Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 66452 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.
« Reply #615 on: October 13, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »

Rasputin
(Night) Hypnosis [target] [target]: You will cause the first target to action the second target instead of their intended target. This can allow for them to target themselves.
(Night) Prediction [target]: You will learn what team your target is on.
Hidden: You kill the person that kills or lynches you.

this was me. and i'm pretty disappointed that this ended, because i couldn't have asked for cooler powers. and the hidden is just awesome. oh well :( i kinda lost interest when the SK got killed, as my plan was to find him and then redirect him everywhere for great lols.

to give scum their dues, i wouldn't have guess that they were the team (apart from, possibly, vector; although there were many more suspicious people before her). gg while it lasted, shame its potential wasn't fulfilled.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2010, 04:26:45 pm »

Idiot ball here, and i was on to you toasty.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2010, 07:21:31 pm »

I would have been voting you as town too, MBP.  You refused to press anyone but me.

Jokerman/Zath:  How bad did me making you target each other foul up your plans?  N2 I just made the cultists target each other.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:00 pm »

I would have been voting you as town too, MBP.  You refused to press anyone but me.

Jokerman/Zath:  How bad did me making you target each other foul up your plans?  N2 I just made the cultists target each other.

Hmm... I had MBP listed as pretty townie in my mind. I wouldn't have gone after him. Yeah, he was pretty much on you exclusively, but his play reeked of newbishness rather that scum. Yours, the other way around. Plus he was quite open about his role and it didn't seem scummish.

For the N1 switch, all I knew is I was roleblocked night one. My only night action was the rather useless "Cuban Cigars" power, which switched hidden abilities, so it wouldn't have worked anyway  -- I had targeted Toony, and I don't think Web would have made me cult leader, or prevent Toony from recruiting, even if not blocked. I targeted him thinking I could perhaps steal his Pony-Power as BYOR4 winner, if it had been a hidden ability, but we know now it wasn't. The second night I targeted Vector, since I still had misgivings about her, and maybe it would tell me something useful, but the only result is I was "disabled", which only confused me utterly and prevented me (in my confusion) from posting at all during the very short last day.

Cuban Cigars: most useless power EVAR!!@!

Since I'm on the topic, Web, what would the effect of Communism have been? The list says it would effectively make me President, but what does the President do? Is it a one-vote lynch like King, a pardoner like Mayor, or something else?

If only Org had targeted me instead of himself with "hacker" on night one, we would have been saved from the trollflips, and I would have subjugated y'all under my iron fist! *sigh*

ETA: Toony, how about some comments from the cultist play? Was there a cult chat? Also, would your spawn breadbocks have died when you were lynched, or would he had to be lynched separately? Did you try to recruit on N2, and failed thanks to Toaster?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:55:38 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 13, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »

I didn't pay attention to this game after I died until it ended prematurely.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2010, 08:15:16 pm »

Zathras, i call it roleplay :P. Really i'm not that good and since i missed half the pages and could not be assed to do a thorough read, i was clearly not usefull.
For Toaster, i pressed you since you were the only one i had a good feeling about, again due to the lack of presence.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2010, 08:18:03 pm »

After resurrecting Breadbocks I learned that I would have to wait until Night 3 or Night 4 (can't remember) before being able to use it again.  If I knew this I would have waited.

Anyway, cult chat.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2010, 08:24:37 pm »

After resurrecting Breadbocks I learned that I would have to wait until Night 3 or Night 4 (can't remember) before being able to use it again.  If I knew this I would have waited.

Anyway, cult chat.

[From Cult Chat]
breadbocks: Hi deaders!
breadbocks: Wait... this isn't dead chat... \:
breadbocks: Do you know if I still have meh powers?
Webadict:    You got a role PM. Please read it.
Hahahaha! True to form, bread, true to form.

Love it.

But Toony, why couldn't you use it again until N4? Wasn't it a nightly power? And do you know if breadbox would have died when you died?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:50 pm »

I don't know if Breadbock would have died if I died.
You carefully read from some sort of demonic book. breadbocks is back alive! Unfortunately, you've forgotten who you are!

You are Disabled and will regain your abilities at the end of the next Night.
Here we go.  :-/

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2010, 08:41:10 pm »

Being President is basically like being King in Kingmaker.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:24 pm »

You carefully read from some sort of demonic book. breadbocks is back alive! Unfortunately, you've forgotten who you are!

I see, so someone target you N1 with a disabling thing like IronyOwl's crowbar or something. It was a nightly power, but you were disabled N2. How about N3, right after lynching Pandar? did you try to recuit or were you just too disenchanted with it by then?

Oh man! That would have ruled! Well, maybe. I would have probably killed IronyOwl or Toaster, they both would have flipped town, and I'd have been lynched the next day. Oh, the possibilities...

So Web, would we have had to lynch breadbocks separately then? He would have survived Toonyman's death?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:01 pm »

I see, so someone target you N1 with a disabling thing like IronyOwl's crowbar or something. It was a nightly power, but you were disabled N2. How about N3, right after lynching Pandar? did you try to recuit or were you just too disenchanted with it by then?

Oh man! That would have ruled! Well, maybe. I would have probably killed IronyOwl or Toaster, they both would have flipped town, and I'd have been lynched the next day. Oh, the possibilities...

So Web, would we have had to lynch breadbocks separately then? He would have survived Toonyman's death?
...Hidden Ability. You're always President :P

breadbocks would've survived, I think. I'm not sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2010, 08:59:41 pm »

It said the end of the next night so I assumed I wouldn't be able to use it until the night after that.  Night 4.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2010, 09:01:57 pm »

It said the end of the next night so I assumed I wouldn't be able to use it until the night after that.  Night 4.
Also, converted Webadicts showed up as any non-Town alignment.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:18 am »

I feel kind of bad since I was the Mulligan and sat on a 1-shot CT maker because I wanted to confirm someone who wasn't a beginner. Then I died. Woops!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43