Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4228 4229 [4230] 4231 4232 ... 13308

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14323271 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63435 on: October 04, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »

This. This is amazing. http://improbable.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html#ig2011

Especially this bit:
PEACE PRIZE: Arturas Zuokas, the mayor of Vilnius, LITHUANIA, for demonstrating that the problem of illegally parked luxury cars can be solved by running them over with an armored tank.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #63436 on: October 04, 2011, 05:15:14 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Players: Coming up with solutions for problems that have yet to be implemented.

Now, let us put this thread on rails for the express purpose to tearing it off.

I've managed to yet again back myself into a corner by being too awesome.

Duke and I are a terrible platonic couple and managed to let piddly little issues like college ennui and existential employment crises get in the way of our anniversary.  This year's quote will be a day late, but the dream will never die.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63437 on: October 04, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »

Especially this bit:
PEACE PRIZE: Arturas Zuokas, the mayor of Vilnius, LITHUANIA, for demonstrating that the problem of illegally parked luxury cars can be solved by running them over with an armored tank.
The IgNobels are usually awesome, but not that much so. :)
it looks more like an APC I've been told, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63438 on: October 04, 2011, 05:31:53 pm »

It's a demilitarized BTR. They're cheaper than you'd expect, you can buy one for less than $100K.

I recommend watching the video just to see the poor car owner's reaction.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63439 on: October 04, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Players: Coming up with solutions for problems that have yet to be implemented.

Now, let us put this thread on rails for the express purpose to tearing it off.

I've managed to yet again back myself into a corner by being too awesome.

Duke and I are a terrible platonic couple and managed to let piddly little issues like college ennui and existential employment crises get in the way of our anniversary.  This year's quote will be a day late, but the dream will never die.

Goddamn it, that is the worst possible way for me to be a part of this.

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63440 on: October 04, 2011, 08:07:31 pm »

I found an epic drill smashing that wasn't from Gurren Lagann!
That show is great an all, but seeing massive drill/hammer-based destruction elsewhere definitely made me happy today!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63441 on: October 04, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »

I found an epic drill smashing that wasn't from Gurren Lagann!
That show is great an all, but seeing massive drill/hammer-based destruction elsewhere definitely made me happy today!
The video description is pretty much spot on, even if its in ALL CAPS. She might've broken the hammer in the process, but it still got smashed to exploding anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63443 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:26 pm »

Especially this bit:

Thanks to you, I've discovered a man who truly understands me. This is the philosophy that has led to nearly everything good I've ever done.

EDIT: Also, I'm happy because hearts can be cut into delicious steaks.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63444 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

Especially this bit:

Thanks to you, I've discovered a man who truly understands me. This is the philosophy that has led to nearly everything good I've ever done.

EDIT: Also, I'm happy because hearts can be cut into delicious steaks.
These people really are worthy of their prizes. This is just awesome. And the Procrastination one really makes sense. I've had a knack for doing as it stated, and some of my best work came from that as well.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63445 on: October 04, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »

Goddamn it, that is the worst possible way for me to be a part of this.
You helped make this magic possible.

Possibly a second time, I don't really remember the situations of the previous quotes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63446 on: October 04, 2011, 09:08:42 pm »

Just got back from my first training session for a confidential teen hotline volunteer position. I think it'll be a lot of fun, in addition to both looking good on college apps and being a helpful person. Lots of nice people there...6 more 3-hour training sessions to go. Next couple weeks are going to be busy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63447 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:33 pm »

Playing around with the new TouchPad. Discovered that somebody out there has ported a SNES emulator and DOSBox to webOS.

Oh. My.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63449 on: October 04, 2011, 09:23:40 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4228 4229 [4230] 4231 4232 ... 13308