Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM  (Read 42593 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2011, 09:41:59 am »

By the way, don't regard the last stall as my leaving the game.

I was just tired.  So tired...

Living on the East Coast also doesn't help with calculating when to send in my turn.  Ah well, not like I was on the leaderboard anyways...

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:12 am »

XD

They really need a confirmation pop up for throwing away a magical item considering "Throw Away" is right next to "Laboratory."  Fortunately it wasn't anything important, hehehe.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:10 am »

Blarg, why does this godly game have to cost so much? I just read through all of the dom3 pbem threads here and tried the demo and I love it to pieces but seriously? I may just have to acquire in spite of the cost or something. Anyway just been lurking around and thought I'd pop in and say hi. Also has anyone noticed that the turn limit on the demo kicks in right around when a new player gets to the point where they can start steamrolling the AI? I have played a number of games and like clockwork I start to winning and "BOOM" turn limit.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2011, 02:07:16 am »

I'm pretty sure each one of us here felt the same sort of pain as you do, when we were considering the purchase.
I'm also quite certain that none of us regrets it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2011, 02:11:43 am »

Edit: realized how gloomy I sounded. Suffice to say I can not part to easily with 50 dollars at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:17:41 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2011, 03:24:43 am »

I bought it on sale, although it wasn't much cheaper.

I sort of regret spending so much on it.  But, I'm only playing this little PBEM game, so I'm just not getting my money's worth.

That said, the moment when I get my Dom3 PBEM turn tends to be the highlight of my day.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2011, 03:26:39 am »

I bought it on sale, although it wasn't much cheaper.
Ah, yes, I remember that. What was it? Five bucks off?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2011, 03:28:51 am »

I think so.  Illwinter certainly is stingy with their discounts!

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2011, 04:32:45 am »

Edit: realized how gloomy I sounded. Suffice to say I can not part to easily with 50 dollars at the moment.

=(

Shame about that really. I dunno if it is Illwinter or Shrapnel Games. I think Shrapnel, being a very weird and backwater segment of the game publishing industry, deserves a good deal of the blame. Their website is still very 1999 and on the Dom3 section of the forums recently they've apparently perma banned Sombre who was like the most prolific modder for acting up in a forum thread. That and the fact they pretty much owe their entire online play community to llamabeast, a very good Samaritan completely unaffiliated with either company (Good friends, do note his donate button if you're in that kind of a mood). So bizarre.

Hoist the pirate flag, I'd say. Can't say how much luck you'll have though.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:28 am »

I now own the game but I used to full-demo it without problems :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:06 am »

I now own the game but I used to full-demo it without problems :)

Yeah, there are "ways" to play the game without forking over the $50.  Even multiplayer.  Up to you whether to use those ways, or not.

Despite our collective disdain for Shrapnel Games generally, do note that they did just release an update.  Granted, I'm not sure it really did anything, but the game is still "supported" (and it better be, after I forked over $45).  Heh, maybe they only updated the copy protection, lol.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2011, 03:42:08 pm »

I dunno if this will help any prospective buyers, but I got an email from Shrapnel Games with a "coupon code" for %15 off any purchase from The Gamer's Front (http://www.gamersfront.com/store/) which I think is Shrapnel Games' online store.  I'm not sure if Dominions 3 is available there or not because that's not where I remember buying it from, but if so, you can get it for 15% off with this coupon code:   SAVE15PNOW

It should be valid through January 30th.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »

I thing that we ARRRe better people then to sink to pirating it. Of course I plan to pay for it but do I pay for a good meal at a diner before or after you eat? So of course I will probably be ready to play in the next game we have here.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:06 pm »

ARR lol

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:23 pm »

Sorry I'm gonna need like a 12 hour extension on this if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32