wears off.
If worn: Upon wearing this item, the normal material turns to fish scales and it rots away to nothing over the next day. The armor in question has a power of 0.

82)   If held: For each round of combat this weapon is held, roll 1D10. If a 1 is rolled, this weapon attacks you for your normal damage with the weapon. Otherwise, the weapon has a power of -10.
If worn: For each round of combat this item is worn, roll 1D10. If a 1 is rolled, this item turns into a mass of suckered tentacles, and attempts to smother you. It fails to do any damage to you, however, you lose your action, and your defensive scores are all 0 for the remainder of the round.

96)   This item summons a large, angry, hostile Black Dragon to your location. Said Dragon is fixated on destroying your character.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2011, 05:35:57 am »

15: AWESOME.

It'd be nice if the fish still did SOME damage (does attack power override or complement a player's attributes?) so that you could get fish kills :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »

Attack power of a weapon is complimentary to the character's skill. So, yes, you could beat someone to death with a fish.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2011, 05:33:34 am »

ARGH! PENGUINS! PENGUINS EVERYWHERE! *runs around screaming*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2011, 12:37:08 pm »

That's kind of an inside joke. See, I have trouble saying the word. I usually replace it with the phrase "Small, flightless, black and white aquatic bird."

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2011, 12:57:03 pm »

Out of curiousity, why are the curses so specific? Will a cursed item never summon a large angry red dragon, or an enamored seal (as opposed to a penguin)? It takes some of the realism out of the game to have such a limited spectrum, at least for me.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:18 pm »

Mostly because I want to avoid having the DM/GM/Storyteller roll on another random table. If that's okay, though, I'll happily change it.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2011, 12:49:24 am »

It can't take more that thirty seconds to roll on a couple tables... but your rules could get very table-heavy, which impacts navigability. Totally up to you.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »

Mostly because I want to avoid having the DM/GM/Storyteller roll on another random table. If that's okay, though, I'll happily change it.

Random tables are bad, but so are effects that are incredibly specific. Instead try to create something that gives players and their DM a general idea of what the curse can accomplish. A good game system imo allows a lot of narrative flexibility while creating a sufficient groundwork for resolving conflicts in a fair manner. Saying something like, Curse #4523 causes monkeys to begin pouring out of your butt, doesn't make a great addition to a ruleset. Rather, it's a piece of fluff attached to a more comprehensive effect that let's DMs/Players come up with their own "animal comes out of orifice" curse. You create the building blocks, they create the fun.

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:16 am »

Indeed. That seems to be an oversight I made with a couple of the curses/blessings. Those are being revised. Thanks for your input, guys.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30