Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]  (Read 103164 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]
« on: July 31, 2010, 06:55:07 am »

What Is Pokethulhu Orange?
P.O is a Quest set in the Lovecraftian-inspired world of the Pokethulhu. While inspired by the free RPG game, it is not as satirical or light-hearted in concept. It hopefully inherits every terrifying possibility that comes when combining the world of Cthulhu and Pokemon.

While there are vague concepts and plot points to progress toward in this game, how exactly we get there - and if we get there at all - is entirely up to you, the reader. Make suggestions, solve puzzles, question and postulate meanings and stories - anything! But remember, as a Quest - not an Adventure - this is intended as more serious, less 'lolrandom'. Stupid for the sake of stupid doesn't fit the tones of the story, and I reserve the right to ignore suggestions that make no sense and do nothing to contribute to the plot, theme, and mood of a scene.

Story Summary
It started off fairly slow. You check your email to find a couple of odd responses, and then engaged in a little horticultural best practice. You went downstairs to find your mother in as cheerful a mood as ever, and she requested your aid in finding a fresh pack of cigarettes. You eventually found some buried in a house plant - your Mother's attempts to grow a 'cigarette tree' had failed miserably. Attempting to console yourself with a spot of video gaming, you were frustrated when your game glitched up with strange images of a woman. You then decided to head downstairs and give Mother her cigarettes - only to discover she was gone, and in her absence, a note.

It looks like she couldn't take saying goodbye and skipped out. You decided to have a look around town and met the Malus family - although only Rebecca bothered to give you her name. She, her Fat Husband, and his Old Hag Mother are in Solton, hoping that Old Hag Mother can die there in peace. You decided to try and catch up with your mother, but first went to Professor Willow's Laboratory to start your Pokethulhu journey.

Things then took a decidedly strange turn. You saw things beyond description. Memories. Feelings beyond the edge of forever. And then... darkness.

The voices surged and then the darkness left. You found yourself in bed at home, being lectured by Professor Willow. You gathered your things and went outside to try and get a sense of place and time. You found Rebecca's cellphone, but when you tried to return it to her husband, he insisted that he wasn't married.

You entered Willow's lab and were given the choice of three Pokethulhu to start your journey with.

Quick Links to Updates

Session 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Session 2: 6, 7, 8 (animated), 9, 10, 11, 12 (animated).
Session 3: 13 (audio), 14, 15 (audio).
Session 4: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:48:13 pm by Dasleah »
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 0]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 06:56:54 am »

Hello there! Welcome to the world of POKETHULHU! My name is WILLOW. Some people call me the Pokethulhu Prof!

These naive fools are the first to die.

No-one truly knows when POKETHULHU first came to our world. We do know that at some point, in our now forgotten past, our world was clean and pure. But the Powers Beyond saw our peace as blasphemy, our happiness as sin, our lives and loves as ultimate affronts to the eternal maddening black of eternity - and so, POKETHULHU were sent to live amongst us.

For tens of thousands of years, we have paid for every human soul a thousand times over in blood. Every day our hollow screams pay tribute to creatures beyond the geometries of possibility. They look down upon us as nothing more than sacks of WET MEAT - but meat they can use. Meat they can fashion. And in turn we have tried to fashion and shape their instruments - what we call POKETHULHU. Some die trying.

They are the lucky ones.

Today is your tenth birthday. The acclimation of NERUXITHAS, THE BLACK STAR has determined your path in life - you are to be a POKETHULHU CULTIST. You are to spend your life rattling against the black cage of life and prove yourself strong enough to control the POKETHULHU in the hopes you will find a way to transcend our madness.

Now - erm, what was your name again?

>_

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 1]
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:58:24 am »

Johnny Shotgun.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:09:36 am »

Black
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 07:09:58 am »

Red. Red Wood.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 07:12:47 am »

Amber Malum.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 07:16:56 am »

Justicefist
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:28 am »

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:42 am »

Johnny Shotgun.

Black

Red. Red Wood.

Amber Malum.

Ah yes. You're young Johnny Blackwood. You've lived here in Solton nearly all your life? You and your mother, Amber. Ever since... well. I don't need to tell you your own history, do I? Let's just hope you don't turn out like he did and leave it at that.

So this is where the end of it all begins.

I'd wish you luck if I thought there was any left in the world.

So, Johnny. Time to wake up.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 2]
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 07:23:22 am »

First things first. Check emails.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 07:25:10 am »

Play Mass Effect 3 and tell me if it's any good.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 07:25:44 am »

Yeah, check your emails. Making sure to take the potion (or whateevr other monstrosity) is in it.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 07:30:50 am »

Yeah, check your emails. Making sure to take the potion (or whateevr other monstrosity) is in it.

Pokethulhu. We all know whatever substitutes a poison is too powerful for us to use. Unless, of course, we were to infuse ourselves with the power of a Great Old One. But that's just silly dreaming, right?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 07:33:01 am »

Turn off the TV. The static is disconcerting.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 07:33:38 am »

Turn off the TV. The static is disconcerting.

I assumed that was the Star Map of the new Mass Effect game. Hence, play it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27