Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 168763 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2010, 04:47:02 pm »

Is there a lock action or does closing them lock them as well?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2010, 04:50:39 pm »

Don't think it's going to happen at the end of the hour but I could be wrong, won't be the first time. I'm the only person who is online (besides a guy who is out of AP and outside the town)

Just shut my towns gates... Last night eight people were locked outside when the fight came, and two got eaten inside the town. Tonight seven people are trapped outside the gate...

If the horde is the same size as it was last time, plus the body I threw out there... we'll have four zombies come into town, we have a handful of people in tents and above so probably atleast two deaths from that, so we'll be down to like 21 people at the least tomorrow...

More than likely the horde will go up from 22 to something like 30, so we're more likely to drop down to 15...

Seriously, 1/4 of the town died in the first night, and tonight a good 1/3 is dieing too, period...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:10 pm »

Please tell me we got our gate closed.

(closed == locked near the attack:  your upgrades keep it from being opened within a certain time before the attack)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »

Yep, nobody inside will die tonight.

Hopefully.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »

Anyone have an invitation key to throw my way? I normally don't like zombie anything but this looks cool.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2010, 05:01:01 pm »

Yep, nobody inside will die tonight.

Hopefully.

o/

Ok, c'mon guys, what's everyone's death tolls like?  :D

(and how long does it take the attack to go through / the rollover to happen?)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2010, 05:01:26 pm »

Hang onto your hats, folks, the attack is under way.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 03, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »

Please tell me we got our gate closed.

(closed == locked near the attack:  your upgrades keep it from being opened within a certain time before the attack)
It was locked by Hugehead. Just in time.

Lock it after 22;40, this way the lock will prevent it from being opened before 23:00 when the attack starts.

Anyone have an invitation key to throw my way? I normally don't like zombie anything but this looks cool.
Check the last 2 pages, there's a mail, you can mail administrators and ask for a key.

Sowelu : yesterday the attack lasted 20 minutes. They probably apply patches and updates during this time, and reboot the server.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 03, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »

Look a few(four or five?) pages back and there is a contact e-mail. You can try to e-mail them and get an invitation code, at least one person in this thread has managed it.

Wonder which one of us will be able to go hero first

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 03, 2010, 05:04:17 pm »

I already payed them a small donation, I enjoy this game too much :). I wish Toady accepted "SMS" donations, because I cannot use Paypal.

There's no heroes in beta yet, the town is frozen when it gets too few citizens so it's highly unlikely that it will be destroyed. It's just beta.

But I  will definitely donate them monthly and try to grab Hero status asap. This is the kind of browser online game I wished to have.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:21 pm »

the town is frozen when it gets too few citizens

My interpretation is that the first rollover doesn't start until 40 players have joined the town.  After that, it's fair game, nothing's stopping it...oh yeah, and dead people still count anyway I guess.

20 minutes or so?  Awesome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:35 pm »

Well, I sent an e-mail in as well. We'll see how many of us they want in their game. :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2010, 05:10:03 pm »

My town only has like 12 people right now. I had aready ran back into the gate before hour 23 so I'd be safe, but it turns out Zoms won't attack when you are that low.

Someone stole my sticky item thing. I think they just put it in the bank though, so I am not too upset. I don't even know what it does anyway.

My starting advice to people would be to do all the things it tells you, get water, check the forums, that sort of stuff. Then head out and just hit search. You'll auto search there every two hours, safely until the zoms come. After that you can do some exploring. Save 2 ap (or spend it off the bat) to upgrade to a tent.

After that, I have no idea, that is as far as I have gotten.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »

One thing to make sure you do whenever you join a new town is to immediately go home and check what you have in your chest. I think typically you get a food item and one common miscellaneous item (like a beer fridge or a radio, without the battery)

I see so many people just run out into the desert and die without even opening their doggy bag, it's crazy....

Also, as for the 'towns freeze when they get small' thing, that's only for towns that are on day 1 still. It's meant that way so you always have 40 people (alive, or dead) going into the first attack. After the first attack though, the town just dies out like mine is now

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2010, 05:19:25 pm »

After you die, can you immediately join another town on the same day?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 127