N
- 40 (25%)
C-
- 13 (8.1%)
C+
- 2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Not a Scientific Poll  (Read 19842 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Not a Scientific Poll
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2010, 02:28:06 pm »

If Nikov turns out to be an LCS Sleeper Agent, I will personally eat my alarm clock on video.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2010, 02:28:55 pm »

When the people got the power...
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »

I reserve the right to call people trying to kill a family member whatever name I want to.

I suppose that means that anyone who has had a family member attacked by a black person is allowed also...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »

I reserve the right to call people trying to kill a family member whatever name I want to.

I suppose that means that anyone who has had a family member attacked by a black person is allowed also...

That's kind of different, isn't it? I mean, I don't really follow news as much as I possibly should, but I was under the impression that they have some kind of war going on in there. Being respectful of other people's cultures is a fine ideal, but being polite to people you are trying to kill kind of misses the point.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »

That's kind of different, isn't it? I mean, I don't really follow news as much as I possibly should, but I was under the impression that they have some kind of war going on in there. Being respectful of other people's cultures is a fine ideal, but being polite to people you are trying to kill kind of misses the point.

You know, I don't think I'll ever understand why everyone's all up in arms about skin color. Why does it matter? No, seriously, I'm an Associative Agnostic. One of the effects is that when I look at another person, I cannot tell that they are different from me unless I focus really hard on something specific, and then I only get bits and pieces of what I'm looking for. It's like my brain goes, "Oh, joy, another person. Screw their details, not important." Also, I have a hard time distinguishing spoons and forks sometimes. Stupid cereal, anyway.

I mean, if this is going to turn into a big flame war or something, don't bother answering, but seriously, I'd like to know why this is such a big issue, seemingly everywhere.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2010, 04:24:37 pm »

I mean, if this is going to turn into a big flame war or something, don't bother answering, but seriously, I'd like to know why this is such a big issue, seemingly everywhere.

Dunno. I guess there is a vast tapestry of psychological, social and historical factors involved, but at the end of the day, being all excited about skin color is just another piece of irrational human behavior.

Anyway, I think the issues here are mostly of nationality and allegiance, not race. The towlies in question are specific people from a specific area who are trying to kill Nikov's relatives for some boring political reasons. Not everyone who happens to look the same.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2010, 04:41:17 pm »

To call the person trying to kill your famly member whatever name you want to. Likewise, the people trying to kill my family member are fair game for harsh language.

Nice attempt at a racism troll, but you didn't stick the landing. 3/10.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

4/10 for trying to make the argument about the accuser.  2/10 for pretending that bigotry isn't bigotry if the target is deplorable anyway.

Now that I think about it, I have absolutely no idea what these numbers are supposed to be for.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »

Maybe we should clarify what you found offensive.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »

To call the person trying to kill your famly member whatever name you want to. Likewise, the people trying to kill my family member are fair game for harsh language.

Who says I'm calling ALL black people the n-word? I'm just calling the ones that did the attacking n-word! Too bad if every single one of them feels offended!

33 1/3 for thin veiled attempt at covering bigotry.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:57:04 pm by Sergius »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

Maybe we should clarify what you found offensive.

Y'know what, I'm not even going to bother.  You know damn well what was offensive, and I'm going to make myself look like a bleeding heart pretzel if I explain it.  Or maybe you don't know, and that might almost be better.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:02 pm »

Who says I'm calling ALL black people the n-word? I'm just calling the ones that did the attacking n-word! Too bad if every single one of them feels offended!

33 1/3 for thin veiled attempt at covering bigotry.

I like to assume most people would be happy to rebuke a murderous, psychotic band of thugs who happen to share the same ethnic background as them. That's a fairly positive outlook on people. You, on the other hand, seem to assume an ethnic group would sooner defend its own criminal members from mere words than rebuke them for tarnishing the group's image. I find that a negative outlook on people. But that makes me 'insensitive', so I'm a 'bigot'.

Unless you mistook a pun on 'taliban' to mean a remark about wearing turbans. In any case, this is a derail that seems to be fermenting a rather pointless argument about race because a few champions of equality have percieved a slight and won't rest until they get a full apology for my sinful ways.

Anyone who's offended and speaks Pashtun is welcome to send me a PM if they seek an apology. Everyone else can shut up and move on.

One more post on the subject and I'll lock it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »

Liberals, Conservatives, whoever can promise to make sure The Bus works on a good constant schedule shall earn my everlasting vote forever.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »

Aww, man! I'd already written a post on the subject. I was just a few minutes late on posting it. Well, whatever. I'll save it and use it the next time a similar conversation comes up.

Also:
Apparently "bigot" originates from a derogatory term used of the Normans by the French. I find this absolutely hilarious.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:46 pm »

Honestly, the fact no government can manage a bus line summarizes half of the small government position.

Soad, that is absolutely hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13