Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Evil Genius  (Read 34496 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2010, 03:27:44 am »

The Samurai's maxed out eviscerate will one shot every super agent short of the Bond agent. (I forget his name atm.) I know he can take down the American agent and everyone below him. So I just keep him locked in a room, and TP him out to assassinate Super Agents. After three or four of those, they go home. 
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2010, 04:14:49 am »

Maxed out? I thought you could only unlock them? How do you level them up again?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2010, 07:16:02 am »

By maxed out, I mean his level. Evis's damage is relative to that.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2010, 09:03:59 am »

Surely that idea would fail anyway seeing as if there is one tile agents can't access, they seem to be able to tunnel around your entire base, not just into the inaccessible section.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2010, 04:37:29 pm »

Surely that idea would fail anyway seeing as if there is one tile agents can't access, they seem to be able to tunnel around your entire base, not just into the inaccessible section.

Actually there are other rules with that (or glitches) as well as I have seen other units (only Ninjas and one super agent) tunnel.

However you can predict where they will go in advance and prepare by boobytrapping it.

That is what I did with my one dead end hallway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2010, 09:50:53 am »

After reinstalling the game and re-reading this thread, I was reminded to comment on something else.

Here's a handy glitch...
After unlocking the map on the first island and then are told to capture the main... Don't...
You can throw all your minons into the world, pilfer millions and billions of dollars and still not be attacked due to the fact you have no real defence yet so the game don't send agents, though of course after you do, prepare to have agents gallor pour through your doors....

This is pretty much a terrible idea. It seems great, at first, except for one thing. You're notoriety rating. The rating is actually a bigger predictor of the agent types that show up on your island than heat. It's ALSO the meter that controls the introduction of Super Agents.

So sure, it seems great milking the world for all it's cash, but you get more than just higher level agents storming the island once you advance the storyline. You get multiple super agents arriving at once at a time when you're far from being able to remove them. It's a pain in the ass, and I ruined my first game trying to be clever. I really wouldn't recommend using this "glitch". It's never going to be worth it, since a) you have to abandon the first island and b) there is a cap on how much cash you can take with you to the second island. The only thing using this method does, is in the long run, is saddle you with all the Super Agent active while you're trying to build the 2nd base.

The optimal strategy is to keep your notoriety to the absolute minimum until you reach the second island. That buys you oodles more time, and money, to build up before your notoriety peaks and Jet Chan arrives on the scene.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:37 am »

You have something odd going on if your notoriety is rising from having minions stealing on the world map, as I have never once had a notoriety increase from stealing. If you follow the steal before the maid tactic, then your heat will increase to maximum but you can safely just remove all your minions from stealing and wait for it to die down before capturing the maid without any problems.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2010, 11:34:02 am »

Yeah, you've got it wrong dude. Stealing cash doesn't increase notoriety at all.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2010, 11:43:08 am »

You're right. In my last game I was doing all sorts of stuff while still not interrogating the made. My notoriety shot up since I had many workers out in the field, and when I proceeded with the main quest, at like I dunno, 125 notoriety...things blew up rather quickly. In that game I think I was 250+ notoriety before I even really got into the meat of the first island.

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2010, 01:54:10 pm »

Sigh. I must just have to play this again, and keep up the courage to finish it this time. I think both playthroughs resulted in me getting very close to building the giant rocket and then ending the game out of frustration for the domination map.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:02 pm »

You got trashed from just having 125 notoriety?

I'm at 125 now and only getting burglars and investigators, the burglars only really started turning up since I started stealing super loot. Of course I am playing this game very carefully, non-lethal traps making sure all the investigators leave with 0 heat and making sure I send out plenty of social minions when doing completing AoI. Aside from one mistake when I maxed it out I haven't yet had my heat go above 50% for any region.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2010, 03:28:11 pm »

Was more the shift from 125 to beyond...because of all the notoriety you rack up doing the main quest stuff, my total when leaving the first island was huge. And when you hit the second island, the kid gloves come off. It was pretty abrupt, but also my first game, so I didn't know about optimized base design. Still, the consequences for notoriety are sort of sneaky, especially when you're milking the early game not realizing where it can land you. (No base on the second island with all five super agents inbound.)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »

Perhaps you mean heat instead of notoriety? Really, notoriety should not build up when only stealing...

Also a good idea when you use that glitch: you can use "planning" as well. It builds up, so all missions for all regions are uncovered. Most missions only uncover during a certain part of the storyline, but since you already "planned" 100% of an area, they instantly become visible.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

The only time I completed this game, I edited some INI or script file and changed the maximum amount of minions you could have. I found out that I could never have enough of all types of minions to complete all missions in the later stages... it was too annoying, having to get them killed if you needed another mercenary and created too many valets, or having lots of quantum physicists to find out you need a ton of technicians...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2010, 04:27:22 am »

Re: Hotel. It's an expensive way to keep 1/3rd of tourists out of the base. The problem is this: wherever your base entrance is, it's probably there to make your life easier and to get your minions and money inside sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, that applies to tourists too. If there is a direct line from the docks to your real base entrance, chances are many tourists will choose the base as the first place to visit when they arrive.

Here's how you do it then. Build LOTS of hotels. Lots and lots and lots. Like 5, at least. Don't pimp them out. Just build them, stick one dance floor or some benches in there, and build another. Scatter them around the island, but make sure to put one at each dock first.

Reason is this. Tourists will only spend a set amount of time in a single hotel. Then they will go out and explore. However if there are multiple hotels, tourists will spend time in more than one (if they walk by it), until they use up their vacation and head home.

Heh, money gets pretty easy to get in the mid of the game, when you really upgrade your henchment, so this is what I do. I'm not sure, but I think tourism lowers your heat a little. Haven't played the game in a long time, but I was slightly happy at having more tourists for some reason.

After reinstalling the game and re-reading this thread, I was reminded to comment on something else.

Here's a handy glitch...
After unlocking the map on the first island and then are told to capture the main... Don't...
You can throw all your minons into the world, pilfer millions and billions of dollars and still not be attacked due to the fact you have no real defence yet so the game don't send agents, though of course after you do, prepare to have agents gallor pour through your doors....

This is pretty much a terrible idea. It seems great, at first, except for one thing. You're notoriety rating. The rating is actually a bigger predictor of the agent types that show up on your island than heat. It's ALSO the meter that controls the introduction of Super Agents.

Oh, yeah, I used to do that glitch too... then everyone agreed that it was an exploit. I avoid it now.

It made the game a bit less fun too. I think it brought in some ridiculously overpowered agents too early in the game, even if you let the heat die down. It doesn't make super agents come in sooner, but I think if you steal way too much money or something, they get really pissed with you even after the heat dies down. Of course, the regular agents are nowhere near as tough as the super agents.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:32:16 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16