Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released  (Read 72630 times)

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 12:01:48 pm »

Awesome, dwarves now know their left from their right.....
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:16 pm »

(*)made uniform assignments respect handedness
So... should I only be assigning one "steel gauntlet" entry in the uniform menu now? Or do I keep using two?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »

Super job, Toady-sama! Our Genesis mod worldgens shall be much longer now.

is there a realistic chance that you will address some of the more infuriating fortress mode bugs (like crystal glass stuff, hospital stuff etc.) in the near future?
I vote for crutchwalking fix and Dungeon master actually taming the exotics. And not stuffing tiger corpses into magic backpack.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 12:20:08 pm »

yay! new release!

JosephPowers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 12:22:04 pm »

I can finally use shops.
This is exciting.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 12:27:50 pm »

Okay, if I understand it correctly, I shouldn't need to create a new world in 31.18, and can instead copy a 31.17 save folder over without missing much.  Especially because I'm between plays right now and have yet to start a fortress (so I don't yet have, e.g., weapon traps or uniforms).  It looks like nearly all of those changes should update current behavior, such as avoiding crashes; exceptions might include a few typos (perhaps "dark dark fortress") that have now been written into my game, and I might expect to remain until a new worldgen.  Is this right?

--Rexfelum

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

(*)fixed crash from trap announcements/reports

I can send my boys back to the danger room and my enemies back through the corridor of serrated disks! Praise the miners toad.

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 12:53:12 pm »

...My...

...My traps...

...They're back?...

AND LO THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 01:04:01 pm »

Toady,
My biggest question is: Can we expect dwarves and elves to get settelments any time soon ? Like before Christmas or by the end of the year ?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »

...My...

...My traps...

...They're back?...

AND LO THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.

also screams of pain.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »

Toady,
My biggest question is: Can we expect dwarves and elves to get settelments any time soon ? Like before Christmas or by the end of the year ?
Provided you don't mind them being copies of human settlements, you can have them right now by modding entity_defaults.txt to CITY instead of TREE_CITY or CAVE_DETAILED.

Right now, I (a human) walked in on an elven town and they were treating me like a criminal so I obliged their perceptions: ignored all the wooden goods on display and went straight for the shop coffers and took all their (metal) coins - after killing the shopkeeper of course.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:49:36 pm by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »

There's a little more detail in file changes.txt.  Humans have smelted ore and mined stone now, so they have copper, iron, silver, etc. and similarly for the others.  It had been randomly choosing metals for kobold weapons in particular, which was okay in the sense that it mimicked thievery perhaps, but we want to move over to something more genuine before too long, so the kobs are on placeholder smelting for the time being.
Kobolds had been my only source of steel weaponry for my adventurers. I assumed they'd been raiding the tombs of ancient civilisations from before the loss of the secrets of steelmaking.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

Not limited to bronze anymore? All hail the Toady!

Also, weapon traps are flowing again. Awesome. I can run my monstrous trapped halls again! Thanks!!
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:55 pm »

I'm not sure this was reported as a bug, but I thought it was fairly obvious. The player's character, whenever viewed by 'l'ooking or the status screen, shows as just the unit type (s)he is representing. I.e. "wrestler", "swordsman", etc, not by the full name as it should be.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »

Provided you don't mind them being copies of human settlements, you can have them right now by modding entity_defaults.txt to CITY instead of TREE_CITY or CAVE_DETAILED.
I already know that. If dwarven and elven settelments aren't around the corner, than I'll do it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12