Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures?  (Read 77907 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures?
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »

My guilty pleasure: Slacking off and procrastinating.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:36 pm »

Oh my god, this.

I am so this.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »

The worst part is that the guilt actually has a reason to be there.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2011, 11:16:25 pm »

I'm currently doing Russian homework, playing a gameboy game, writing a short story, and working my way up to working on a translation of an artbook (from Japanese) for a livejournal community.

I suspect that there is something wrong with me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:10 pm »

You sound like you live a good life to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2011, 11:19:30 pm »

Solution: write a short story in Japanese about a Russian who plays Game Boy games and post it on LiveJournal.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »

Even better: Write a story about a short Russian who reads LiveJournals in Japanese about Game Boys.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2011, 12:26:52 am »

I learned at an early age when telling people all about the video games I played that most people aren't all that interested in hearing about every detail of your hobby, but if you nitpick a few good parts to take away from it then they're very interested in your hobbies, especially if you make it philosophical. But of course you can make anything sound interesting with the right words and a bit of philosophy.

I buttered my toast yesterday... You know toast is a tricky subject, there's a fine balance in getting it just crisp enough and not overly burnt, and how much butter you want to put on it, and at what stage. If you stick the butter on while it's hot it will melt and soak into it, but a talented individual with the right eye for toast temperature can place his butter on there so that it coats the toast perfectly while the toast is still warm enough to be pleasant to eat. It is truly an artform to the right eye... and by honing it you can learn a lot about what people like in toast, and why.

But yes, games, and fantasy books are my guilty pleasures. Especially Terry Pratchett books. His are the best, End. Of. Discussion.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:54 am »

If you stick the butter on while it's hot it will melt and soak into it, but a talented individual with the right eye for toast temperature can place his butter on there so that it coats the toast perfectly while the toast is still warm enough to be pleasant to eat.
What.
No!
You can't wait to put butter on toast!
You have to apply the butter quickly, so that it melts in to it's maximum potential on both slices... Which is incredibly tricky to do when you're trying to get it to crisp lightly!
Of course, you can sometimes get around this by hanging the buttered toast face down over the toaster to make sure it melts in all the way, but it won't always work. It's a tricky balance!
(And yes, I realise this is just a different opinion. Having butter -on- toast is fine, but I like trying to get it to melt in.)

What was this topic about again? Oh right!
My main guilty pleasure is probably Role Playing. Though I don't really feel that guilty about it.

Oh my god, this.

I am so this.
Who doesn't?

The worst part is that the guilt actually has a reason to be there.
Spooky. I shall not enquire though.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2011, 12:51:19 am »

I know that putting off the work I have to do will lead to nothing but pain. The guilt comes when I put it off anyway, because I'm being a dick to my future self.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2011, 01:04:01 am »

You sound like you live a good life to me.

Solution: write a short story in Japanese about a Russian who plays Game Boy games and post it on LiveJournal.

Even better: Write a story about a short Russian who reads LiveJournals in Japanese about Game Boys.

Haha >_>  Now I'm getting enough work done on all three--far more than I'd probably manage if I were doing one at a time, at least with less frustration, so I feel better about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2011, 01:05:19 am »

What is this thing you call "guilt"? Are you talking about those creepy things from Trauma Center? Because in that case you're seriously screwed.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:26 am »

I know that putting off the work I have to do will lead to nothing but pain. The guilt comes when I put it off anyway, because I'm being a dick to my future self.
That's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was.
In fact, I thought you where putting off work that would save puppies from certain death.
Now that would be a haunting and downright evil reason to procrastinate.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35:00 am »

Pnx and Fayrik are both wrong. You have to spread the butter on before you toast it.

Seriously, though. Try it. My toast experience changed forever.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2011, 01:42:12 am »

You're all wrong. Butter is horrible no matter how you use it. Peanut Butter & Honey forever!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26