Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 49603 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2011, 04:28:11 am »

Is it at all possible to get a working version of ACE for Arma2st?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2011, 05:32:50 am »

Arma2 cant join OA servers right??

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2011, 07:25:53 am »

Nevermind, got ACE working. I might be able to join you guys on OA sometime within this month.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:31 am »

Arma2 cant join OA servers right??

Correct.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »

Looking forward for what you come up with, Fayrik, let us know when the server is up

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Okay uhh.
I've put together Design_V1. It's a pretty bare bones mission. No beginning, no ending. You can spawn cars, planes and helicopters. You can also teleport anywhere in the map.
One slight thing I forgot to add was respawns, so if there's a death the mission will have to restart. For now. Injuries however, will not be counted. All six player units have anti-damage scripts... But remember that any lethal damage will override this and still kill your character.

I've already got plans for V2. Top of the list is respawns obviously. Second is that I want to be able to have dynamic vehicle spawn positions, so that vehicles that spawn vehicles will have the child vehicles spawn in relation to their direction as well as position.
I'm also wondering about how to handle ammunition, but since this is only a demonstration, that shouldn't be such a problem.

Also on the server is my other, more established mission, "Territorial". It's a mission that's quite late in the development cycle. There are a few bugs, but it's largely playable. It's not terribly fast paced, since combat takes place over most of the map, and it's possibly to play verses another player or two and never run into anyone, so I'd suggest teaming up. (There are plenty of AI enemies as well, so teaming up doesn't make the mission completely pointless.)

The server's name is: [Bay12] Server 101
The password is: todayone
And it's status is: OFFLINE
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:35:56 pm by Fayrik »
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »

I got in but after selecting the slot I pressed OK and nothin happened

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »

I got in but after selecting the slot I pressed OK and nothin happened
Huh. Weird.
I'll log back on, and try resetting the mission.
(I just quickly went to put the respawn area into the development file so that I don't forget it later when I work on vehicle spawns.)
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2011, 10:45:20 pm »

We should get a group together to play sometime. I've been playing with some Penny Arcade guys and having a blast but I'd like to play with some Bay12ers as well. Maybe combine the groups one night and have a larger game.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2011, 11:01:25 pm »

I'm finalsing this weekend. After that, I'm open some nights.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2011, 02:11:05 am »

I've just joined up with a tactical-type group, getting ready to do boot camp this weekend  8)

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:59 am »

What group?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »

And, Design_v2 is up. I actually managed to get rotationally dynamic vehicle spawns to work.
Unfortunately forgot to clean up the teleport script, so that'll keep spamming your chatbox every time you use it, but other than that, it still works fine.
I've added ammo crates, the new vehicle spawn system and respawns, so this mission is pretty much ready to go now. (Even if the list of vehicles is still a bit limited.)

PTTG??, let me know when you can get on, and I'll pop on so we can talk about what kind of mission I could make. I'm actually looking forward to making a mission with a bit more of a bang now.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »

The be-all-end-all Arma2 community is www.unitedoperations.net, however you are all strongly encouraged to never play there and pretend you never knew me because I will disavow all knowledge of you should you get banned for being retarded. But on the TS3 channel I have a room called Nikov's Mountain Hall, we also play a little Minecraft etc, and we've got enough newbies swarming in right now that you should be able to blend in.

Three simple rules.

1. Shut up during pre-mission slotting, loading screens, and briefings.
1a. Shut up when anyone tells you to, actually.
2. Deliberate teamkills, regardless of reason, results in rather long and painful bans for new players.
2a. Really retardedly stupid accidental teamkills may suffer bans as well, so be sure to shout "clear backblast" before firing that RPG.
3. Never use the in-game text or VON, even for game-related communications, with the sole exception of "my Teamspeak/ACRE crashed, give me a second." We use an AMAZING mod called ACRE that simulates full UHF/VHF radios as well as word-of-mouth communication within a little bubble around you, respecting terrain and materials between two points.
3a. Don't talk when people say to shut up. Because the enemy can hear you, they will do like I do and shoot you through a steel fence if you're chatting around in team versus team.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2011, 04:02:27 pm »

What group?
7th Cavalry. Played some Domi with them and decided I liked their style.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38