Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 367550 times)

Fujisawa Rob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So...this will work under Wine, right? ;)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna say "maybe" wine tends to support everything up to DX 9c pretty well. But why don't you try it and let us know how it turns out =)

The author said he's gonna have a linux native version soonish (tm)
I voted for BANANA!

Fujisawa Rob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm gonna say "maybe" wine tends to support everything up to DX 9c pretty well. But why don't you try it and let us know how it turns out =)

The author said he's gonna have a linux native version soonish (tm)

I'll give it a shot!  I've got 34.07 and Dwarf Therapist (once I found the right memory map) working nicely on Fedora 16 64 bit. No sound for some reason though.  I haven't tried dfhack/stonesense yet on Linux. 

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't put up a linux build yet because for whatever reason since the last time I ran it on Linux the window is now just black. I need to look into it still, but when I get that issue resolved I'll put up an official Linux build.

Fujisawa Rob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I haven't put up a linux build yet because for whatever reason since the last time I ran it on Linux the window is now just black. I need to look into it still, but when I get that issue resolved I'll put up an official Linux build.

You rock!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

New folder, new copy of DF, new copy of DFHack, new copy of Overseer. I created a new world, exported the map - still crashes the exact same way. It's not mods... and I don't think it's anything I did.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had to move the *.dfmap file into the main overseer directory. The one containing Overseer.exe to get it to work.

The exception thrown was:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Talvvieno
So copy your map export to the working directory of Overseer.exe, hope that's clear enough. Works great from there.

@TheWonderIdiot
As for performance with an Nvidia 9500GT 1g slow ram, and a quad core AMD, it works super fast and snappy on a 3x3!!! Simply *AMAZING*!!! beyond quality =)

MMMmmmmm MAGMA!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOO

Thanks again TheWonderIdiot, was sure worth the wait, glad its extensible too... Hope we get some good artists in the community interested.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:11:04 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Got another one throwing an error.  Sorry bud, but hopefully it's related to the others and can be used to track the others down easier.

Key line appears to be "OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource  in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at E:\Libraries\Ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)" And it is present in both renderers.  But I posted the full log to try to help as much as possible.

Brings up the boatburdered screen and file select fine, but fails while loading the fortress.  The dfmap file is currently in the ogreseer directory.  It is a modded game if that matters much to it.  The dfmap file is available http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22514454/Watergate.dfmap for the time being.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

You were right, runlvlzero! Thanks - it works perfectly now. lol

It looks absolutely awesome, thewonderidiot! Very, very worth the wait! :D It runs a bit slowly for me, but it still looks epic. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just trying to help and trying Watergate.dfmap on my working install.

It's definitely map related then. Because I can load my random.dfmap map from an un-modded (or lightly so, not sure) DF 34.07

I used 'mapexport all mapname' in dfhack, did you do 'mapexport all Watergate', or 'mapexport Watergate' for Watergate? Might be it.

I get the same exception, using d3d rendering for Watergate.dfmap I downloaded from drop box.

@Talvieno, very glad I could help, all software is fickle and it always helps to have another pair of eyes =)

@dree12, It pops up automatically when the program loads for me, no keys needed to access it. Try right clicking.

None of the hotkeys except for movement work for me though, even mouse ungrab is not working and screenshots, but that might be me.

@dree12 and Greiger (at least it was worth a try), whelp I'm at a loss =/, gonna go try and actually make a fort now =P I'm sure it'll get ironed out soon enough.

P.S. I just realized how easy it is to share entire fort visualizations now with a single small file =)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:31:57 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might be missing something, but where is the File load menu? I am getting a boatmurdered scene, and can't find the right key combination.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just did the basic one without the all.  I'll give it a shot with all now that I think about it.

Nope, still dies at what appears to be z level 48 (died at 47 if I recall without the all but that may just be a fluke, who knows I guess) with the same error.

If somebody wants to try with the DF save itself there's a recent one in the dffd here  It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty recent, in my mind recent enough to probably still have the issue.  I'm hesitant to put up another full size save so soon after posting a previous one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:32:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great, so it is a problem on my end. The overseer refuses to do anything but show me boatmurdered and let me move the cursor.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Greiger now that I thought about it, if the problem is from a custom material or ore, you might be able to go into the material directories and clone one of the pre-existing ones into a new material for your modded game.

To be honest that's probably what its hanging on, for example if you have Uranium 238 modded in as an ore.

You'll most likely need to create a new xml entry and copy the files over for some default material (like slate) into a new directory for that material.

You have to go poking into the xml file and directories to figure it out though, I have not tried anything like that yet with ogreseer. It should be as simple as copy and pasting though, once you find the right places.

For example in
Overseer0.70>xml>Colors_Metal.xml

You would copy an entry like:
Code: [Select]
  <color red="252" green="229" blue="125">
    <material value="Inorganic">
      <subtype value="GOLD" />
    </material>

and paste it in the chain as:
Code: [Select]
  <color red="252" green="229" blue="125">
    <material value="Inorganic">
      <subtype value="URANIUM238" />
    </material>

Same thing in the plants.xml if you have some wierd tree or shrub. Not sure what you need to get the name from, but stone and stuff are all in separate files too.

Just use notepad to edit. Be very careful of formatting, I think extra entries won't crash the program as long as their formatted correctly.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:43:46 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm that could be it then.  I do have a homebrew mithril ore.  I didn't think any would be on this map, but now that I double check my raws there is a small chance of it showing up in galena, and I do have some galena on the map, so maybe it is freaking out on that.

I shall look into it, thanks.

Yea that did the trick.  Also was probably freaking out on a custom plant.  Thanks much.

I do notice one little thing though, and I vaguely remember this happening in the old one too.  Anyone else notice that the map appears mirrored?  My desert is now on the left side of the embark instead of the right.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:53:44 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53