Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169162 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #240 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:09 pm »

not only is it weird, but it's counter-intuitive to say 'Oh hey, the zombies attack at midnight' and give the players an in-game 24-hour clock, and then say in another place 'oh hay, the zombies are attacking at 22 GMT, and the servers run at +1 GMT'

Something tells me the zombies are supposed to attack at 23 GMT, which would put them in line with midnight server time (which would put the times in line with what everything else in the game says)

Edit: Source for when zombies are supposed to attack from the play guide
Open the guide, go to the section titled 'The Attack of the Hordes'
First paragraph below

Every night, at midnight, the hordes of living dead attack the town. Each attack consists of a certain number of zombies.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:42:29 pm by Denzi »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 03, 2010, 02:42:15 pm »

> Hello! I missed my chance to sign up for beta, but the play along happening
> here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69343.0
>
> makes me want to join my comrades. Any chance I could get an invitation? I am
> in the USA (I hear some countries aren't allowed in beta).
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------
> This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.
> http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/
>
>

OK, try this on for size: REDACTED

Welcome to hell, citizen...

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 03, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »

Good news there that you can get into the beta even if you hadn't signed up. More Bay12 can't possibly be bad for the game haha

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2010, 02:52:45 pm »

not only is it weird, but it's counter-intuitive to say 'Oh hey, the zombies attack at midnight' and give the players an in-game 24-hour clock, and then say in another place 'oh hay, the zombies are attacking at 22 GMT, and the servers run at +1 GMT'

Something tells me the zombies are supposed to attack at 23 GMT, which would put them in line with midnight server time (which would put the times in line with what everything else in the game says)

Edit: Source for when zombies are supposed to attack from the play guide
Open the guide, go to the section titled 'The Attack of the Hordes'
First paragraph below

Every night, at midnight, the hordes of living dead attack the town. Each attack consists of a certain number of zombies.
Manual has some wrong stuff. Always check the "Gazette", it has the latest info.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2010, 02:54:57 pm »

I just emailed the Die2nite guys now asking for an invitation so hopefully I'll be able to play this soon, until then I'm reading the help section on the site and the rest of this thread
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2010, 02:55:12 pm »

Kinda pointless to have a guide with wrong information though, isn't it?

Either way, I'm going to watch the clock and see when the attack happens. Something about the reported information is wrong.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2010, 03:08:01 pm »

So when do you get AP back? Also, I got wounded which sucks. -1 ap per day.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2010, 03:12:08 pm »

you get AP back at the end of the day. You can also get all your AP back by drinking and eating (can only drink and eat once a day though)

Drugs can also give you AP (not sure how much, I'd assume all of it) but if you take more than one drug a day you'll become addicted to them (this counts for cures to make it so you're not infected, and etc) You can take as many drugs as you want each day though

I think there is also booze in game that gives AP, and a bunch of other stuff (found some electric muscle relaxer or something that can give you AP, but has a chance to hurt you and a chance to kill you every time you use it, but you can use it as much as you want...)

Edit: If you run out of AP in the desert you are, for the most part, dead. You need to have someone nice enough (And with the AP to spare) to come out and give you something for you to get more AP. Otherwise I think you just die out there.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2010, 03:18:07 pm »

So when do you get AP back? Also, I got wounded which sucks. -1 ap per day.

Don't get wounded.  If you're trapped, post a 'need help' message on the forums, and be aware that it might take a little while to get answered.  Wounding yourself while escaping is only viable if you need to log off for the night IMO.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »

Kinda pointless to have a guide with wrong information though, isn't it?

Either way, I'm going to watch the clock and see when the attack happens. Something about the reported information is wrong.
I personally closed the door 20 minutes before the attack yesterday, so I am 100% sure it happens 22:00 GMT and 23:00 game time.

If you're wounded, immediately find a cure or you will get an infection which will eventually kill you (It's either 1 day or 50% chance each night, no proofs here).

The "chance" in the game usually means "it's done". Don't think that it's some percent. In case of electric device: you get wound 1st time, you die if wounded; in case of drugs: you do not get drugged 1st time, you become a junkie 2nd time. Etc.

Also wow. Someone made a complaint on me as on a "community extremist". That's what you get for helping and trying to organize stuff too much.

P.S. All AP-restoring stuff restores FULL ap. Don't waste it if you have at least one ap left.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

OperatorPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:18 pm »

I just emailed the Die2nite guys now asking for an invitation so hopefully I'll be able to play this soon, until then I'm reading the help section on the site and the rest of this thread

What's the email address?

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2010, 03:32:52 pm »

What's the email address?
contact@die2nite.com

I'm not 100% sure they'll give me the code, I'm just going by what someone said on the last page
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2010, 03:40:26 pm »

So I drank my water once, I now have 1 AP left and a bag of chips. Will the chips give me full AP again?

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »

yes it will, but make sure you use your last AP. Anything that will give you AP back will give you all the AP you can hold, so if you have any AP left and eat food, then you'll just waste some AP

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »

Waste your ap and then eat chips. Although it's better to eat first and drink next. Roaming around desert makes you thirsly.

Any AP-restoring item restores full AP from 0.

p.s. Ninjad by Denzi :). Also it looks like we have noone to close the gate o_O. I will be a sad panda if that happens, we have 54 defense now...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 127