Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8580 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

OOC: You're in Ochita. I'll type out your start in a bit.

Turn 2 GM RP:

The red twilight has begun to wane, darkness is quite quickly wrapping the world in shrouds. The other soldiers which have survived have congealed into a crude grouping of crude grouping, those whose company were not completely destroyed group together for the familiar faces, while those who were not so fortunate choose one and assimilate. All the while, the few in command which have survived along with medics and soldiers assigned to logistics scamper between them as torches, which flicker ominously, particularly near the ocean, are raised with a few tattered tents. There is a growing sentiment, however, that this is not a good place to set up camp, if only because of the noxious fumes.

Spoiler: Character Inventories (click to show/hide)

Eisthin (Wolfchild):

(Charm roll: 2, Encounter roll: 86, Initiative roll: 3)

You ask a few of the other survivors if they wish to go hunting, though all of them are busy, injured, or simply unwilling. You decide to go alone.

You head further down the peninsula, toward the mainland. You keep your eyes keen and senses sharp, searching for anything which might be considered food or danger in this strange new realm. It's not long until you hear something feasting in a small crag, and move in to investigate. You look in and see a peculiar bundle of exposed organs, muscle, and veins held together by plates of shiny black armor, which only partially cover the creature. It appears to be alerted to your presence but does not seem to know exactly where you are. It also appears to be bleeding from a few places.

Nevyn Fenrock (Nevyn):

(Perception roll: 4, Danger roll: 2)

You see a man hacking his way out of a ship and decide to see if you can help him. However, by the time you reach the hole he's made he's already standing upon the beach and states his name at you, along with asking if you need help. You open your mouth and reply with, "Actually, I came here- OOO, SHINY!!" You're distracted from the conversation by a shiny glint in the hole beside you, which has so far typically been a harbinger of something of value. You scrabble into the hole, ignoring the look of peculiarity from... what was his name again? Ketchup? In any case it doesn't matter right now, there are shiny things to find!

You search for what seems like a good minute or two, and find nothing more interesting then a slithering tentacle near your feet, which stings of acid and squirms when you try touching it. Wait... aren't tentacles typically attached to something?

You notice slow movement coming from the submerged section of the ship, and comprehension of your own folly suddenly grips you as a giant, elongated cranium rises from the water. You make for the exit, but it is quickly covered by the very same tentacle you had touched not moments ago. As the head rises higher, two large eyes situated on opposite sides of it are revealed, one of which makes a very shiny glint not much unlike the one which dragged you... shiny- FOCUS!

Don Onil (Frelock):
Go back to the camp and begin administering medical supplies.
(Roll: 5)

You flawlessly hand out your bounty and even start helping the injured put them on. It's not long until the amount of blood red in the area has diminished considerably, and your men seem to be in somewhat better shape then before.

Ochita (Starting roll: 6 (lucky bastard) Just remembered, it's supposed to be a d10, not a d6 Re-roll: 7. Still a lucky bastard.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:10:58 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2010, 03:17:39 am »

I'm going to be without internet for an uncertain period of time, if it takes too long have me fight sensibly, or run away if it gets bad, or have me try to gain controll of the beast, if things get so you cant figure what i would do, nevyn is a rl friend of mine and is authorised to post for me, after phoning
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2010, 05:40:47 am »

problem not as bad as i had feared, just assume if i have not posted in 24 hours i gots problems

Action: Since it knows im there, furthur sneaking is fruitless, attack it, aiming for a vulnerable point, my goal is to get it while it does not know where i am, haste is of the essence here
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2010, 08:22:35 am »

(OCC: I'm having a bit of difficulty in writing Ochita's starting situation...

Eisthin (Woflchild):

(Speed roll: 3, Dodge roll: 6)

You charge at the thing, and immediately a skull-like appendage which you assume is the head darts full circle around, staring right at you with empty sockets. You stab at them without hesitation, and the thing recoils just after your spear makes contact, though it makes no indication that it had felt pain. As it decouples itself from the similar lump below it, definition begins to come into the creature and you recognize it as a muscly quadruped. You attempt another stab, but it is countered by an incredibly quick reaction, which very quickly becomes an equally quick attack.

Your spear happens to be in just the right place for you to block the thing before it manages to strike fully, though you receive your first taste of pain as its rending claws tear into your arm as if it wasn't even there. You attempt to bring up your spear to thrust again, but before you manage even halfway the mutilated corpse which the thing had been feasting upon suddenly strikes at the creature with unnatural speed. The two are soon tearing at each other, no, not merely tearing, but rending each other limb from bloody limb, taking chunks from each other which would instantly stop any other creature you have seen so far.

The entire ordeal is over in less then ten seconds, and in the chaos of flailing blood and gore you lost track of where one creature ended and the other began. You think they had managed to destroy each other in their blood lust, coating the walls and floor with the shredded remains of their opponent, when suddenly a mangled, bleeding half-body which you had thought before was nothing more then a still-twitching pile of organs stands upon two shredded legs, seemingly with no additional effort. It stares at you with a rent, shiny black skull of empty eye sockets, though besides this it does nothing.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2010, 08:36:54 am »

oooooo shiiit

Action: Ready for the charge, specifically so it runs into my spear, spear's but is braced on ground. also try to summon up some "lunar" energy (my character still thinks its that, just through another source, if it is still lunar feel free o tell or not as you decide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 09:19:15 am »

Uh oh. My "friend" seems to be taking a bit long in there...maybe I should of warned him of the, uh "hallucination". Oh well. I hope he gives the monster indigestion. Onward!

I find a high point and see if I can find any sign that our forces have made some kind of camp. If I can, I make my way there and see what the situation is, as in how many people we have left, our supplies and who's in charge.

Edit: Also, try and clean off my crossbow when I get the chance. My baby needs love.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:22:08 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 10:06:58 am »

Dwarmin:

OOC: The ships all crashed within eyesight of eachother, and the beginnings of the camp are barely 300-400 steps away.

Wolfchild:

(Roll: 5)

You quickly brace the butt of your spear upon the ground and ready yourself for the thing's inevitable charge. It continues to stare at you, doing nothing save bleed profusely. After quite awhile of staring, it bends down its knee and lays down, as if it were merely falling asleep. After a moment of comprehension, you seize the opportunity to stab it in the neck. It claws at you drunkenly, though with enough force to nearly knock your spear out of your hand. You stab at it again, this time the retaliation is considerably weaker. You take out your spear, and suddenly it hits you that the creature you are stabbing has been rended to literal shreds, over two-thirds of its body are strewn across a 12-foot radius, and has lost so much blood that little more then drops remained, and it was still not dead yet. This was surely quite a formidable creature... and the thing it was eating appeared to be of its own kind, meaning there were more of them.

You decide to leave the living part of the creature be, and start collecting the torn bits scattered across the crag, many of which twitch as you touch them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2010, 11:48:37 am »

Report to the command tent for duty, with a status report on my men.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:31 pm »

(OCC: You already know how all your men are doing, do you mean everyone else?)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »

(Why is my start hard to do?)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:38 pm »

(OOC:sorry about the lack of posting, have had the last exam of semester and an assignment to do....)

*Nevyn turns to look back at the creature when he finds the hole has been covered. Seeing the octopus like head rising out of the water, he just shakes his head and hefts his axe.* Better kill it before it tries to attack.... *he thinks*

actions: attack the creature, aiming for the head, towards the left eye......

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2010, 06:59:16 pm »

well this is verry odd

Action: Cart the meat back to camp, at the same time try to gain controll of my magic once more, the beast will not stay passive forrever

edit: oops that is next turn
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:23:47 pm by wolfchild »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »

(OOC: Yes, inform the commanders how my men are doing, and look up the status of everyone else, see where we are needed, et.ced.  Standard "checking in" operation.)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2010, 11:22:59 pm »

Ochita:

(OOC: Mainly because of procrastination, though also because you started juuuust after the start, and I can't decide if I should use the same time period for you as everyone else or not. It would probably be better to just write it.)

A black void, shapeless and indefinite, as far as the eye could see. An infinite unknown, yet somehow it did not seem at first like something to be feared. Then, the darkness shook. It reverberated with echos of primal terror and fear, of pain and suffering unimaginable, of starving hunger never to be satiated, of parching thirst never to be quenched, and as the echos grew louder and louder the void itself seemed to take on the shape of these screams. The voices twisted and undulated like a tempest ocean, complete chaos, and yet as they grew louder still it seemed almost as if a pattern could be found somewhere within it. Although at first it was vague, unnoticeable to all but the most trained eye, this pattern grew in definition, until its terrible form could at last be recognized. A face, congealed of the infinite terror and pain of countless voices, its every inch screaming with horror and agony. And it grew closer, then closer still, then just as it was about to engulf you in terror...

Thump
Hard wood floor.
"Mmmmmpph..."
Ochita rolled himself over and stared at the unlit room above him, the only dim, red light coming from a small hole he had dug and filled with glass on the course of this journey. His heart thumped within his chest, sweat dribbled downward as if a downpour was raining upon him.
A nightmare... Or, was it? It seemed so real...
He brought a hand up to his nose and felt something warm and liquid.
Blood.
He groaned again, keeping the hand there as he attempted to pull himself upward, at first unsuccessfully, then just barely the second time. He snapped his fingers and suddenly a blue and green fireball burst from his fingers and roared upward, breaking upon the roof and sending snaking, unnatural patterns of flame across it. He stared at this in bewilderment, his immediate reaction being to attempt to extinguish the flames though that proved unnecessary as the flames burned themselves out, with no apparent effect on the wood. Again, darkness, though he knew the room well enough to find the door and open it.

It was not long before he discovered what had happened, and why he had fell out of bed and got this bleeding nose. The ship he was on, a large white ship made mostly of the infamous (at least, to the humans) songbone, had been forced to make a rather rough landing, and it was discovered immediately afterward that songbone is apparently rather vulnerable to this ocean's acidity. He looked out at the wasteland before him, and thought,
This is where my mother's ancestors lived once, a not all that long ago...
Comprehension of this came slowly, and he soon found himself picking among his belongings and unloading them, almost all of which were undamaged.

(OOC: Any particular things you'd like in your inventory, staffs, weapons, baubles, heirlooms, etc.? I won't put you at too much of an advantage to the other players, though you can have one or two shiny things if you wish.)

Nevyn:

(Attack roll: 1, Dodge roll: 1 (oh shit) Magic instability roll: 63)

You draw your sword and charge, tripping over a dented and misfitting armor someone had left lying around. You are immediately set upon by writhing tentacles which burn as they touch you. You try to hack them away and succeed in doing so for a few, though the second one sprays you with acidic purple blood which causes you shriek and writhe in agony. The tentacles envelop you and you feel yourself being dragged toward the water.
no... No... NO!

Your subconscious reaches inward, plunging into the infinite labyrinths of the soul and begins twisting them in desperation. You feel a power radiate within you, the heart its epicenter, and on instinct you release it outward, charging it with a violent will. You hear an eldritch scream as the tentacles recede and you manage to stumble upon your legs and grab your sword despite the searing pain. You feel another pain now too, but you ignore it.

Frelock:

(Roll: 1 (wha, wha whaaaa))

"The situation? You want to know what our situation is? WE'RE IN FUCKING HELL, THAT'S WHAT OUR SITUATION IS!!!"
The officer paces around the flagpole which had been designated as the command tent. There were only five others beside you and the officer, none of which had a rank higher then Sargent. You venture to ask,
"Well, I still have a few men who can still use their feet, including myself. Perhaps there's something we could do to help?"
The officer brings a stressed hand to his face and brings it downward slowly.
"We need to find a better place to set up camp, and we need to know what's nearby, especially food and drinkable water. If you can calm down the horses, there's a precious few which I can give you, but we've been trying to do so for hours and the damned things have nearly cost us five good men."

Dwarmin:

(Roll: 4)

You walk over to the grouping of men about 400 paces away and begin asking around for what the overall situation is, though you hardly need to ask and several of the soldiers give you snarky or sarcastic responses. Things are bad, barely one-eighth of the army has survived and of those nearly a third were severely injured. On top of this, there are already stories of men going mad with little to no warning and attempting to kill as many others as they can before running off on all fours into the wilderness, of stygian creatures with seemingly supernatural abilities tearing men to literal ribbon before they even hit the ground, and of enchanted items going haywire and doing things they should not be able to, often to the detriment of those around it.

You do manage to find a small pool of water in a shaded crag which burns only mildly when you touch it, and through dipping your crossbow in and thrashing it around manage to get it passably clean at the expense of only mild discomfort.

(OOC: I think I got everyone... did I?)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:17:34 am by abculatter_2 »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2010, 01:54:48 am »

(You got me at least)

Hmm, well sir, I've got a few men that can stand.  I'll take them out on a scouting expedition.  But first let's have a look at those horses.

See if I can calm the horses down.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11