Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 488824 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
[ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:00:43 am »

Spoiler: Blurb (click to show/hide)

Author's Note: I highly recommend using the consolidated updates below to read the story - I switched hosting from Imageshack halfway through the game because they weren't properly loading the image files, and only the consolidated updates have been switched to the Photobucket account.

Consolidated Rounds: (chapters, effectively)
Rounds 1~3.
Round 4.
Round 5.
Round 6.
Round 7.
Round 8.
Round 9.
Round 10.
Round 11.
Round 12.
Round 13.
Round 14.
Round 15. (in two parts)
Final Round 16. (in three parts)
Epilogue.

If you liked Adventure Guy, check out Border Guard.

There's a wee bit of fan-art, so I'll post it here. Warning - these will spoil some things if you haven't read AG before.

Spoiler: Fan Art (click to show/hide)

Awake.

Uhhhhh...

Your head is killing you, but at least the room's stopped spinning.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:05:53 pm by Retro »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:23:56 am »

Improve quality of drawing, perhaps to the point were i can make out were i am
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 04:28:33 am »

I can see just fine. We don't know where we are because of the perspective.
Stand up slowly so as not to fall over and put hat back on head, but slightly askew in a relatively sexy-yet-trying-too-hard manner. This is vital.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:30:42 am »

Improve quality of perspective, perhaps to the point were i can make out were i am

Sorry, you do draw superbly. All i could make out was the hat, though.

It is a beautiful hat.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:34:49 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:36:00 am »

Stand up slowly so as not to fall over and put hat back on head, but slightly askew in a relatively sexy-yet-trying-too-hard manner. This is vital.

You push yourself up and make sure to re-adjust your hat accordingly. An adventurer who isn't dapper isn't an adventurer at all. It is the finest hat around, and you've had it as long as you can remember... though at the moment you can't remember anything. Like your name. Or where you are.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 04:37:13 am »

Stroke hat lovingly.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:53 am »

Commit idolatry with that idol over there in the most suggestive way possible.

And, uh, examine surroundings.

I think I am going to love this one.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stroke hat lovingly.

You wouldn't dare! A true hat stroke can only be given in the comfort of one's own home at the end of the day. An adventurer never removes his hat on the job.

Commit idolatry with that idol over there in the most suggestive way possible. And, uh, examine surroundings.

You examine the cave you're in. Some sort of ornate door is beside you, and a dark passage a little further. At the far end of the cave is a strange wall with runic markings, and on the floor is a circular indentation. Behind you is a pile of rocks and rubble - presumably from a cave-in, which would explain how you got knocked out, and why you don't seem to remember anything.

A one-eyed idol sits in an alcove between the two passages. You feel an urge to suddenly worship it, but it's a little bit too creepy. Besides, you always feel guilty about selling precious artifacts after you've grown attached to them.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:42 am »

Enter the door. Dark tunnels are SCARY! D:
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:38 am »

Enter the door. Dark tunnels are SCARY! D:

You move to enter the door, but it refuses to open. In fact, you're not really sure how to open it. Overly-elaborate markings line it, with images of strange eye-people kneeling and all that sort of archeological crap. In the center is a big giant sun drawn as a spiral. Upon closer inspection, the spiral seems to be a deep but narrow indentation, and the outside end of the spiral has a funny looking hole in it.

The eyedol examines the door too. It is kind of wigging you out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:14:37 am »

Punch idol in the nose to establish superiority and make an early start on the inevitable MS Paint Adventures references.

And, stick a small thin object in the hole part of the spiral and move through the spiral, following the curves. See if that does anything.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 05:39:38 am »

Draeb a as llodeye eth raew, tnemchatta eth tsiser to etal oot is it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 05:53:33 am »

Punch idol in the nose to establish superiority and make an early start on the inevitable MS Paint Adventures references.

The eyedol doesn't appear to have a nose. Its entire head appears to be one big ol' eye. Still, he's asking for a serious poking.

Smile, motherfucker!

Huh?

The room suddenly begins shaking. What kind of lousy adventurer are you?! You never pick up an idol without being prepared for the ancient countermeasures!

You quickly put the idol back, twist its eye back into the horizontal position, and move to the other side of the room. The shaking stops. You apologize and promise to leave it alone.

...For now.

And, stick a small thin object in the hole part of the spiral and move through the spiral, following the curves. See if that does anything.[/b]

You don't have anything to stick in the hole. You adventure pack appears to be empty. You must be a pretty terrible adventurer to go adventuring without anything in your pack.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 07:33:18 am »

Your name is now Idiada Jodes

Step on that floor panel. Thing.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 08:03:07 am »

Step on that floor panel. Thing.

You hop up and down on the depression a few times, but nothing happens. Aside from the weird symbol in the middle and the generic markings around the sides, it's just an odd part of the scenery, you figure. It's easy to figure things like that when you're a shitty adventurer.

e- name retcon'd out, he doesn't need a name :\
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:40:27 am by Retro »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 168