Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620797 times)

Riptendo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2010, 12:17:24 pm »

Thanks, I got out.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2011, 03:54:17 am »

So i went to explore a cave and ended up in the caverns. Now i can't find the way back out. I remembered reading that sleeping underground would teleport one back up. I slept 8 hours and my companions are now gone. I'm still underground. Help!

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2011, 07:28:17 am »

So i went to explore a cave and ended up in the caverns. Now i can't find the way back out. I remembered reading that sleeping underground would teleport one back up. I slept 8 hours and my companions are now gone. I'm still underground. Help!

I think you have to be on the same level you started to be able to teleport while sleeping. But I'm not sure.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2011, 11:25:34 am »

I found the way out by selecting the cavern from the (Q) sites menu. That made the compass show me the way to the cavern.
Managed to kill the hydra i was quested with, only to die to a night creature ambushing me the sleep.
It had 2 kills before stabbing me in the head with its copper bone carving knife... How copper can pierce a bluemetal hood is beyond me.

Which leads to another question: There aren't enough human settlements in my current world. I would get tasked to kill dragons and hydras so far away that i would have to travel through kobold and goblin land across half the map, losing all companions to ambushes at some point.
How do you travel long distances without losing all companions?

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »

Haven't attacked a single human in this new world yet but the first fort I go into is A: Mysteriously occupied entirely by wrestlers with a low tolerance for pain(easy K.O.s from 1-2 hits)
B:Lacking a lord/lady/other ruler and C: Hostile. Why?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2011, 03:41:55 pm »

How copper can pierce a bluemetal hood is beyond me.

Are you sure it's piercing it, not just transferring the force into your skull because its flexible instead of rigid?

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 03:44:14 pm »

How do you travel long distances without losing all companions?

If you don't want your party to be massacred, there are only a few things you can do.  You can just travel alone, if you feel confident enough to kill bogeymen and night creature ambushes.

The other way is to train your companions.  I suggest getting soldiers like swordsmen and spearmen who have shields, which gives them a reasonable chance of survival without being crippled.  If you travel with a small party, hostile ambushes will have fewer enemies and you'll be more able to protect your companions.  Eventually, your companions should become strong enough to survive against ambushes.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »

I have only just noticed that when you do aimed attacks there are little - and +'s in different colors next to the  attack chance/attack precision.  What exactly are these?  are they attached to the enemy's weakness or something?

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2011, 04:50:57 pm »

I have only just noticed that when you do aimed attacks there are little - and +'s in different colors next to the  attack chance/attack precision.  What exactly are these?  are they attached to the enemy's weakness or something?

It's like an opportunity strike, but it applies to all types of attacks and is a much smaller bonus.  It's supposed to simulate the person's position, so you can more easily strike body parts that are closer to you.  That's why a given hand's fingers seem to be all + or all -.

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:35 am »

I created a new world and made a couple good adventurers in it. After retiring the adventurers, is there a way to run history again, say, for 50 years? I want to see what exploits my characters will do or what will happen due to the changes after these guys are retired.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

I got the task to kill some villain. I have got to the site, killed all his companions, but I cannot find the villain himself. I stand on the very tile the quest shows be, but he is not around. I cannot kill him. Can I cancel this quest somehow? Or how can I complete it?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2011, 11:41:45 am »

Is there a way to defeat a bronze colossus? I tried it with my axedwarf but I could naturally do no harm with my axe to him.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »

I created a new world and made a couple good adventurers in it. After retiring the adventurers, is there a way to run history again, say, for 50 years?

No.

I got the task to kill some villain. I have got to the site, killed all his companions, but I cannot find the villain himself. I stand on the very tile the quest shows be, but he is not around. I cannot kill him. Can I cancel this quest somehow? Or how can I complete it?

He probably ran away after you killed so many of his men.

No, you can only get it off your quest list by finishing it.

I've heard that if you retire in a hamlet, the outlaw will be back in the camp.

Is there a way to defeat a bronze colossus? I tried it with my axedwarf but I could naturally do no harm with my axe to him.

A bronze colossus only dies when its head, upper body, and lower body have either been separated from each other or melted.

If your axedwarf can't cut it, try building up your character's strength and Axedwarf skill, and maybe find a better axe.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2011, 02:09:13 pm »

Thank you for your answers.  Meanwhile I died with 5 other heroes in that world. But that bronze colossus is going to die sooner or later.

Is there a way to travel big distances? e.g. a if two hamlets are more than a day travel, I have not yet made it from one to another. The Bogeymen alway got me. )-:

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »

Thank you for your answers.  Meanwhile I died with 5 other heroes in that world. But that bronze colossus is going to die sooner or later.

Is there a way to travel big distances? e.g. a if two hamlets are more than a day travel, I have not yet made it from one to another. The Bogeymen alway got me. )-:

Are you already using [T] to quick-travel? If so, you can't really go any faster.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 327