Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 169115 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1650 on: December 04, 2010, 10:50:45 am »

My town had maybe 8 of 38 actually inactive. So it's not usually that bad.

We're still probably doomed, though. We're getting between 220-300 zombies tonight and only have 100 defense so far. I think we can push that up to 178, maybe 188, but I don't see how we're going to prevent a giant influx of zombies. And we're out of logs.

I think starting day 1 with only a few hours really hurt us in the long run.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 04, 2010, 11:09:26 am »

I just got into a town where everyone seems to be working together. It's pretty amazing, we've managed to get loads of materials compared to the amount that was in the bank in my last town. We also have a few heroes, one of which is pretty much directing the town. So long as someone doesn't decide to open the gates just before midnight, which they might not be able to anyway, this town should do pretty well.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 04, 2010, 12:15:27 pm »

Ugh, so I went to save someone who had asked for help, only five minutes after he called for help, said I was ready whenever he was to leave.  It took him 40 minutes to respond (Saying, okay, let's go!), but unfortunately immediately before he did I was forced to go to the grocery store.  Of course like anyone who doesn't know what they're doing he just leaves, not checking if I was there or not (My computer was asleep so it should have shown me as being offline!) I get back, am surrounded, I ask for help, nobody responds after eight hours, so I have to go to bed, so I escape, now my arm is injured and I'm bound to die.  Just great, I've rescued two people now, and not one person returned the favor  :-\

Good news, my town might well die before the infection gets me -.-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:17:48 pm by Kitsunin »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 04, 2010, 12:44:12 pm »

Now is when you start working for yourself, and make sure the town dies ASAP. leave the gates open, build a hovel, etc. and so on.

Get LMS, even if you don't get hero days off it. :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 04, 2010, 06:28:36 pm »

I feel like bragging about our town. ^_^

Dawn of Day 5, we have...
Armour Plating +12 defence
Spiked Pit +50 defence
Well Drilling Rig
Great Wall Strengthening +7 defence
Old-school Traps +30 defence
Ramparts +5 defence
Workshop
Upgraded Map
Pump
Great Pit +20 defence (Base value)
Watchtower +3 defence
Portal Lock +2 defence
Upgradable Wall +15 defence (Base value)
Barbs  +9 defence

Between 180 and 205 Zombies estimated (Last night we had 255)
Defense: 286 points

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 04, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »

That's the complete opposite of the town I was just in. Day 1 17 people died, 8 from zombies getting past our defenses. I died in the desert because I forgot to sign in in time. Oh well, doesn't seem like I'll miss much.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1656 on: December 04, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »

some idiot opened the gates 20 minutes after we shut them yesterday, so most of us died.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 04, 2010, 08:10:41 pm »

I feel like bragging about our town. ^_^

Git ;)

Looks like your doing really well there. Although I'd suggest you don't let up on defences because of the low count, or you'll have the fun of scrambling when it doubles overnight.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 04, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »

Well, our walls gives us 36 free points of defense per night, as long as we keep upgrading it, so we ARE ignoring defense for today - but we'll still have at least 70 more by the next attack anyways. :P

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:36 pm »

Oh god I feel like an a-hole, I told this guy that ran out of AP I'd bring him meds later in the day, in case we got something other than Twinoid (So we don't waste the twinoid) and I totally forgot about him.  I guess I couldn't have helped anyways since I used the last of my AP saving the other guy (Who left me for dead afterwards)

I'm shocked that nobody else in town bothered to go one space away from town to give the guy meds...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 05, 2010, 12:37:44 am »

Are you really surprised? :P

Next town I join, I will totally try to get you in it (At the rate we're going, we might have a chance at 100+ soul point town, and I plan on coalition-feeding people.)

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 05, 2010, 12:42:03 am »

I guess I'm not that surprised  ::)

That would be awesome if you did, I would really appreciate getting into a good town.  Just being able to once would be nice, since it'd be bound to get me a nice bunch of soul points, putting me further away from the random jumble of people who just joined and are just generally useless.

As for going for LMS, I am, I'm going to be a bit tactful, so I'm waiting until later in the day before I take defensive items, I've already built a hovel, and nobody has seemed to notice, I think it's because I'm the most helpful person in town, they aren't expecting I'd go selfish :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:55:08 am by Kitsunin »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 05, 2010, 06:10:41 am »

We survived the first day without any zombies getting in  8)

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 05, 2010, 06:23:43 am »

Ok, it's Day 5 in The Town That Will Not Die.

I say this because we still have not been able to build a workshop, over half the town was inactive (doggy bags and welcome packs sitting in their houses, didn't even take a water ration), and of the active players, several were of the "I know better than you guys, we're building the portal lock first thing!" type. We even have squabbling over leadership in the construction forum.

We have not been able to build anything since Day 2 (as no concrete has ever turned up, despite increasingly desperate expeditions far from town to find undepleted squares).

We have no defenses other than Great Pit and Barbs, and no planks or iron in the bank. Every square within 5 AP is depleted and full of zombies. Everybody has been totally depressed and waiting for death since Day 2, and every day we get a few who give up and walk out the gate thirty minutes before the attack.

Despite all of this, the zombies seem to be going easy on us. Despite the wretched defenses, the zombies have been kept outside the walls every night (except on the second night when only four got through). The only major casualties we have incurred was on Day 4, when all the inactive citizens died of dehydration.

The town atmosphere is creepy and depressing, with almost everybody terrified, and the forums filled with gibberish and desperate pleas for help from the stranded expedition (for the past two days they kept getting stranded outside town, only getting saved by last minute rescues within two hours before the attack).

There are twelve of us left. Two have been infected since the second day, and seem to be afflicted with the same curse the town is under, namely they Will Not Die.

Even tonight, there are 125-136 zombies incoming. Although we only have 112 defense, and no more materials to build anything else, we keep voting to upgrade the Great Pit, and it seems that will be enough to keep out most of the zombies.

Sadly, we will not die tonight.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 05, 2010, 06:46:07 am »

We survived the first day without any zombies getting in  8)
Well all you have to do for that to happen is have everyone build a tent...it's day two where it's at all possible to die.  Even my town that entirely died on day two had no zombies get in on day 1.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 127