Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Primeswords, the Fragments of Fire (Succession Fort, 0.31.12, Need Players!)  (Read 9844 times)

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
Re: Primeswords, the Fragments of Fire (Succession Fort, 0.31.12, Need Players!)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

the niches? on the pic? i use that for bedrooms, idc about bedrooms for indiv dorfs, just one bed per-person  then they have to "tear each other a new one for food"  :P
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primeswords, the Fragments of Fire (Succession Fort, 0.31.12, Need Players!)
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 06:31:04 pm »

Records of "Trooper" Giginthinkut

1st Granite

The old leader of this fortress has stepped down, and since no one else wanted the job, I've decided that maybe I can offer my insight.

2nd Granite

Today, I've started looking over all outstanding orders and projects, as well as reviewing our safety. From what I can tell, our military has the same fighting strength as an army of poo flinging monkeys. I've decided that making a trap maze, complete with war dogs would be enough for now. I've also go plans for a pool of water to lead into the side of the mountain, to keep our thristy dwarves safe.

23rd of Slade

New migrants today, there's quite a of them. That's not too shabby for just getting into the seat of leadership. The pool was done ahead of schedule, so I may have to find something else to occupy our miners' time.

18th Felsite

Yesterday a Kobold theif tried to sneak into our fortress and the dogs chased him off. Anyway, things are looking up, there's a Elven caravan on the top of the mountain coming down, I'll have to go talk to them, and have our broker, Mono, trade some things of value for wood, there's an extreme lack of it here.

22nd Felsite

Most of the traps are designed now, to be honest, it's just a line of cage traps. Oh well, wonder if the traders trade slave labor?

19th Hemitite

A squad of goblins have tried to enter the fortress, the newly trained war dogs ripped 1 to bits, while the others got captured or killed.

14th Galena

A Human caravan has come today, nothing really worth trading. I can't really remember, but I believe some migrants came as well.

18th Timber

We've got all the traps completely set, this will defintely hinder the goblins untill we get enough supplies to equip troops. In other news, it's been quiet.

15th Moonstone

We've gotten finished with all the smoothing project, every square inch that can be smoothed has been, and with 2 months to spare! The mountain homes has sent the supplies i requested earlier this year, which is great! We've tripled our booze and barrel stocks, as well as getting rid of over 5000 DB's worth of junk. hopefully this will draw more migrants in the coming years. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, makes me wonder if I'll ever get the chance to come do this again?

1st Granite

Today is suppose to be my return to the capital, and there's already another elected official on their way. Sadly, they'll have to break through the goblin siege, which shouldn't be hard, the gobbos only have 3 archers left, and all others have been caged. Ha, nothing says "good luck" like a gift of PoW's. Anyway, I hope whom ever reads this and learns from my experience, as well as improve on what exists.
Best of luck.
           Trooper.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:15:49 pm by Trooper0102 »

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 04:58:14 am »

Records of "Trooper" Giginthinkut

1st Granite

The old leader of this fortress has stepped down, and since no one else wanted the job, I've decided that maybe I can offer my insight.

I didn't step down. He DIED
oh. crap. forgot to mention I restarted from summer after a quadruple goblin ambush wiped the fort.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:13:27 am by lolghurt »
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 06:36:57 am »

I'll be updating the main page later today, gotta go to school in like 30 seconds.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 06:20:17 pm »

hi there, soz. can you take me off, for a bit.  :-[ trying to get a hand of it first, no hard feelings  :'(
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »

It's all good, I'm having trouble myself, trying to get past the first invasion is hard, getting past the second isn't any cake either.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 01:46:47 am »

It's all good, I'm having trouble myself, trying to get past the first invasion is hard, getting past the second isn't any cake either.
Unless my save got ignored, couldn't you have just forbidden the entrance doors and waited a bit before attacking? Or just not gone out at all?
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 04:45:24 am »

They come with 2 Kobold thieves and 2 Goblin Master thieves, so even locking the door doesn't help because the others sneak through them, get discovered, and run out opening the doors. (I know cus I tried that the very first 10 times, trying to figure out what's happening.)

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 03:07:59 pm »

Uploading right now, hope you enjoy the PoW's!

Things I'd like to see done:

"Live Exercise Drilling" for the troops. AKA Gladiator pit.
More traps? Maybe better defensive layout.
Ballista overlooking the entrance (maybe pointing to the right? with catch channel?)
Better use of the Burrows, and more military scheduling.
What ever you can think of.

Other Notes:

When you first start off, everyone has every job turned on, I kinda ran things like a commie and forced a lot of the projects to be rushed. There's 1 full production chain for Steel and lesser items, It's conventional though, so your gunna have to start digging for Coal, lignite, and magnite. Also, the tunnel that's going to the Reservoir is suppose to drain the tank, so we could potentially use it as a drowning pool.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3088

P.S: That was pure hell. glad it's over. lol I def wanna do it again though.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 06:51:02 pm »

Save is uploaded and we are waiting for confirmation from Thatdude.

EDIT: Just noticed Thatdude is also playing the UnitedGate succession. He may not make the two day deadline or ask me to delay so I am PMing him.

EDIT2: Changed the savescumming section in the rules since I don't even want to know how many times Trooper had to scum.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:00:37 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:26 am »

Yeah....That was a bitch. but I think i've made up for it by having fresh prisoners, an inner fortress watering/fishing hole, full steel production and full steel equipped soldiers. The soldiers might suck at it, but damn did I get a lot done.

And if you must know, I only scummed when either A) It was a complete wipe out, which happened a lot considering they always found some retarded reason to go outside, was either water, items, digging, hunting, or just being an ass. I've died to, but not excluding:
Giants
Dragons
Goblins
Crundles (yes, crundles)
Giant cave spiders
Forgotten beasts
Drowning (forced me to get out of the fortress and have fun time with goblins)
Oh, and the theives opening the door. (learned to put the dog at the corner, not the entrance, so he gets caged before he hits the door)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 01:53:27 am »

Yeah....That was a bitch. but I think i've made up for it by having fresh prisoners, an inner fortress watering/fishing hole, full steel production and full steel equipped soldiers. The soldiers might suck at it, but damn did I get a lot done.

And if you must know, I only scummed when either A) It was a complete wipe out, which happened a lot considering they always found some retarded reason to go outside, was either water, items, digging, hunting, or just being an ass. I've died to, but not excluding:
Giants
Dragons
Goblins
Crundles (yes, crundles)
Giant cave spiders
Forgotten beasts
Drowning (forced me to get out of the fortress and have fun time with goblins)
Oh, and the theives opening the door. (learned to put the dog at the corner, not the entrance, so he gets caged before he hits the door)

massively negative counter on the savescums now.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 04:09:29 pm »

I'd like to take a turn.  If you've got any kind of metalsmith I'd like to be dorfed as that.  If not, I'll take anything.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 05:49:10 pm »

Thatdude has about 24 hours to confirm before we skip him..... I sent him a PM already.

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 07:00:15 pm »

:o Oh yeah, I forgot to do the Dwarfing too.  :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8