Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169120 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1605 on: December 01, 2010, 03:29:50 pm »

also, ypou dont need those powers. Sure they are helpfull, but its the way you play that matters more. Good player is superior to noob hero.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 01, 2010, 04:10:00 pm »

Heck, if they toned down Hero bonus and made it 5 bucks a month, heck of a lot more players would be heroes.
But, I guess the price scheme is part of their balancing thing.

Demand vs Balance vs Benefits ... Or something like that.
TBH with the benefits I'd still only regularly pay about 5-8 dollars for it. I really doubt I'll continue for a 2nd month, I just wanted to give it a try.
Town/game balance.  Not what you the player thinks the benefit is worth.
Cheaper Heroes = More Heroes = More +10 day towns
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1607 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

Heck, if they toned down Hero bonus and made it 5 bucks a month, heck of a lot more players would be heroes.

TBH with the benefits I'd still only regularly pay about 5-8 dollars for it. I really doubt I'll continue for a 2nd month, I just wanted to give it a try.
Perhaps that is their reasoning, but I still hope they adjust the prices down a bit. The hero abilities aren't game breaking.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 01, 2010, 05:02:27 pm »

Perhaps that is their reasoning, but I still hope they adjust the prices down a bit. The hero abilities aren't game breaking.
They arn't gamebreaking but 25-30 out of 40 players as a hero instead of 5-10 out of 40...  That is a balance issue at this time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1609 on: December 01, 2010, 06:38:02 pm »

I guess I just don't think high prices are a good way to balance game mechanics.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1610 on: December 01, 2010, 06:42:39 pm »

By the way, I just joined "Expired shop of the headless"

If anyone would like to come along.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 02, 2010, 12:23:15 am »

Really liking my new town, The Chilly Cliffs.

I like the name, we only lost 1 person night one and despite only having four hours of playtime today we managed to build a workshop, portal lock, and watchtower (and we screwed up and built the tower first even!). Everybody is communicating well, and the only reason we lost the 1 is because I think he left while the clock still said "28 hours remain until day end"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 02, 2010, 12:29:19 am »

Hehe, Savage Hideaway of Fire built the watchtower, workshop, portal lock, and the scanner tower in 4 hours, plus the scanner tower managed to make a bunch of squares west of town become undepleted =)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 02, 2010, 12:34:04 am »

You mean search Tower? Scanner doesn't make squares become undepleted...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:01 am »

Yes, that's what I meant @_@

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:58 am »

Man, since the beta ending the game became really really lonely.  It's sad, the world forums being hero only.  That, the insane amount of griefers and otherwise inactive people that have recently joined, and the fact that hero status costs like $15 a month means the game isn't really much fun at all anymore, and here I was thinking it would be more fun after the beta ended  :-\

Anyone here that I know?  I'm trying to find a way to get into touch with the people who I played with before, I mean, I can see them posting on the world forums but there's no way to send them messages or anything  :'(

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 02, 2010, 06:10:44 am »

Well, you haven't played with me yet, but I'm still around.
My non-beta town had a couple of idiots, but nothing much worse than beta as of yet.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 02, 2010, 06:17:03 am »

My non-beta town doesn't seem to have any idiots, it just has nobody, at, all.  There are like three people that have said anything on the forums.  It's just plain stupid.  I want to like the game so bad because it was so fun during beta (Even though I never got a town that was any good at all) but I just don't think I can now that I can't even converse with anyone  ::)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:11 am »

All the non beta people I meet are overly agressive selfing dicks who scream they will attack me for having any items in my chest.
That's my whole town, I waundered out into the desert with what I had.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 02, 2010, 09:21:34 am »

My town is full of amazing active people, so... just chance, I guess?

Also, world forums aren't hero only. Only the help and discussion forums are. you can still post in saloon, I've heard.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 127