Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1572244 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #3180 on: January 25, 2011, 03:30:59 pm »

Things have been messy lately -- last few days, including today, are going to be marred running around trying to fix up Zach's broken computer, and I'm sitting on a hundred emails.  I should have a beekeeping devlog up within the hour though.  A vacation would be nice, and I'll announce it if I finally get a chance for one, he he he.

Probably way too late and old news but I wonder how many computer techs live in Washington that would happily fix the Adams' computers at cost, if not just completely for free.

Although it would probably be very hard to resist searching through the computer for a dev version, or hooking the drive up to a tech station with a data recovery program to look for deleted dev versions... 

Huh... I probably single-handedly convinced Toady to never take his computer to a tech shop.

If I still lived there (I am in Virginia now...go figure) I would have that thing fixed before it was broken lol

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #3181 on: January 25, 2011, 04:03:20 pm »

High five fellow Virginian  :D

Actually at the moment I am getting snowed under on Cape Cod with my grandmother. It'd be a perfect day for DF if I had a computer more powerful than a 1.2ghz netbook with me. Technically playable, but it gets too slow too soon. It's also a really cramped keyboard.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 25, 2011, 04:05:16 pm »

Try some adventuring. ;)
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 25, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »

High five fellow Virginian  :D

Actually at the moment I am getting snowed under on Cape Cod with my grandmother. It'd be a perfect day for DF if I had a computer more powerful than a 1.2ghz netbook with me. Technically playable, but it gets too slow too soon. It's also a really cramped keyboard.

That sucks! its just starting to get a bit warmer here (in Virginia Beach)...which I am very glad about...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 25, 2011, 11:15:52 pm »

Don't dwarves have IR vision anyway? That should alleviate the need for a while  :P

Right, and a really good sense of smell and laser vision. (heh)
Toady hasn't added anything to do with light perception other than glowing eyes in the dark, it's been made pretty apparent that we shouldn't go by other fantasy worlds as an indication of where things will go.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #3185 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:56 am »

Don't dwarves have IR vision anyway? That should alleviate the need for a while  :P

Right, and a really good sense of smell and laser vision. (heh)
Toady hasn't added anything to do with light perception other than glowing eyes in the dark, it's been made pretty apparent that we shouldn't go by other fantasy worlds as an indication of where things will go.

Of course dwarves don't have a keen sense of smell... they have to put up with THEMSELVES after all...

Just saying, it would only make sense that a cave-adapted species would have better infrared than us sunlubbers. After all, even your typical digital camera can see into the very near IR.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:19 am »

I wonder if elves can see UV light...
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:20 am »

Well kobolds can see atleast infragreen. 
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #3188 on: January 26, 2011, 01:23:56 am »

Well kobolds can see atleast infragreen.

You mean... yellow?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 26, 2011, 01:29:49 am »

huh? What do i mean?

Proud to be a Furry.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38:03 am »

Yellow is pretty much directly below green in the visible spectrum. So yeah, infragreen would be yellow.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:56 am »

Gflex you combo breaker ;) that was just a bit Wow humor. Too geeky?

Also the term infra green appears in the green hornet but i fear this discussion gets out of hand. Again by me. Seriously i do that just by accident - if not thinking counts as such.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:01:47 am by Heph »

Proud to be a Furry.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 26, 2011, 02:04:08 am »

Gflex you combo breaker ;) that was just a bit Wow humor. Too geeky?

I didn't get the joke; not everybody plays WoW.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:48 am »

Neither do i ....

Proud to be a Furry.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 26, 2011, 03:14:54 am »

I wonder if elves can see UV light...
Elves can see megapurple... it is the colour of candy. :p
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 342